Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Meet 20thCenturyFaux, the Heimerdonger Raiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Delamurk

10-04-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
Hello! I’ve been around the forums a while but I’ve never done a formal introduction thread, which should be false by the time you’re reading this. I’m 20thCenturyFaux, and I’ll be in on this PBE iteration strat because more communication makes the Dinger more awesome.

Some random stuff about me:
  • I’ve played probably 300+ different levels of DooM II
  • I sometimes mix Diet Mountain Dew with bad whiskey, a crime against alcohol I will eventually be jailed for
  • I need a dispenser here
    [*]I grew up in Wisconsin, where I did terribly irresponsible things with fireworks every 4th of July. Since moving to California, I have yet to build a single sparkler bomb. This is awful.
  • I get a certain awful joy out of dying in Roguelikes because I know it’s happened to tons of other people the same way
  • RAISE YOUR TURRETS

I'm glad heimy is in the hands of this man

Yaddar

10-04-2013

I will be watching Heimer rework carefully, he is pretty much the sole reason I started playing League back in august 2010, and even though I've played Maokai and Leona a lot more over the months, I still consider him to be "my main" with more than 300 games with him. (along with my first ranked win and my wins 1000 and 2000)

Im specially concerned about possible changes at his grenade, because while the rest of his kit might be problematic that sole skill is amazing at the moment (and needs a good degree of skill to maximize it's use.)

basically I play heimer because of the turrets and the grenade. and (as I've posed before on another heimer thrreads) here are some things I consider to be "less than ideal"

--his passive needs a change, thats for sure - there is a point when you forget about it after 10 or 15 minutes. (specially as an aura on solo mid lane) - but it would be also so very neat to keep his ability to heal Towers (maybe as a passive of his Q, Idk, but it needs to stay somewhere)

--his turrets need to have more durability (while allowing some counterplay)... at some point, they can just be one shot'd by anyone.

--his rockets are meh, but a good tool for harras. I know they are problematic and Im curious to see what you have in store for them.

--his grenade is perfect. Riotplz.

--his ultimate ATM is basically a tool for refreshing turrets (while adding a meh slow for annoying enemies at fights ) .. it is less costly (specially on the 1st 8-15 minutes) to use the ultimate instead of placing another turret - and other than the CDR (heimer NEEDS cdr to be able to land a couple of rounds of missiles and grenades on any given fight).. the ultimate has little reason to be maxed other than levels 6,17, and 18.

AlbinoCerberus

10-04-2013

Dinger Dinger Dinger Dinger Dinger Dinger. Dinger.
I am 100% Dinger.

DINGER DINGER DINGER DINGER DINGER DINGER. DINGER.
I AM 200% DINGER.

Dinger Dinger Dinger Dinger Dinger Dinger. Dinger.
Why does the player-base hate Dinger?

DINGER DINGER DINGER DINGER DINGER DINGER. DINGER.
It's because they have a substandard intelligence.

The Neverworld

10-04-2013

I hope you do a great job 20thCenturyFaux. Unlike the rework of Yi, as he is more broken as before, I hope you do a much better job on Heimerdinger.

The almost best thing on Heimerdinger was his Rockets, dealing on average range high damage to multiple targets. I hope this stays or will be still implemented in the kit, to allow a combo with it.

Any ideas if Heimerdinger's rework allows to spawn a third tower if Syndra takes over the second one?

bonesawed

10-04-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
Hello! I’ve been around the forums a while but I’ve never done a formal introduction thread, which should be false by the time you’re reading this. I’m 20thCenturyFaux, and I’ll be in on this PBE iteration strat because more communication makes the Dinger more awesome.

Hey, you probably won't see this, but your Doom comment reminded me of my old school days involving Demon Gate, which I still have the hard case/CD of at home

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-04-2013

Quote:
Vytaan:
Are there any Doom-wads you could suggest? I've played quite a few of the popular ones, but I'm sure there are some hidden gems out there

Single-player: Hell Revealed
Co-op: Memento Mori

Quote:
Low Door:
I love playing Heimerdinger. You should let his turrets block minions again.

oh god

Quote:
bonesawed:
Hey, you probably won't see this, but your Doom comment reminded me of my old school days involving Demon Gate, which I still have the hard case/CD of at home

BONESAW IS REAAAADDDYYYY

JJE SoggyWafflez

10-04-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:

• I sometimes mix Diet Mountain Dew with bad whiskey, a crime against alcohol I will eventually be jailed for
  • I need a dispenser here
  • I grew up in Wisconsin, where I did terribly irresponsible things with fireworks every 4th of July. Since moving to California, I have yet to build a single sparkler bomb. This is awful.
  • I get a certain awful joy out of dying in Roguelikes because I know it’s happened to tons of other people the same way
  • RAISE YOUR TURRETS

I grew up in Wisconsin too! I just wish I could say I have made it out to California.

However, mixing diet mt. dew with bad whiskey is not only a crime against alcohol, it is also a crime as a Wisconsinite. For shame!!

Overlord Etherea

10-04-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
  • I’ve played probably 300+ different levels of DooM II...

Please tell me you did this on UV.

SSj Heimerdinger

10-04-2013

Quote:
20thCenturyFaux:
Single-player: Hell Revealed
Co-op: Memento Mori

oh god

BONESAW IS REAAAADDDYYYY

Intentionally ignoring heimerdinger worries must feel very cringy. I bet you're dying to post that info XD
Can't wait for 3.13 to show up on PBE, though I hope he won't be karma changed, something like katarinas changes or xin' zhaos changes would be better, nothing drastic but touches of improvement

PopeDonger420

10-04-2013

Will his swag walk stay...