Going from LoL to DotA, anything I should know?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reep

12-21-2009

Don't get me wrong, I love LoL, its just that my friend wants me to play DotA with him for the week he's in town.

In the event I were coming from DotA to LoL, I'd like to know to:

"Teams with at least 1 Smite and 1 Rally are likely to attempt to kill the dragon, a nuetral creep in the forest that gives universal gold and exp"
"Evelynn and Twitch are the Stealthers, they will relentlessy butcher your team if fed, Twitch being much more popular. This is fixed by Vision Wards and Oracle Elixirs."
"Heimer absolutely sucks, if you see him in the Champion select, write down the Summoners name, put it in the non existant blacklist, and close the client."

etc

What about the other way around, for those of you who have played both DotA and LoL?

Karrot

12-21-2009

You can last-hit your own minions and towers in order to deny your enemy gold and experience.

GodwinGrech

12-21-2009

and your teammates when doombringer ults :P

Westside Connect

Banned

12-21-2009

There are for more ass hats in DotA, be prepared.

Espon

12-21-2009

My advice: Ignore chat. People tend to really flip out if you do something wrong in DotA.

The store is harder to figure out what goes with what. There's a lot more champions you gotta learn about compared to LoL. Your champion likes to walk towards the nearest enemy unless you tell him to hold position. etc

JigglyThePuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2009

If you don't memorize the entire item list and how to build the good stuff, expect to be useless as you spend half the game trying to figure out what items build what you want and what shops they're on.

Aqueel

12-21-2009

If you backdoor, no one will ever play with you again.

So don't backdoor in Dota.

Westside Connect

Banned

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqueel View Post
If you backdoor, no one will ever play with you again.

So don't backdoor in Dota.
Sounds like DotA is populated with heavy QQers

JigglyThePuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2009

Expect casters to be worthless end game except for any extra effects tacked onto their abilities.

DotA has no AP equivalent so casters have nothing to scale from.

Westside Connect

Banned

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigglyThePuff View Post
Expect casters to be worthless end game except for any extra effects tacked onto their abilities.

DotA has no AP equivalent so casters have nothing to scale from.
Yeah I played a couple games of HoN and made the mistake of choosing casters. I was like where the hell is the +magic items, it's all +damage.

12345 ... 8