Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Compendium of Map Specific Champion Balance: Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaWraith

04-14-2014

Quote:
Flore:
I assumed this was just because it's the size of the point, and you can't see the line well?

No, it's an actual glitch where the circle does not appear. Basically pantheon can drop on your face with no warning.

mister4tune

04-15-2014

Man! I was wondering if they'd ever spot the hidden dominion op "Teemo" (no pun intended).

Mirkwoodia

Recruiter

04-19-2014

Quote:
Flore:
I assumed this was just because it's the size of the point, and you can't see the line well?

Panths ult is decently bigger than the point

ChampionPL

Recruiter

04-21-2014

xD

Flore

Recruiter

04-29-2014

Any word on Thresh changes?

Also, I've seen panth ult a bit more now, I can see the circle forming, but then it often just disappears upon reaching max size, which really kinda a drag to have to guess just how far and fast I need to run.

SylianEUW

06-05-2014

So, when a champion gets suficiently nerf, some of the map-specific nerfs will be reverted, right? It's probably a good idea to do so, and you did after Kha'Zix and Kassadin got nerfed, and you most likely will for Nidalee as well (as in, removing the map-specific nerfs by not adding new once the new stats override the old stats).

Let's look at champions that have gotten nerfed since the map-specific balancing was added, shall we?

Kassadin: He got a major rework, and some major nerfs from that. Some of the map-specific nerfs were reverted, although he still has some. Kassadin is pretty strong still. The range nerf is there to prevent him from jumping over every wall, right? And the CDR nerf is there to avoid tank-Kassadin having too much mobility. Hmm. Let's wait and see how he'll turn out, I'm worried that reverting the nerfs would push him over the top again. Though probably not, actually.

Kayle: Since the map-specific nerfs to her ultimate CD, her Q got a major AP ratio nerf (from 1.0 to 0.6), her W got a small buff, and Kayle's E might get a range nerf from 400 to 350. If the range nerf goes though, the map-specific nerfs should probably be reverted, and we'll see where she goes from there. Even if they don't go through, I'd consider lessening them a bit. At the moment, Kayle is barely ever played (in high elo EUW), and she doesn't seem to be gamebreakingly overpowered.

Kha'Zix: Got his nerfs reverted, and he's still a beast.

Lulu: Since getting hit by the map-specific nerf hammer, Lulu has received some major nerfs. Her offensive E AP ratio got reduced to 0.4 from 0.6, and the base damage got massivly gutted. At max rank, it deals 200 damage with an 0.4 AP ratio instead of 290 damage with an 0.6 AP ratio. Furthermore, the duration of her offensive E is only 4 seconds, instead of 6 seconds, which severely limits her ability to Q twice, and it limits her against stealth champions. Shielding minions will no longer give them a shield, which is a small nerf.

Another significant nerf was the nerf to Blackfire Torch. I long said that one of the main reasons Lulu was OP because Blackfire Torch was OP. Turns out I was right. With the Blackfire Torch nerf, alongside with the offensive E nerf, Lulu has fallen to the top of tier 2. I've seen many people who consider Janna stronger than Lulu now, and Nami is probably around the same level as Lulu.

So... Map-specific nerfs for Lulu should be removed. She is now longer a top 10 champion, perhaps not even a top 15 champion. Her damage potential is much lower, which makes her much weaker than before. Kha'Zix is still a really powerful champion, probably top tier still, and his map-specific nerfs were reverted, so it makes sense for Lulu's to be too. Kassadin is stronger than Lulu as well.

And that's it. Teemo got an indirect nerf with the Twin Shadows nerf, and a direct nerf to his mushroom damage, but Teemo was never nerfed because he was OP, he was nerfed because 10 minute duration for his ultimate on a small map like Dominion was ridiculous. You could revert the nerfs if you wanted, Twin Shadows deals with mushrooms quite well anyway, so I don't think it'd make him all that much stronger.

SylianEUW

06-22-2014

The map specific nerfs for Nidalee and Kha'Zix have been removed due to global changes, and should be removed from the list.

BRutetank

07-08-2014

I miss the days of the Dominion hype.