Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Competitive Howling Abyss team looking for the best players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I cheat at ARAM

10-03-2013

Quote:
Bions:
You'd be surprised. Our average queuing time is around 10 minutes, but it's usually shorter. If that sounds slightly high, I think I can speak for everyone in our premade when I say that we prefer quality games over quantity. I would prefer playing 1x 25 minute game over 5x 15 min stomps. Not to mention that throwing matches is counter-intuitive. We want to playtest against what we would usually lose to, not play as many games as possible.

And even in 2.1k mmr games, we rarely lose, even at a huge disadvantage. Which is why we want to gather more good players. Ideally we'd want to host full 5v5 scrims in custom and practice like that but the format doesn't have enough experienced players, as arrogant as it sounds. It's also the reason why we didn't even have a single loss or even a game over 15 minutes in the tournament we previously won.

That's totally not the behaviour I was expecting. I thought it would be like high MMR ranked teams and take forever + 1.

Quote:
JmbombARAM:
has nothing to do with anything

The joke.

(whooooosh)

----you----

TROLLIN ARAM

10-03-2013

Oh oh oh me me pick me!

slipstreem

10-03-2013

my solo queue aram time average is only like 3-4 minutes right now before the queue first pops... I must not be high enough ranked in arams yet if you are getting 10 minute queue times.

GrosPigeon

10-03-2013

Quote:
slipstreem:
my solo queue aram time average is only like 3-4 minutes right now before the queue first pops... I must not be high enough ranked in arams yet if you are getting 10 minute queue times.
The ARAM queue is biased to be honest. You can get high mmr simply by owning OP champs. I'm not asking for high mmr players. I'm asking for good players.

AznDudeIsOn

10-03-2013

I'm really interested in seeing the different level of play.

Necroclysm

10-03-2013

Quote:
I cheat at ARAM:
5x 2.1k mmr queuing together must give the match making algorithm an anxiety attack...

Shouldn't you be throwing a handful of matches so that you can actually play the game in a reasonable amount of time?

What I am seeing is that they are around 1900, not 2.1k.
What exactly is showing it at 2.1k for ARAM? There are 5 in a match right now and the team average is showing as 1889.39 / 1901.8.

slipstreem

10-03-2013

just curious, how do you see your aram MMR? I haven't the slightest idea where to find it.

InivtesPreeze

10-04-2013

I bounce between 1800-1900 depending on the frequency of afks and leavers, which some nights is 75% of my games.

Kalarepa

10-04-2013

Quote:
GrosPigeon:
The ARAM queue is biased to be honest. You can get high mmr simply by owning OP champs. I'm not asking for high mmr players. I'm asking for good players.

But still if you really want to win most of the games, I think you need good players, who are also smurfs.
In ADAM/ABAM everyone will pick OP heroes only, so why would you need someone, who wasted his time learning to play Shyvanna or Leblanc in ARAM? Just take smurfs, who play OP heroes only.
And in normal ARAM it's obviously better to have smurfs in team and better chance for stronger team.

I also think, that really good aram player is someone, who can play all heroes. But if we're talking strictly about winning in current ARAM situation - team of smurfs is the way to go.

And about q times. I'm in ~2k according to that site and I have to wait 5-10 minutes for a game (not counting dodges).

GrosPigeon

10-04-2013

Quote:
Necroclysm:
What I am seeing is that they are around 1900, not 2.1k.
What exactly is showing it at 2.1k for ARAM? There are 5 in a match right now and the team average is showing as 1889.39 / 1901.8.
When we queue as 5 with our team members and not random friends, we hit at least 2.1k on http://quickfind.kassad.in/