Does this sound like a good idea to you?

Yes 43 72.88%
No 16 27.12%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

[IDEA] Soraka's W heal increases based on missing health

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yousonerfed

10-01-2013

Riot wants Soraka's heal to be used in clutch situations, right? Why not have it increase by 1% per 1% of missing health?

Obviously some numbers might need to be tweaked, but it would allow Riot to make Astral Blessing actually uber-strong IF you use it on a nearly-dead ally.

Why do this? Because right now, Nidalee's heal eclipses Soraka's, even with that whole "different Champions" cr*p argument. Soraka needs a bit more power, but in the right way. Having her heal scale off missing health would be the right way to give her more power, IMO, without improving lane sustain.

Vote above if you think this is a good idea.

EDIT: Post from Meddler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Yeah, been idling thinking about something similar as a way to reward active, skilled play and avoid passive, unhealthy sustain, agree there's a lot of potential there. Whether Soraka's the appropriate choice for that mechanic not yet sure (been thinking about supports in general a bit while we look at Season 4 associated changes). Something I'd be inclined to explore if taking a look at Soraka changes at some point though, and not necessarily just on the W.

KrogothS

10-01-2013

You can not make soraka's heal viable with out making her OP. The community also doesn't want her changed from her arch type, sorry buddy she is staying gimpped.

Blue Kaozi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2013

The problem is that riot does not like soraka's style of gameplay. Her job is to punish plays without having a way to make plays herself. It makes competitive fights more boring to watch. While I like the buff, I dont think it will go through because of this core problem.

Yousonerfed

10-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrogothS View Post
You can not make soraka's heal viable with out making her OP. The community also doesn't want her changed from her arch type, sorry buddy she is staying gimpped.
Then LET IT be overpowered!

Riot's just a hater when it comes to having a White Mage in League.

Khristophoros

The Council

10-01-2013

They don't appreciate Soraka's good qualities like her baiting potential and lane harass. Literally all they have to do is reduce her sustain and buff her impact in combat.

KrogothS

10-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousogreat View Post
Then LET IT be overpowered!

Riot's just a hater when it comes to having a White Mage in League.
No, don't let it be. Playing 45 minitue 2 v 2 matches becaues I am an unkillable disc priest and buddy is an unkillable druid is just not fun, let's not bring that into LoL.

FabulousJeremy

10-01-2013

They'd likely nerf the base heal to compensate, but I think the clutch heal idea is pretty cool.

Yousonerfed

10-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrogothS View Post
No, don't let it be. Playing 45 minitue 2 v 2 matches becaues I am an unkillable disc priest and buddy is an unkillable druid is just not fun, let's not bring that into LoL.
And yet in my last Nidalee game, Riot was PERFECTLY FINE with letting me heal 600 health to allies EVERY 6 SECONDS.

Brilliant logic, Riot. BRILLIANT.

Tauros113

10-01-2013

That would be a nice touch, but it still wouldn't change her "heal heal heal" playstyle, and that's the problem. Unfortunately, Soraka's in a tough spot because people want to get rid of what makes her Soraka, and her mains would hate that. So no matter what, one side is going to be angry.

Yousonerfed

10-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousJeremy View Post
They'd likely nerf the base heal to compensate, but I think the clutch heal idea is pretty cool.
I'd be fine with that. It'd make her heal a much better "clutch play" skill and make it cr*p for sustain due to cost inefficiency if your ally isn't wounded.