No. 777

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DT777

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2011

Trips flexed both of his hands, each finger popping from lack of use. Pain. It was a sensation he hadn't felt in a long time. It felt good. Maybe it was the lack of feeling anything in so long, maybe he just liked the hurt. He relished the feeling as he stared into a nearby mirror.

His flesh had once hung loosely over his body, his muscles had withered away as a result of his constant exposure to dangerous chemicals. Now his patchwork skin was stretched tight over a fresh set of muscles, graciously “donated” by a local martial artist. Fresh scars adorned his already marred body, not yet healed from the various procedures and surgeries. As he traced the scares with his fingers, he heard steps in the hallway.

“I see you're recovering well. The Bloodsword said you were healing rather quickly, despite having had nearly all your musculature surgically replaced. Though I do believe he said you were on strict bed rest.” It'd been about six weeks since Trips had last heard that voice. The smooth cultured tone of the Noxian Nobility that belied their murderous and violent nature, or rather an imitation of it. He wasn't a noble, but he certainly worked for one of them.

“I know my limits. I just wanted to stretch my legs. I just had to get out of bed. It's been almost ten years since I last moved under my own power.” As he stretched, he mused that he really wasn't moving under his own power. Hell, even the cartilage and ligaments weren't his own. But he moved. That's all that mattered to him now.

He ran a hand over his bumpy and patchy scalp, clear of hair. “I don't suppose we could find someone willing to donate a scalp full of hair too.” He wondered out loud.

“I think it's a little too late for you to worry about vanity.” Trips didn't like the Noxian's mocking tone. He didn't say anything though, he still needed him. No reason to piss off his new “friends,” he could afford to weather a few slings and arrows.

“Not vanity. No delusions of it. Not even a mother could love this mug. But he doesn't have it. That alone is reason enough.”

“I'll see what Bloodsword thinks. My backers would like you to be ready as soon as possible. There's a couple of groups beginning to make power plays. The Black Rose, for example, is likely behind the disappearance of Du Couteau. Things are happening, and we need to be able to capitalize on them.” Trips put on his lab coat as the Noxian spoke, popping his neck as he did. Then he headed towards the door.

“He said bed rest, chemist. Exactly where do you think you're going?”

“Just a walk. Just a short walk. Just can't take being penned up here. I'll be right back, won't do anything dangerous.”

-

The old halls of the Zuan laboratories were both familiar and alien to him. So much had changed, but the architecture had stayed the same. He knew the halls, but not the paints and colors that decorated them now. The sterile smell, though, he certainly recognized that.

The biggest difference Trips noticed though, was the complete lack of people. Warwick had so many apprentices, he had them numbered. If Singed had any, they weren't roaming the halls.

He ran a hand over the textured wall, feeling the dips, bumps, and gaps of the painted cement blocks that composed the building. As he did, he admired the metallic receptacle that Bloodsword had added to the back of his hand. There was one on his other hand too, but he wasn't paying it much mind. It was ever so curious. What was its purpose? What did it hook in to? He had noticed it early, but paid it no heed, his mind wrapped too much up in the joy of movement and pain. How curious it was. Surely it connected into the Radial artery.

His destination interrupted that thought. He could see the large double doors that led into the main lab. He remembered passing through those doors so many times, always when he was one-upping Singed. Heh. Like he was about to do right now.

He slipped through the doors quietly. Singed had countless beakers and burners set up, Trips recognized the layout, the colors of the chemicals, the smell.

“Cerazine gas? How boring, three-one-three.”

The bandaged Chemist froze, tension gathering in his shoulders. He glanced over his shoulder at the intruder. Though half his face was hid by wrapping, he wore his confusion on his sleeve for all to see. It lasted but a moment, but a moment was satisfying enough for Trips.

“777. You're supposed to be dead.”

“Death didn't like how I tasted. Dying was to good for me. Death chewed me up and spat me out. And now, here I am.” His voice was almost emotionless. Like it used to be, back at the lab. Insecurities, fear, bloodthirst, hatred, all of it was masked behind a stoic face. But now, it was hard to mask. His flesh had been peeled away, leaving the monster in plain view for everyone.

“So it would seem. Perhaps you have good fortune after all. Fortunate, too, that you should come here. I find myself in a complete lack of competent help. I could use a good lab assistant.”

“Me, your assistant?” The crack in his stoic mask spread. “Me, help you? Measured on any other scale but luck, I was the better, Singed.” He spat out the Chemist's name like a curse, as his act of stoicism gave way completely. “This is my lab. You just don't know it yet. We'll be seeing each other real soon. Mark my words.”

GirlsInDaTruck

01-12-2011

i hate fanfic and lore, but i enjoyed reading this!

Pencildragon

01-12-2011

'THIS IS MY LAB KID.'

'LOL U JUST MAD CUZ I WUZ STYLIN ON U'

Is how I pictured the last paragraph in my head.

DT777

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2011

Bump!

Birdy51

01-13-2011

I enjoyed it.

Stinky2000

01-13-2011

Nice job, needs more lore like this I think.

Kielih

01-14-2011

oh look V for Vendetta fanfic

DT777

01-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kielih View Post
oh look V for Vendetta fanfic
That makes little to no sense. About the only connection I can see is that V is scarred and Trips is scarred.

That's almost like saying, Dracula has a vampire in it, so it must be a ****ty romance novel like twilight.

BuddhistDuelist

01-14-2011

A very interesting fanfic, I'd like to see how this plays out.

DT777

01-16-2011

I don't feel like letting this hit the second page.

Because I'm selfish and egotistical like that.

12345612 ... 17