Let's talk about Rocket Grab.

12345612 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I8C SRS FACE

12-22-2009

I actually find laning against Blitzcrank to be a lot of fun because I have to actually pay attention to creeps and what-not. Also, I play Dr. Mundo a lot so I get a rush when I'm able to successfully cleaver a Blitz and avoid their rocket grab. I'm a master of bush-diving.

I didn't intend that last line to sound sexual.

Honestly, the only person with a skillshot I "obsess" about avoiding is Dr. Mundo, because it's so spammable.

Ressa

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by br0kn View Post
Rocket grab also has a much shorter range than MOST other shots in game. Granted, Anivia is on the very short stick of it, but...

Have you been hit by an AP Nidilee spear lately? 1/2 your health with NO threat to anyone. Again. Get some move speed, learn to stay behind things... Temmo's shrooms are great if you have one, and learn not to stand still.

90% of the time when I get hit by a S-shot, I shouldn't have been there.
Under your example, it's doing 50% not 100%. Also it requires ranks and has a slower projectile speed.

I don't know what to tell you otherwise, It is NOT hard to wait until someone commits to a path or action before you use a skillshot. It will then hit them.

Ressa

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarwooD View Post
i have a question about compenstation a. how exactly would he dragg anything through anything else hostile? i maen if any thing else was in the way it woulda got grabbed not the intended target.

also rocket grab is totally not spammable until much later it cost a ton of mana and has long cool down and if he whiffs it he is just stuck in place until it connects with something or goes full range. (basically inflicting a 1+ second stun on him self)

it also doesnt drag through tree line (like pudges meat hook did) so he cant really hide behind the trees and get you with it eaither.

also you can abuse his innate ability by kiting him over creeps with range heroes or range nukes triggering his (in my opinion) worthless innate and sapping 50%+ of his mana away.

i do like compensation c i hope they bring back the silence on his ultimate activation.
It does drag through trees, actually.

Rocket Grab has a small collision, when it would grab and start dragging backward, make the damaging projectile a larger collision. You can also move while dragging, even now.

also double post.

I8C SRS FACE

12-22-2009

Rocket Grab only grabs through trees if there's enough room for the enemy hero to be standing in between Blitz and the trees, else they will stay on the other side of it. It's extremely hard to effectively grab someone through trees. Possible, but difficult.

boni

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhoc View Post
.. Dodging skill shots is not fun?

Honestly my favorite games are when I'm against morgana/blitz/mundo/CM etc because I constantly have to be on guard, and it's not just a pace-pace-pace -> last hit -> repeat.

PS: his ult isn't bad at all.
It's even more fun to taunt them into using their skillshots when you're playing Sivir. Free mana anyone?

br0kn

12-22-2009

Rocket Grab has one of the largest, if not THE largest collision boxes.

If you got grabbed. There wasn't anything around, or the Blitz was just flat out better than you.

Lil Sissy

12-22-2009

I play Blitz a lot and I can tell you it is tough to land the grab against smart players. Like you said, all you gotta do is stand by the creeps. And it sounds like you play a ranged hero, so it's not like you can't farm easily enough while you still stand behind creeps.

There are so many ways to get out of it, too. If you cleanse right before the grab gets to you, you don't get pulled. You can use flash to get away once you get grabbed. Some people are so quick with flash that I can't stun them before they blink away. And this doesn't even include heroes like Sivir who have a spell to get out of grab.

Do you know how hard it is to grab a moving target? With creeps? There's a reason Pudge was never top tier in DOTA. Even though there were plenty of pro Pudge players, there were many more pros that knew how to hide behind creeps and how to not stand around. It's a pretty easy counter to Blitz if you ask me.

IMO, grab is fine. Learn to play.

QonnectioN

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ressa View Post
Hi, Riot.

Tell me, have you ever played a match against someone playing the lovely hero we all know as Blitzcrank? I don't think you have. Because it's the most annoying, frustrating, boring thing in the world to be anywhere near blitzcrank.
Stop reading around here, go QQ somewhere else

Ressa

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Sissy View Post
I play Blitz a lot and I can tell you it is tough to land the grab against smart players. Like you said, all you gotta do is stand by the creeps. And it sounds like you play a ranged hero, so it's not like you can't farm easily enough while you still stand behind creeps.

There are so many ways to get out of it, too. If you cleanse right before the grab gets to you, you don't get pulled. You can use flash to get away once you get grabbed. Some people are so quick with flash that I can't stun them before they blink away. And this doesn't even include heroes like Sivir who have a spell to get out of grab.

Do you know how hard it is to grab a moving target? With creeps? There's a reason Pudge was never top tier in DOTA. Even though there were plenty of pro Pudge players, there were many more pros that knew how to hide behind creeps and how to not stand around. It's a pretty easy counter to Blitz if you ask me.

IMO, grab is fine. Learn to play.
That was the old Cleanse, the new one does not prevent grabbing.

You are acting as if the Blitzcrank player's skill does not enter into play here. I don't know what to tell you, if the person playing Blitz is waiting for commits or just simply leading his shots then he will hit people.

karode

Recruiter

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ressa View Post
That was the old Cleanse, the new one does not prevent grabbing.

You are acting as if the Blitzcrank player's skill does not enter into play here. I don't know what to tell you, if the person playing Blitz is waiting for commits or just simply leading his shots then he will hit people.
If you don't know how to not get grabbed get Banshee's Veil.

12345612 ... 22