Surrendering, should go to a majority vote

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Napp Sleepp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2010

I didn't find a good feedback topic category for this so I just put it here.

I don't think that it makes sense for surrendering to be able to be vetoed by a minority of the team. If most of the team wants to surrender I don't see why that shouldn't happen.

One thing I could understand is having a laddered system. Where before 25 min there must be a unanimous vote to surrender. (Yes I think surrendering before the 25 min should be an option as well). Then after 25 min you need a 4 to 1 vote, and after say 40 or more min a simple 3 to 2 majority should suffice. This could be too complicated for your current system and I feel that simply letting surrendering going to a 3 to 2 majority vote would be sufficient.

I think this would make people over all less frustrated in games and improve the community.

LeppeRMessiaH

Recruiter

12-12-2010

Agreed

Morishmael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2010

I disagree. I have plenty of comebacks. I've had people say 'we lose' then quit, or start feeding, or want to surrender, when we've lost 2 turrets and a single team fight or 2. 60% and 40% aren't that far apart and why should 40% of the team not be enough to veto? Yeah, 60% is over half of the team, but not by much. 4 to 1 means that one guy holding out isn't gonna keep you from being able to wave the white flag, but 3 to 2 is borderline.

I have plenty of matches where I unintentionally feed a little bit, or just in general do horrible the first half of the game, then the last half I dominate the other team in anything less than 4v1. Some people do better late game, some builds do better late game. (My veigar build takes a good 15-20 min to get any +ap items, and it works just fine.)

I had one match where it was back and forth and my team was pushing little by little all match, we made some bad decisions, got aced, they walked through an inner turret, inhibitor turret, both headquarters turrets, and had our headquarters half dead before the first of us respawned. The other team even tried to surrender once before the ace. What was the ratio? 3-2. Surrender unsuccessful, then they proceeded to steamroll our defenses after a lucky ace.

Leaving in the first 25 is just plain stupid. If you have 2+ leavers, understandable. But unless you have leavers, or deliberate feeders, there is NEVER an excuse to leave in the first 25 minutes of a match because you just don't know how the match will play out yet.

To boil my whole argument down, some people(and I seem to be looking at people like you) are WAY too willing to quit if it doesn't look like an easy steamroll victory. 'It doesn't look like a 35 min match, surrender so I can go find an easier, quicker win.' Comebacks happen, and in my experience happen quite often. If 2 people out of 5 want to push through getting steamrolled for another 10 or so minutes in the hopes of turning it around, I think that's a large enough percentage that they should be given that chance. If it takes any longer than 10 minutes for ur team to lose, then you weren't losing badly enough to surrender anyway.

Apocalipx

12-13-2010

Majority should still rule plain and simple.. 3-2 should constitute a surrender