Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Competitive Howling Abyss team looking for the best players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrosPigeon

10-04-2013

Quote:
Kalarepa:
But still if you really want to win most of the games, I think you need good players, who are also smurfs.
In ADAM/ABAM everyone will pick OP heroes only, so why would you need someone, who wasted his time learning to play Shyvanna or Leblanc in ARAM? Just take smurfs, who play OP heroes only.
And in normal ARAM it's obviously better to have smurfs in team and better chance for stronger team.

I also think, that really good aram player is someone, who can play all heroes. But if we're talking strictly about winning in current ARAM situation - team of smurfs is the way to go.

And about q times. I'm in ~2k according to that site and I have to wait 5-10 minutes for a game (not counting dodges).
We are not focused on ARAM but on the competitive side of Howling Abyss which is ADAM. Winning ARAM doesn't mean anything to most of us. It's just practice for bad matchups.

rfken310

10-04-2013

I am interested in playing ADAM private custom games. Right now the queuing experience in ARAM is too random and unrewarding for me. I queue solo and don't own a smurf, so the vast majority of games are either me not even have to try much at all and win, or try really hard and lose. There are games where the player skill and team comps are very close, and those are fun, but that's maybe only around 10% of games. So yeah, organized team play with picks and bans sounds like a lot of fun.

GrosPigeon

10-04-2013

Quote:
rfken310:
I am interested in playing ADAM private custom games. Right now the queuing experience in ARAM is too random and unrewarding for me. I queue solo and don't own a smurf, so the vast majority of games are either me not even have to try much at all and win, or try really hard and lose. There are games where the player skill and team comps are very close, and those are fun, but that's maybe only around 10% of games. So yeah, organized team play with picks and bans sounds like a lot of fun.
I understand how you feel. ADAM games tend to be way more fun since you can build teams, counterpick and there is some strategy involved. Games tend to be much closer since one team doesn't get all the good picks when the other is left with nothing like it often happens in ARAM.

Also, playing ARAM gives very little to no meaningful experience even for playing on Howling Abyss in general. You get better much quicker when you get the chance to practice a specific champion for multiple games in a row without them being lopsided.

Zimboda

10-04-2013

I can understand where your coming from, back in the day when we had to make a custom rift game for aram people would ask you have xmany wins and have both sides evened out. This helped to try to keep it as even of a game as possible. Also it would help make sure you don't have someone who will leave or afk. I use to love cdr ap Janna and shield every one, like when the enemy had a Zillian.

slipstreem

10-04-2013

Hidden Elo average: 1821.97

not terrible I suppose... not quite the 1900 you guys get though. and this is my main, so I do get all those fun tryn and udyr picks and whatnot that are less fun in aram settin

Strikerfox

Recruiter

10-04-2013

Never played ADAM, but I want to. How do I do this? I could wrangle 4 other players if need be.

GrosPigeon

10-04-2013

Quote:
Strikerfox:
Never played ADAM, but I want to. How do I do this? I could wrangle 4 other players if need be.
You have to join or make a custom game room for it. Map: Howling Abyss, pick type: Draft mode

Strikerfox

Recruiter

10-04-2013

Quote:
GrosPigeon:
You have to join or make a custom game room for it. Map: Howling Abyss, pick type: Draft mode

Thank you!

Bions

10-04-2013

Quote:
slipstreem:
Hidden Elo average: 1821.97

not terrible I suppose... not quite the 1900 you guys get though. and this is my main, so I do get all those fun tryn and udyr picks and whatnot that are less fun in aram settin

As mentioned before, we had a level 28 and a level 13 on our team as well as new 5th players that were under tryouts. Made our avg mmr spike down How dare they tarnish our precious 3rd party site's inaccurate average elo!

slipstreem

10-04-2013

Quote:
Bions:
As mentioned before, we had a level 28 and a level 13 on our team as well as new 5th players that were under tryouts. Made our avg mmr spike down How dare they tarnish our precious 3rd party site's inaccurate average elo!

just imagine how well I would do if I ever give up using this touch pad and switch over to an actual mouse... would make playing lee sin 10 million times easier.

excuses excuses .