Soraka's Passive

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trazier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2013

Please don't. Mid/Aggro/Anti-mage Soraka has taken hit after hit after hit after hit to her usefulness. It's not the fault of decent soraka players if the scrubs can't help but look at her passive and go 'omfg dis so bad plz change kkty' just like they do with starcall all the time... Yet I can't count the number of times a teemo thought he was slick in our jungle escape/hiding, and the 'starcall sensor' found him out, or how many times it's warned me of enemies in bushes, or approaching stealthed players.

The day you guys karma-ize soraka is the day I cease playing. You already did horrendous damage by removing self-casted infuse, something she'd enjoyed SINCE THE DAWN OF CREATION...

Trazier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
As far as Infuse goes mana restore to ally has been a bit problematic, particularly given there's no cost apart from the CD to Soraka so much of the time it's simply 'Push Infuse on ally without max mana or you're doing it wrong'. A healthier approach there would be something along the lines of giving Infuse a mana cost, so it's not an automatic choice to give mana to an ally, but then also reduces Soraka's other mana costs to compensate. Might result in too much transfer of agency from support to team mate though ('Spend your mana to heal someone else while they actually engage with the enemy, then give away the remainder as well') so some potential issues there too.

Please don't do this, unless you leave the offensive version as is. When Soraka runs out of mana, the only things she can do are autoattack and infuse harass until she can go back or get some cover if she's solo.

Now if say, you were to make it so casting it to give mana to an ally cost you some mana (balancing), but casting it on an enemy still worked the same as it does now ("free" CC for clutch interupts, flash/escape preventing, and harass tool), then that would be okay.

If you really wanted to make it awesome, have it so she can self-cast infuse to have a mantra like effect. I know you don't want it giving her free mana anymore, but say she self casts it then casts it on an ally. Maybe they get more mana and she spends more mana and it has twice the cooldown or something, make it like a "'i'm going back to base or just passing through your lane, here, have this!" style thing. Then say if she self-casts then casts it on the enemy, it drains some of her mana to have even MORE of an impact on them, maybe it turns to a stun instead of a silence and also has a longer cooldown or something.

I can be creative, you guys are paid to do so, I bet you could come up with something better than me, right?

Mid Soraka

10-04-2013

Could you at least fix Soraka Q bug?!!
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3675312

It is so frustrating...

Soraka E also seems to have a bug where enemies can use skills within .25 sec after being silenced. E bug is not 100% sure, but Q is 100% sure.

I also posted a long post about some possible soraka changes after playing about 1000 games of Soraka, but I cant find it on the forum... Whenever I try to search my post, I can't find my post with General Discussion search feature =(

silverbacon

10-04-2013

Quote:
Can't see any reason to significantly alter Wish, it's a great spell and a really healthy heal (generates clutch saves, has skillful uses, has multiple use cases, comes with a significant cost).
Thanks for the response. That is the one thing I like about Soraka the most. If it could stay and remain pretty much intact from what it is now, that would be fantastic.

NA Rukhron

10-04-2013

Quote:
Can't see any reason to significantly alter Wish, it's a great spell and a really healthy heal (generates clutch saves, has skillful uses, has multiple use cases, comes with a significant cost).
Collateral effect.

When Soraka uses her ultimate to save a single ally in whatever lane it is she burst heals all allies not-on-purpose. This leads to wish having its power shifted down to compensate. I'd rather have Wish work in a way similar to Lissandra's ultimate, where self cast is a AoE self-centered healing and on-ally casting is a global range single target healing. This would lead to having all the deserved power for both instances while eliminating collateral effect.

silverbacon

10-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Rukhron View Post
Collateral effect.

When Soraka uses her ultimate to save a single ally in whatever lane it is she burst heals all allies not-on-purpose. This leads to wish having its power shifted down to compensate. I'd rather have Wish work in a way similar to Lissandra's ultimate, where self cast is a AoE self-centered healing and on-ally casting is a global range single target healing. This would lead to having all the deserved power for both instances while eliminating collateral effect.
The single ally saves is only a small part of what the ability can do and it's not something you have to do very often. Making it do only a single ally would be a huge nerf. Even if you increased the amount it healed on that single target, you would lose your ability to impact team fights, lane pushes, etc. because only one person would be affected. Most likely your adc would be on the receiving end which would only increase the constant sustain she already provides which is already problematic. And you would have to locate that individual you want to save which is not always possible in the amount of time you have, even if it only takes but a second.

Battletick

10-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarongeddon View Post
But so is double AP. The main problem is that the MR is almost useless botlane, where most of the damage is AD.
It really depends on who you're fighting, Corki and Kogmaw do lots of magic damage, basically everything but autos from supports is magic damage. Her passive is pretty helpful bot lane.

NA Rukhron

10-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbacon View Post
The single ally saves is only a small part of what the ability can do and it's not something you have to do very often. Making it do only a single ally would be a huge nerf. Even if you increased the amount it healed on that single target, you would lose your ability to impact team fights, lane pushes, etc. because only one person would be affected. Most likely your adc would be on the receiving end which would only increase the constant sustain she already provides which is already problematic. And you would have to locate that individual you want to save which is not always possible in the amount of time you have, even if it only takes but a second.
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
I did not make it single target.

I gave it 2 casting patterns:
Global On-Ally: Single target healing
On-self: Self-Centered AoE healing

This structure eliminates collateral effect allowing for more power. Notoriously a passive sustain effect caused on all allies.
It actually buffs your teamfighting AoE healing capacity or global range single target lifesaving.

Dryad Soraka

10-04-2013

soraka going bot

oh hey yay free mr so useful against attack damage

NA Rukhron

10-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryad Soraka View Post
soraka going bot

oh hey yay free mr so useful against attack damage
Hey yay free chunk of armor after huge spike of healing
Hey yay free silence and damage at range and unable to miss
Hey yay free mr against Leona, Corki, Kog, Lux, Zyra, Nami, Sona, Taric, Thresh, Lulu...