Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What the heck is a FEMALE Yordle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RinTheYordle

10-05-2013

I love yordles for their spunk and fire. Most of them are an extreme of their characteristics. Also, EXPLOSIONS. HEHEHEHE.

I really would like more lore based on how and why they look the way they are. I feel some of it get's messed up in translation and a lot of us are left wondering what yordles COULD look like and how they SHOULD look like.

Keep being awesome Kienan!

KNKL KNockmaw

10-05-2013

Quote:
RinTheYordle:
I love yordles for their spunk and fire. Most of them are an extreme of their characteristics. Also, EXPLOSIONS. HEHEHEHE.

I really would like more lore based on how and why they look the way they are. I feel some of it get's messed up in translation and a lot of us are left wondering what yordles COULD look like and how they SHOULD look like.

Keep being awesome Kienan!

Thanks Rin! I think your character is a good example of what they should have looked like from the start!

RinTheYordle

10-05-2013

Quote:
KNKL KNockmaw:
Thanks Rin! I think your character is a good example of what they should have looked like from the start!

Thanks dude, that means a ton! I love having some of them furry and some of them much less, such as Heimer and Corki, but I think they all need a few more traits that tie them together. A little bit fuzzy, a little bit short, a lot of fun!

Ironstryde

10-06-2013

Awesome art. I love this theme for female yordles. The only reason I'm buying a female yordle is because she is cute and kicks ass while doing it. I find most of the female yordles to be frumpy and awkward now. Most of the male yordles strike a great comedy/parody or simply just interesting theme. I like the animal ears from your drawing. It sort of sets them apart from simply being frumpy small humans. Any future yordles should either be extremely cute or a straight badass in a small package. Just one guys opinion but I think the yordles would make riot a lot more money following these thoughts.

HeroicTechnology

10-06-2013

Lulu.

That is all.

Ant

Recruiter

10-06-2013

I'm gonna have to say the hair. I think their hairstyles are iconic for the champions they are.

Sigil of Silence

10-06-2013

People need to remember that Tristana is a Megling, not a yordle.

Ant

Recruiter

10-06-2013

Quote:
AlanisMorissette:
People need to remember that Tristana is a Megling, not a yordle.

...wat? Tristana is part of The Megling Commandos, which is a sort of special ops forces in Bandle City. She most certainly is a Yordle.

NekoStar

10-07-2013

Tbh, I was somewhat disappointed while watching the speedpaint of Lulu when she was first released. In the speedpaint, at least towards the beginning, it looked like she had cat ears, similar to how you drew Trist in the first post (and poppy as well on DA.) This isn't to say that yordles need to be anthro characters or have cat ears, but it ALWAYS struck me as odd that the males WERE (mostly) all anthro characters, while the females were not.

I don't know if it's my affinity for anthro characters, (being born in '89 I grew up with shows like Road Rovers, Swat Kats, Tiny Toons, Looney Tunes, etc. where being an anthro character wasn't a sin, and liking them wasn't taboo) but I always liked the anthro characters of LoL. I've seen fanart of Lulu with cat ears and it's ADORABLE. I think that a look like that somewhat takes the 'ferocity' away from characters like Tristana, but she's already short. Similar to Veigar, how CAN we take them seriously? Haha! I would definitely like it if the Yordles were essentially just one of the 'beast classes' of LoL. Animal ears are a fine and welcome change, but I wanna see a kennen/teemo-esque female yordle for once. Just for a bit of variation.

Sigil of Silence

10-07-2013

Quote:
Ant:
...wat? Tristana is part of The Megling Commandos, which is a sort of special ops forces in Bandle City. She most certainly is a Yordle.

If you happen to recall, way back then her lore was started that she was a Megling, but they changed it up to incorporate her into the yordle race.