Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Meet 20thCenturyFaux, the Heimerdonger Raiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedliwLedah

10-07-2013

Yo 20thCenturyFaux!
I sent an email to Naps. His response:
"Thanks for the reference to his comment. I think it's one of the
best compliments I've ever received. Bill Nye and Spock are a couple
of my heroes, combining education and logic -- two things I really
love. If you interact with this person online, tell him that we
would love to get his rather unique industry perspective on our CS
program here at UWO. If he would be at all interested in joining our
Advisory Board of alumni, a group that provides advisory advice to our
department, have send a message to me."

I'm sure you can figure out his email if things havent changed since you were here, otherwise you can always add me on League and I can send you contact info there.
It'd actually be cool if you could add me on League regardless, I need to contact someone in an industry I'm interested in for questions for the job skills class required for comp sci and it'd be cool if I could get you for that.

Evolnemesis

10-07-2013

Wait a minute... Rumble Icon?... Rumble HATES Heimer... I smell some kind of evil conspiracy against the dinger...

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-07-2013

Quote:
RedliwLedah:
Yo 20thCenturyFaux!
I sent an email to Naps. His response:
"Thanks for the reference to his comment. I think it's one of the
best compliments I've ever received. Bill Nye and Spock are a couple
of my heroes, combining education and logic -- two things I really
love. If you interact with this person online, tell him that we
would love to get his rather unique industry perspective on our CS
program here at UWO. If he would be at all interested in joining our
Advisory Board of alumni, a group that provides advisory advice to our
department, have send a message to me."

I'm sure you can figure out his email if things havent changed since you were here, otherwise you can always add me on League and I can send you contact info there.
It'd actually be cool if you could add me on League regardless, I need to contact someone in an industry I'm interested in for questions for the job skills class required for comp sci and it'd be cool if I could get you for that.

so much... warm fuzzies... my shriveled black heart is feeling... feelings? what is this

I'll definitely send him an email ^^

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-07-2013

Quote:
Evolnemesis:
Wait a minute... Rumble Icon?... Rumble HATES Heimer... I smell some kind of evil conspiracy against the dinger...

They're rivals to be sure, but when it comes time for a Bandle City Beatdown neither of them is confused about who deserves the applied physics

Elphrihaim

10-07-2013

Heimer's base art converts badly into the portrait size from what I can tell, his art is too 'chunky' (... or rather, has too deep an outline and inset colorization, yielding poor quality or blocky pixels showing up when reduced in size).

Then again, I'm an avid fan of MS Paint for doing my things if I don't use Photoshop or a piece of paper (though I usually do sprites instead of fancy drawings in paint); so I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Bro Party

10-08-2013

when will the Fae be finished? I collected all the trinkets and the madwoman does nothing!

Evolnemesis

10-08-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
They're rivals to be sure, but when it comes time for a Bandle City Beatdown neither of them is confused about who deserves the applied physics

Rumble only imagines himself as a rival to Heimerdinger... He wishes he could rival Heimer's brains and talent... Heimer barely knows he exists, and there's no question who is the REAL scientist...

Heimerdinger created advanced technology that made everyone's life better, invented the Runeterran equivalent of the light bulb as well as all kinds of advanced inventions used by the other champions and society in general... All Rumble really did was make a rusty oversized clunky walking machine to beat people up as a way to psychologically overcompensate for being short... (even for a yordle)

P.S.: On a serious note, see what you can do to get them to make a military-style or Rambo-like skin for him... I mean, his kit screams for it... After all, he fights with machine guns, rockets, and grenades! I think it would be awesome to see him looking all badass in camouflage with a big oversized combat helmet, maybe on top of a hill ordering a charge in his splash art with his turrets around him... Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so, because I found this image someone made (I wish I could take credit for it) which does a great job at something along those concept lines:

jungle_heimerdinger_by_he_st-d5ra8b9.jpg

Leftsyde

10-08-2013

This makes me so happy. Finally hope to see that Heimerswag on the Rift again! One of the most fun champs to play. Though right now you pick him and people are like," THIS IZ NOT D0MIN0N N00B!!!!"

LuayzWorld

10-09-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:

Sir, I don't know what to say, thank you maybe? I truly never believed in Riot Games with heimerdinger, they put my trust down with all the, well, I can't say lies because it truly takes time to build something or a rework, but promising a month for a year? That made me truly hurtful. When I saw this post, the only thing I wanted to do is well, PLAY HEIMERDONGER again, this gave me the courage to see what heimy is and what he will be, I only desire 1 tiny small question, do you have any clue is if this rework is coming out before 11-5-2013? If so, then this is the only thing I want for my B-Day !!!

Thank You again, Mr 20THCENTURYFAUX !

SSj Heimerdinger

10-09-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
I have been told that I can say "Soon (TM)", with the rest being subject to the strange nether realm that contains publishing, localization, and release.

Also, I fixed the bug where turrets stop shooting when Heimerdinger dies ^^

>One for all happens and heimers only thread gets buried
>Olaf, Zyra, Brand gets more discussion about intended kit changes while Heimer's still remains hidden in the dark similar to what happened to karma...
(makes me think Heimer will be losing his unique playstyle and turn into zyra)
>Jinx hype
>Ahri, Kass, Fizz gets even more discussion about kit changes
>Next patch that releases Jinx turns out it isn't 3.13 but instead a "hotfix" further delaying Heimer's arrival
>Get's the Soon ™ slapped onto him and still doesn't get a kit preview at the very least his turrets info released which is most heim players concerns.

P.s. press the clipboard button and click on the image after you upload it to attach it to the thread as an image, it's not very well explained or indicative at all but there ya go :3

heimerdinger-3.jpg