Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Compendium of Map Specific Champion Balance: Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NamKim

10-07-2013

Quote:
Nexus Crawler:
Suboverlord since he's the witchking of all 3 "submaps"?

That just makes me think of SubQT flirting with ManWolfAxeBoss...which isn't a bad thing by any means...I'm more jealous than anything else...

Nexus Crawler

10-08-2013

Quote:
NamKim:
That just makes me think of SubQT flirting with ManWolfAxeBoss...which isn't a bad thing by any means...I'm more jealous than anything else...

But you're always jealous Nam you should be used to it by now.

Nerdock

10-10-2013

Just heard that the healing debuff is getting removed entirely. If it isnt changed to -Lifesteal aura, the game will shift in the favor of bruisers and ADC's JUST like when BC was more broken with its passives.

MWAB, PLEASE don't remove it entirely, mages already have a poor item setup and dont need further losses. *Most* mages don't work well with spellvamp as it stands already, but indirectly amping up lifesteal when its already so strong (the buff to sanguine's cost being only one thing, bork being another) is flat out a balance concern to me.

Carries just got 800g closer to one of the stats that is so easily achievable and requires no thought process to execute that this will horribly imbalance the scales to bruisers and physical damage carries.

PLEASE reconsider the full removal to a partial Lifesteal nerf.

If this does happen, it will literally put me into a vehicle and drive me away from this game mode, which I dont want.

wolferer

10-10-2013

At the very least lifesteal values on lantern and sanguine need to be re-evaluated.

It'll be very interesting to see how this change impacts bottom lane.

I do think that finding a way to remove the healing reduction aura is an important change, though. It really messes with expectations of people who come from SR.

Nexus Crawler

10-11-2013

Quote:
wolferer:
At the very least lifesteal values on lantern and sanguine need to be re-evaluated.

It'll be very interesting to see how this change impacts bottom lane.

I do think that finding a way to remove the healing reduction aura is an important change, though. It really messes with expectations of people who come from SR.

This.

It also really hurts the early game of even some sustain mages like Vlad which discourages some additional play varieties and tactics.

Personally I like the change but getting an extra 2% LS per 10% isn't going to impact things that much, especially since Sanguine's passive extra LS doesn't stack like BT's. Grez, and Lantern are getting changes that are going to make them even less popular. Basically it'll give "significantly" more early game lifesteal (and by that I mean you might actually notice the LS if you aren't specifically looking for it) and a relatively smaller amount late game.

I'll also note here, that generally you aren't standing around attacking minions unless you're bot laning. It will however give more incentive to quickly tap a few minions for some HP which may lead to more instances of catching people out.

On a side note I'm personally curious how this will effect builds. LS vs Pen and it's impact on whether stacking Armor might actually be effective now, which would reduce damage, and lifesteal gains against you.

SqueakyReaper

10-11-2013

It's going to make dealing with Mordekaiser and Trundle really difficult. I'd really like to see an improved Morellonomicon or Executioner's Calling for counter building, as though these items are really... lofty, most of the time. Alternatively, we have to take Ignite a lot, which is less useful than Exhaust atm.

emTmyclipin2u

10-21-2013

So, question for you MWAB, what's going to happen to dominion Kassadin with the upcoming changes to him on SR? Obviously he's going to still be stronger in dominion like he always has, but these changes that are upcoming in combination with the current nerfs on dominion could likely kill him completely, which, while some may not agree with me here, he doesn't deserve.

Also, with the healing changes I have some opinions on what they may mean for things.

Champions to watch for balance:
Yorick: he's already had to be nerfed for his harass and dominance in lane, and that was just because the mana regen aura removed what held him back in SR. Now his sustain functions at 100%, he probably will pull back to where he was pre-nerfs.

Warwick: same problems as Yorick, his innate sustain is gated by mana, and he isn't so reliant on it that he was weak before that. His high map mobility and his efficiency with the strongest items on the map kept him in the middle of the pack, now that he is allowed to be at 100% he could become at the front.

Nidalee: once again, she already needed nerfs before this, now her heal is at 100%. The general pattern of this is champions who were strong before when part of them was weak.

Sona: Top tier support with a heal. Already teetering at the edge of the overtly strong cliff, this may push her over it.

Champions who will become stronger from this, becoming more common at higher levels:

Mundo: The one health based champion who was able to be midline in a healing reduced world. Now that he is no longer held back by his ult being nerfed, expect him to start showing up in tourneys.

Zac: As this champion was balanced around constant healing from his blobs, he was weak in the Scar due to the fact that he was only able to function at 80%. Now a long distance initiating tank with ridiculous utility can take the gloves off.

Akali: an assassin whose form of survival is through spell vamp and stealth. She has problems with her stealth still due to the prevalence of true sight items, which also took a hit, but at least now she can heal out a bit better. She also follows the pattern most strong champions do of having a weak early game which is almost negligible in Dominion.

Olaf: already good, but had innate healing reduced. However, the healing is not so core to him that it will push him over the top.

All lifesteal based ad carries: The entire class took a buff.

Champions out of the trash tier thanks to this:

Aatrox: Like Zach, his healing held him back. Unlike Zach, he was so reliant on it that it came closer to making him at 60% power. He still will have moderate problems due to the fact that a lot of his strength is in 1v1 situations, but at least you won't get written off as a troll for picking him.

Gangplank: His only form of sustain was nerfed due to the aura. Add in the fact that he wasn't in a very good place to begin with, and you can understand why he was the third worst champion for Dominion. This still doesn't put him much higher in the list, due to the fact that he avoids teamfights and is weak against burst mages, but now he may make a viable bot lane from his harass and global presence.

Nasus: still fairly weak due to his need to farm his q, but at least has some lifesteal now for help.

Sion: still needs more farm than he can get, but his ult's healing being full helps.

Champions that still need help:

Thresh: He needs souls for armor since he doesn't have any per level. Even his troll build, ad thresh, is weak due to the high ad items needing to build up over attacks where thresh frontloads his first, and pen being the best items, where thresh does mixed damage. He needs some way to offset the lack of souls, be it he gets more out of them or he has some way to get them.

Viegar: Has to farm his q, which can't really be done. This combined with the fact that most builds are tanky and dominion ap values are just plain lower makes him very underwhelming.

Koravel

10-22-2013

Quote:
emTmyclipin2u:

Mundo: The one health based champion who was able to be midline in a healing reduced world. Now that he is no longer held back by his ult being nerfed, expect him to start showing up in tourneys.

The Dominion aura did not affect Mundo's ult. Mundo may become more common because people think he's got increased healing, but they would be wrong. The aura does not affect regen effects.

stormfallen

10-22-2013

I've never completely figured out what was holding Mundo back on Dom. I assume the lack of heavy-HP itemization has something to do with it, but with how strong Visage is right now, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Nexus Crawler

10-23-2013

Quote:
stormfallen:
I've never completely figured out what was holding Mundo back on Dom. I assume the lack of heavy-HP itemization has something to do with it, but with how strong Visage is right now, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Mostly he's just unpopular and people have the misconceived notion his passive and ult are effected by the dominion aura. He can be quite strong building pen and chucking cleavers while he soaks up damage.