Server IPs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jertagadlafrata

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-13-2010

I enjoy playing league of legends very much. I enjoy it so much I went through a rather long and drawn out battle with the tech department at my university just to have the IPs of league of legend servers whitelisted so that I may play here. Everything was working fine until a few months ago when about 25% of the time I would be unable to connect to a game after selecting a champion. I had the tech people double check and the IPs they had were the same as listed by riot. I'm not sure if I'm unable to connect due to additional servers being purchased and the IP list not being updated at the same time or if maybe cloud servers are to blame for untraceable server IPs.

I've waited a bit, but any time I try to find an answer the search for this forum is down or I run into posts full of people that do not understand the problem at hand. I myself can only speculate on the cause of this. This only happens when I use the university network, and all other functions of LoL work except connecting to the game when it starts.

If the problem is an updated selection of servers for riot but no updated list of their IPs, would it be possible to get that list updated? If the problem is the inability to give a single cloud server an IP, could I get a range of all cloud server IPs? If neither of these are a problem but this problem has been encountered before could I get a link to the solution?

Please do not link me to the page containing the ports that need to be unblocked; as that is the only response I've received from the LoL support site and it is completely useless to me.

As a token of my future thanks for your future response I present to you a badly edited Malzahar.

Lucas Satie

12-13-2010

Are you using the list located here:
http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...server-ip-list

jertagadlafrata

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Satie View Post
Are you using the list located here:
http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...server-ip-list
yes, and I'm also using the North American client.

Rary the Traitor

12-14-2010

The pockets, they fill me.

jertagadlafrata

Recruiter

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rary the Traitor View Post
The pockets, they fill me.
As great as these responses are, is there any chance I could get useful replies? Doesn't seem like a problem that would require much attention to solve.

Albel Tel Wicked

12-15-2010

Bump for great justice!

Gnard Dawg

12-15-2010

Its prolly something to do with the internet firewall. Thats all i got. lol im not too great with comp as to how to fix problems however some of the time i can point them out. Im not saying thats what it is but its a possibility. hope that helps.

jertagadlafrata

Recruiter

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard7 View Post
Its prolly something to do with the internet firewall. Thats all i got. lol im not too great with comp as to how to fix problems however some of the time i can point them out. Im not saying thats what it is but its a possibility. hope that helps.
Unfortunately it isn't a problem with my computer otherwise I could fix it myself. The problem lies within the router. If what I think is wrong with it, is in fact, the problem I simply need the IPs of newer servers purchased by riot or the IP range of the cloud servers riot uses. I'm not too sure how cloud servers work as far as IPs go so I can only wait for a response.