What the heck is a FEMALE Yordle?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MarcosLuis97

02-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish n Chicks View Post
Female yordles are smurfs, male yordles are anthropomorphic badgers.

That's what I always thought.
Corki and (Pre VU) Heimerdinger are yordles, they are the only ones that look like midget humans.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noctes setcoN

02-26-2014

I think the Heimer VU is a great direction to go in for future Yordle designs/redesigns of existing Yordles. (I know this is about female Yordles but I'll get to that in a sec)

http://i.imgur.com/dq2xa8G.png (Heimer VU concept art)

I feel like Yordles should be more distinct as a race, and not just small cute human-like creatures that are basically elves. That's too boring. In my mind, all Yordles have short but somewhat sharp claws/nails, large pointed ears (sometimes furry and sometimes not), I would say "sharp canines" but Ziggs appears to challenge that, and fur, but the males just have more obviously, while the females have fur much closer to the skin, basically sexual dimorphism. It's present in most (all?) species, so why not Yordles? It's weird for me to think of female Yordles as having just colored skin as opposed to just really short fur. That almost says "different race" to me.

I don't think a zany personality really makes a female Yordle specifically. I think Yordles in general just have strong personalities, compared to humans at least. I think what signifies a female Yordle specifically is the physical features, again, such as the short fur, and the tendency for that fur to lean towards cool colors, shades of blue, green, and purple.