Another overly complex champion that makes Invoker look easy.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlyGoat

12-22-2009

Goals for this creation:

-A champion who's even more annoying to play against than Shaco.
-A champion who's fragile on his own but made durable simply by being impossible to hit.
-A champion who's main way of killing enemies is confusing and manipulating them.

I don't plan on making him as skill intensive as Mudbore, but just as much fun to play, and with his own set of complex abilities, albeit in the form of passive/3skills/1ultimate (which I have nothing against).

Revenant

The Sanity Shredder
(Best I could do. I think it has a nice ring to it though.)

Health: 380 (+74/level) - 1712 @ 18
Mana: 220 (+50/level) - 1120 @ 18
Movespeed: 325
Armor: 6 (+2/level) - 42 @ 18
Magic resist: 30
Crit: 2.25 (+.3/level) - 7.65 @ 18
Health regen: .88 (+.1/level) - 2.68 @ 18
Mana regen: .96 (+.12/level) - 3.12 @ 18
Range: 550

Attack: Medium
Defense: Low
Spells: Medium
Difficulty: High

Recommended items:
Chalice of Harmony
Mercury's Treads
3. The Brutalizer
4. Stark's Fervor
5. Glacial Shroud
6. Bloodthirster

Inherent Passive: Mirage

Revenant draws power from a nightmarish dimension; every spell he casts creates a mirage of himself. Mirages will mimic all of Revenants actions exactly, but deal no damage and take 300/250/200% damage. Every Mirage which exists at one time increases the dodge chance of Revenant and all of his Mirages by 4/6/8%. Max of 5 mirages.

Explanation:

Every action is mimed by all of your mirages at once; if you cast a spell, they'll all perform that spell on the intended target. If you acquire a buff or debuff (including all forms of CC), they'll all acquire that buff; similarly if any of your Mirages acquire a buff or debuff, you and your other Mirages will as well. If you move or attack something, they'll all move with you and acquire the same target. Mirages cannot be individually controlled and have no collision.

(Q) Hypnosis:

Revenant locks eyes with a target, putting them into a deep sleep; the target is completley disabled as long as Revenant maintains eye contact. Turning away from the target or being disabled yourself breaks eye contact. The target will be forced to face you when this ability is cast unless you are directly behind them.

Duration:
1/1.75/2.5/3.25/4 seconds
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Mana cost: 40/60/80/100/120
Range: 600

Explanation:

Kindof a weird ability. Cannot be used for escape, cannot be used against a fleeing target, difficult to use in a situation with more than one enemy, but potentially a powerful disable thanks to the long duration and brief cooldown; in a team fight it can allow you to lock down a target for focusing, as assuming you have a few illusions with you it may be difficult for the enemy team to single out the real caster.

(W) Manipulation:

Revenant manipulates an enemy champion, forcing it to mirror his movements until Revenant's control is broken either by being disabled or taking a certain amount of damage. If Revenant or one of his Mirages pass through the target, the enemy will be damaged. Cannot trigger off Revenant or the same Mirage more than once.

Duration: 1/1.75/2.5/3.25/4
Range: 900
Mana cost: 75/90/105/120/135
Cooldown: 12
Damage threshold: 80/140/200/260/320
Collision damage: 25/40/55/70/85 (+25% of AP) (Max: 150/240/330/420/510 (+150% of AP)

Explanation:

The enemy mirrors your movements; if you move North, they move South. Similarly, if you just use this ability to disable an enemy and attack them, they will attack you in return (but you can still attack other targets, in which case they will continue to move in the opposite direction of where you're facing, so if the target is North of you, they'll move South, etc.).

You lose collision to this enemy, and if you or a Mirage passes through an enemy, that enemy takes damage, for every version of yourself that passes through them; hence if all 5 mirages and yourself pass through, they'll take considerable damage; if only a few pass through, they'll take average damage; and if it's just you, they'll take very little.

(E) Doppleshift:

Immediately switches Revenant's existence with one of his Mirages; swapping location and remaining HP with the target. If cast when you have no Mirages under your control, this ability creates an additional Mirage.

Cooldown: 40/35/30/25/20
Mana cost: 200/175/150/125/100

Explanation:

Can be used as a pseudo-heal assuming your mirages aren't damaged, but the main perk is confusing and frustrating the hell out of your enemies; as soon as they pick out the right target and damage you a bit, you can swap with another one. Additionally can be used pre-fight to give you 2 quick mirages (one from the spell and one from your passive).

(R) Haunting:

Revenant calls forth every ounce of energy he can sustain from the nightmarish hell dimension he calls home; this burst of energy surges forth through all of his Mirages, granting them substance in this world.

Mirages' damage: 20/25/30% of Revenant's
Duration: 6/8/10
Mana cost: 200
Cooldown: 120/105/90

Explanation:

The ability that makes you scary (hence the name). Gives your Mirages a fraction of your damage output, basically turning you into a damage dealing monster.

Not much to say here. I may end up reworking Hypnosis (and Manipulation actually), because I'm not sure on the balance of either ability. I'm sure it's possible, and I like the uniqueness of these two situational controls (better than click button, guaranteed stun), but if I think of another equally unique and less difficult to conceptually balance concept for situational control I'll probably put it in.

And of course, balance comments are welcome as well as normal reviews, as long as you aren't just *****ing about numbers that will likely never be in the game.

Thanks to:
Nikorasu, for some insightful additions on Manipulation and how the Mirages themselves function.

TL;DR - he makes illusions and hypnotizes you.

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

12-22-2009

...epic spacing Oo uhm... also, I posted the thing that fulfills your title a couple days ago
the fact that at max level he has a grand total of 7 seconds of disables, with low cooldowns, might be a bit unfortunate though. I mean, he certainly seems interesting, but he has extremely strong connotations of phantom lancer. Yes, I know that the method for creating the illusions is different, but... yeahhhh. Also, I'm not really sure where you're going with him. R indicates to me that you want him to be a physical DPS, and E doesn't really avoid that, but then Q and W just sorta come out of nowhere. Also, Q is likely to be extremely prone to glitchy pathfinding, which nobody likes.

But, then again, I'm mostly just being overly crtical. He's very intersting, good ideas, not really that complicated to play (although I can't say that without trying him, he just... doesn't seem hard ) and seems validly obnoxious.

Drake O Dagger

12-22-2009

Interesting. Seems to be a DPS/CC champ. I really like this one, as the idea of the illusions just seems really cool. I'd so freak out from seeing an army of 6 enemies charging at me all casting spells. Unless you have an AoE you'll have no way of easily finding the enemy too, unless you watch what the minions attack. Might be a bit too easy to keep an army of mirages though. Really love all the abilities though. I'd do a comprehensive review, but there's really not much that needs commenting on, aside from saying its awesome. Great job.

Aknar

12-22-2009

the concept is very fun and original but the numbers are a bit too much,so 7 seconds of disable with low cd like lightstriker said is very "ouch",and having 2-5 illusions with you when an enemy starts poking you it is pretty OP as well.even with sword of the divine that 6 seconds of dodge penetration are not enough to inflict some serious damage,well it's true that a well playing yi,jax,trynd,etc. can make salami slices out of you but with that 7 seconds cc and with a smart team he/she won't even get close enough to you

overall is a fun champ to play,difficult to be good with,extremely hard to master and a bit too big numbers

SlyGoat

12-22-2009

I do agree that 7 seconds of CC is a lot, but consider;

His actual stun requires you to remain facing the champion and not be stunned yourself. It's long with a low cooldown because of this and the fact that it doesn't do damage. Morgana's dark binding, for example is almost as long and also does very high damage; but it is also a skillshot lending to some degree of situational use there.

His possession skill doesn't allow you to attack the champion while he's disabled; it creates a mirror image, which takes damage on its own rather than taking damage for the champion it replaces.

And yes, the intention is a DPS/support hybrid with a lot of controlling techniques as well as a relatively unique method of dealing damage. Unlike most DPS champions, he'd be tough to counter with CC, but instead would be easily counterable with AoE, as without his illusions he's squishy and has relatively low damage output due to having no steroid skills like Yi, Trynd and most other DPS.

Thanks for the feedback. And as for him not seeming difficult... maybe. It certainly looked like it'd be a fairly difficult champion to me; at least, for actually using his abilities in tandem, maintainin your stun/control of an enemy simultaneously while also managing when to swap with a clone.

Critical Error

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2009

Teams without any AoE, or actually, without massive AoE, would get rolled by this guy. Even taking 200% damage, that is still a few spells per image. Basically you hit the right one as a single target dps or you lose.

At most like 2 extra images, or you face the nightmare of a PL. Though Im glad there is no invis like PL.

If there are less images so he is balanced toward beign killable by single target dps then he might be fine. However, note that regardless of any implementaion, a team of havy AoE would wreck this guy almost always as he revolves around a gimmick (images), and mass AoE would destroy those images, hence he would be pretty weak.

SlyGoat

12-22-2009

It's a tradeoff.

The AoE would shut him down so he wouldn't be able to initiate a fight well, but can always come in a bit after; he could still toss around his control and play some mind games as he's likely to be focused first.

Similarly, one thing this hero would accomplish is making Tiamat useful. Buying Tiamat would be an easy counter to him for a physical DPS, as the splash from it will either kill off illusions, or more helpfully, expose which is the true hero because the illusions would be taking significantly more damage.

Nikorasu

12-22-2009

Awesome concept. Aside from numbers, I can't see anything that could go wrong with him. Tweak those 7 seconds of disable and I would pay for him. Hypnosis is quite original and despite the mentioned counter-synergy between the ultimate and disables, I think they work together just fine.

I have a suggestion though, and I would like you to seriously consider it.

I do see one problem with the champion, and it's how control and pathfinding is handled on mirages. The concept sounds good and pretty on paper, but its theoretical perfect symmetry gets broken when one mirage is stuck in a wall or against a crowd of minions, or gets stunned.

To counter that and make this guy more tactical, I propose the following changes:

Change 1: Mirages don't have unit collision at all (neither from units nor from terrain, they just follow your movement always).

Change 2: Mirages can't be stunned or disabled by any method. Instead, a disable mechanic will make them vanish.

Change 3: If you suffer a disable effect of any kind, all your Mirages are disabled the same way (this applies to AOE disables, countering Change 2. So, for example, if Malphite jumps on you with his ult, all your Mirages get stunned as well instead of vanishing, without destroying your strategy or discovering who you are. Their only way to discover who you are is direct damage or disables on you, which will be nicely countered by change 5.

Change 4: Make sure Mirages spawn in a nicely spread-out formation (like one body and a half away from each other). Will make sense on change 5.

Change 5: Doppleshift will redirect abilities that are currently on their way to you or any of your Mirages, so they will hit the new swapped target instead. (This gives Doppleshift an extra use: avoiding stuff, and confusing enemies even more). The already high mana cost and cooldown makes sure this isn't a mechanic you can easily abuse, and it becomes good for counter-attacking when a nuke is coming towards you. Change 4 is to make this strategy viable since you could tell right away which unit is the nuke coming to (and it doesn't feel so crowded).

Change 4 and 5 are completely optional and just random ideas I had, but I think the first 3 would make it technologically viable while keeping the "looks" alright, and not just a mess of broken pathfinding / stunned illusions trying and failing to cast at once .

Ce05

12-22-2009

im surprised that noone until now mentioned the w ability i dont know if its indented or even possible but he can overtake blitz for example and just uses his ultimate?

4 vs 5 (since Revenant will be occupied) and a 400dmg aoe instant within the enemy team?
sound really hard to me

also all his cds seem really low, but i have to admid that i would like to try this guy out since he seems extremly hard to kill and has some new fresh abilitys.

edit: i thought about of another nice way to use w at the laining phase picking the opponent you want and while controling him run towards your turret he will get replaced and be shot to death with level 1

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2009

You cannot beat the Invoker!!! FACT