Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Random high ping and disconnects

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

friedrice7

09-30-2013

Hello!

I'm trying to find out if this is just me or a Riot server issue. Been playing since early beta and outside of the times Riot had known issues, my connection is solid. My ping is typically 30-50, and ZERO disconnects.

In the past couple weeks especially, my lowest pings are typically around 85, but average is about 100. There's a noticeable delay in doing actions, and worst of all, I've been getting random disconnects. Sometimes I just lag out for a second and I'm find, other times I get the "Reconnecting" box.

This issue may have been going on longer than last couple weeks, but that's when I really took notice. No other issues with any other games, although only other multi player game I play much of is Quake live. I've also noticed a larger number of other people disconnecting during games, so makes me think I'm not alone.

Any insights on how I can test this out? I'm hardwired in, so WiFi isn't an issue.

lee is god

09-30-2013

riot can you fix this, cant play league anymore its ****ing dumb.

Freakohh

12-15-2013

my connection is normally stable like other games, but when it comes to LoL when the ranked or normal game starts after few mins my ping goes up and stucks at 500 ping and attemting to reconnect and d/c. pls fix this

Mawnstroe

12-15-2013

Same here, have low pings EXCEPT since this patch. Riot, please figure your tech out and right quick. What "professional sport" would put out such shoddy craftsmanship? Laughable. Fix it.

Lubbock

12-15-2013

I also keep getting random ping spikes and get kicked out of the game all together.

worldablaise

12-15-2013

Same here. It also happens when i go into draft pick. The client starts lagging and I can't see what champs are picked or banned. This usually makes me have to miss picking my champ. I can still talk to the people in the lobby though.

Verrul Daenyr

12-15-2013

I have the same issues game starts out okay, but then pausess frequentlty. the need to fix this ****. Seen it happen to me and whole team is like yeah right next game it happens to someone else.

poe1075

12-15-2013

same issue here

iWillAmazeYou

12-15-2013

same issues

Sheng Lai

10-03-2014

Same issue here. My ping has never been stellar (average of 110) but it rarely goes beyond that. Recently, though, my ping randomly spikes to over 1000, the reconnect box appears. While it's "attempting to reconnect," my ping stays at 500 without changing, and I can't reconnect to the game no longer how long I wait. Manually exiting the game and reconnecting doesn't help, as the exact same thing happens again after a short time once I've reconnected. It's definitely not a problem on my end, though.