How was KT Roster not at Worlds?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Andrastos

10-07-2013

I was dissapointed that I didn't recognize any teams or players from Korea/Asia. I don't keep up very well with the news about those regions, so I was rather surprised that none of the usual favourites (Blaze, Frost, KTB, WE, IG) or any of the teams from last year's championship (with the sort of exception of Najin Black Sword) made it. Add that to the fact that all the NA teams and all the EU teams but one got crushed and it made for only a so-so championship for me.

Croanin

10-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrastos View Post
I was dissapointed that I didn't recognize any teams or players from Korea/Asia. I don't keep up very well with the news about those regions, so I was rather surprised that none of the usual favourites (Blaze, Frost, KTB, WE, IG) or any of the teams from last year's championship (with the sort of exception of Najin Black Sword) made it. Add that to the fact that all the NA teams and all the EU teams but one got crushed and it made for only a so-so championship for me.
Yea I think it's just a nod to how competitive the Asian scene is though with new blood coming up. No Madlife, Shy, Insec, Cloudtemplar, Wei Xiao etc.

Hemanth

10-07-2013

Without allstars even SKT would not have made worlds.

Kalarepa

10-07-2013

Because with Korean system they took the team, that was the best few months ago, not now. I feel like the real world finals were SKT vs KT at the end of OGN. What a great match was that, not like this 3-0 stomp.