Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jinx, the Loose Cannon - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

09-26-2013

Greetings PBE Summoners,
Super excited to get champ #116 out and available for testing on the PBE.

At this point Jinx needs no introduction. She's scrawny, she's smiling, and she's out to wreak havoc on the Fields of Justice.

Jinx is all about employing her arsenal of weapons to play a constant game of "Catch me if you can," with the enemy team. She uses the massive range on her rockets and shock pistol to throw out damage and CC from the relative safety of a fight's outskirts, waiting for a perfect window (or kill) to run in and unload with her minigun. Careful though, Jinx has no on-demand mobility and her CC is somewhat unreliable. Zap! has a cast time and the flame chompers take a bit to arm so if you get too close to that enemy Vi before the time is right you might just find yourself getting your face punched in. Play the game well however and you'll be racking in the penta-kills as you run down your hapless opponents one by one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have X major things I'm looking for feedback on:

A) What are the high moments and frustrations you experience playing as or against Jinx?
- Is this a champion you enjoy playing? Is this a champion that you are okay having on the opposing team? What aspects of her are frustrating? What aspects are really cool?

B) Is Jinx someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
-Assuming she eventually hits a "balanced" state, when you see someone on your team pick her are you going to feel good about it? Why or why not?

C) Rockets vs. Minigun. Do you feel they're both worth using?
-Do you feel that both guns have clear moments in game where they seem useful and make you want to switch to them? Why or why not?

If you have any feedback that doesn't fall under one of the above topics I'd still love to hear it, be it gameplay, art, or otherwise. Will pass it all along to the respective parties.

If you find a bug don't post it here!
There's another thread for that: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3898302

PS - Jinx fun facts
Rocket splash can crit but doesn't apply on-hits in the AoE
PowPow's attack speed buff will only benefit Jinx's first attack after switching to rockets.
When using Jinx's skin it is mandatory to yell "CORKED 'EM" whenever you hit a W.
/L
Hurricane

Solari Brigadier

09-26-2013

I'm curious as to why Jinx appears more tan than her splash art shows? Have yet to play her, but her kit sounds awesome.

22harp22

09-26-2013

One of the main things I've noticed is how jarring the difference between her teasers and her splashes is compared to how she looks in game. Like it's apparent it's the same character, but her in game model isn't nearly as pale as she's made out to be from the wanted poster and her splash. Not to mention her red eyes are nowhere to be found either.

EDIT:

After playing:

She seems like an adc that would be played if you need a duelist bot lane that can contribute some good AoE damage late game, sort of like if you wanted a vayne but also needed AoE for teamfights. Her passive makes her a beast in bot to either catch up or get away from any situation that goes in her favor, which is pretty cool for an adc.

She seems to be quite interesting in terms of rockets vs. minigun, where it seems very rare that rockets would give that much of an advantage. Maybe for the first few seconds she gets a little extra range to make it more attractive to switch to?

Boyahda

09-26-2013

The art for her mafia skin is wonderful but the in-game model fails to deliver in my opinion. It just seems rather bland.

SnowFall

09-26-2013

Have you considered changing the in-game model to look more like her splash art?

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

09-26-2013

As the live guy I would like to add one point of importance.

I highly encourage you to try her out/ play against her in the PBE before you post feedback.

Jinx has a great deal of checks built into the kit that are not visible when you just read the skill descriptions, your feedback will be much more valuable if it comes from firsthand experience.
(which is true for all characters, but is to a greater degree for Jinx)

HarlequinReaper

Recruiter

09-26-2013

@gypsylord O_o can you get a side by side photo of Jinx's splash art with Vi's? I noticed they are the same and a before/after type thing.

HarlequinReaper

Recruiter

09-26-2013

@Solcrushed > I accept I wont play her for a long while (usually alot of insta locks) but I WILL test her might against my bests!

Vivi R66

09-26-2013

I dont like how the art is amazing but the skin kinda looses the feel, the amazing crazy smile and darker feel of colors + pale skin >.<

Tortferngatr

09-26-2013

From another thread gypsylord posted in:

Quote:
Tortferngatr:
Hijacking to ask a few Dominion Jinx questions: Does her passive proc on Dominion tower channel/tower assist [please let it do this pleasepleaseplease]? Does it proc on Dominion tower neutralize?

It seems like she would be a LOT less fun to play on Dominion if she didn't have access to part of her signature gimmick on the Crystal Scar.

Also, if her voice actor is still available: can she get special voiceovers on using summoner spells Garrison [Enemy point], Garrison [Ally point], and Revive? (and just in case, can she please NOT make a "it's fast and fun" joke (except maybe against Vi) if she's on the Crystal Scar?)

Jinx looks really cool and awesome to play, and I love the idea of a speed boost on destroying something--I just want that same fun to extend to the Crystal Scar.

Also, an argument I found too exaggerated to be worth taking at face value but with a small grain of possible truth that made me want to bring it to your attention. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3898017)

I'm sorry, but I can't play with Jinx now. Need to bedtime.