Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


How was KT Roster not at Worlds?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Croanin

Senior Member

10-05-2013

From what I hear they were like the only team to give SKT serious run. I know OGN runs with circuit points but for next Season Riot should really make sure top contenders for the championship actually make it, I feel these guys had a real shot at winning and got screwed. I'm not saying teams that had no shot like Mineski and GG shouldn't have gotten a chance but they should have tried to squeeze these guys in.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Taylor Swift

Junior Member

10-05-2013

Because Korea's point system is retarded.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EvilTreeSpock

Senior Member

10-05-2013

They had two chances to beat SKTand go to worlds. the first one with a 2-0 Bo5 lead. I wanted them to make worlds too but SKT just man handled them. In Korea the final match of a Bo5 is blind pick, and I dont remember if it was the summer champions final or the regional qualifier, but they had a mirror match with Ryu and Faker both on Zed, and Faker pulled a play that was just magical.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zephyreal

Player Support Specialist

10-05-2013

KT was in the Korean regional tournaments competing with 4 (?) other teams for the #3 seed that SKTT1 eventually took. Needless to say, they did not win that tournament.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShawnDempsey

Senior Member

10-05-2013

Quote:
Riot Zephyreal:
KT was in the Korean regional tournaments competing with 4 (?) other teams for the #3 seed that SKTT1 eventually took. Needless to say, they did not win that tournament.

Aww...spoilers


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krald

Senior Member

10-05-2013

Quote:
Riot Zephyreal:
KT was in the Korean regional tournaments competing with 4 (?) other teams for the #3 seed that SKTT1 eventually took. Needless to say, they did not win that tournament.



And yet they were worlds better than 90% of the teams at worlds. Get it? Worlds?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr W

Senior Member

10-05-2013

Rofl at the QQ about the finals. GD you sicken me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

matrinox

Senior Member

10-05-2013

Quote:
Croanin:
From what I hear they were like the only team to give SKT serious run. I know OGN runs with circuit points but for next Season Riot should really make sure top contenders for the championship actually make it, I feel these guys had a real shot at winning and got screwed. I'm not saying teams that had no shot like Mineski and GG shouldn't have gotten a chance but they should have tried to squeeze these guys in.


SKT1 defeated them twice in a best of 5. Besides, Riot doesn't decide who the top teams from each region are, that's the role of the league in that region. OGN decided to use circuit points.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

civ

Senior Member

10-05-2013

Riot needs to do 4 things to make next years championships better

1. make it double elim
2. make a true wildcard tournament, which is also double elim, where the 3rd to 6th or 3rd to 5th placed teams from each region compete for spots in the group stages
2a. replace the spots held by mineski and gg.eu with the wildcard spots
3. don't let an all-star game have any impact on the actual competitive scene.
4. DO NOT LET UNTESTED PATCHES GET PLAYED AT WORLDS.

suddenly those that deserve to be at the championship tournament will actually be at the championship tournament.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShawNuff

Member

10-06-2013

They wouldn't have won anyways. They lost several consecutive best of sets to SKT leading up to the qualifiers.


12