My statistics of duos in ranked on my team via lolnexus w/ excel to keep track

1234511 ... 27
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Steven Mcburn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2013

Based on this season of keeping track and always suspecting duo's cost me more games than they won, I've got to say my hunch was always right.

I was originally going to come and cry about how I got a gold III pairing in a game where the enemy team's duo was a plat V and a gold II, but I realized you guys would just say, "it's one game" and "MMR bro, mmr."

I suspect riot uses duo's to bring down your winrate. The evidence that follows is based on my 1256 matches so far this season, and using lolnexus to check out to see who's duo and who's not in solo/duo ranked.

The point:
Anyway, I've kept track of all the games I could since lolnexus came out in terms of duos on my team and duos on the enemy team.

Currently, I'm 636 wins and 620 losses.

Out of these 636 wins and 620 losses, I've played in games with no duo on either team a total of 595 times. In these games I've got 338 wins and 247 losses. That's a 58% winrate.

Also out of these games, I've played in games with a duo on my team and none on the enemy team 137 times. I've won 42 of those, and lost 105 of them. That's a whopping 31% winrate.

Also, I've played in a game with a duo on the enemy team but not on mine 143 times. I've won 80 of those games and lost 63 of them. 56% winrate.

And lastly I've played in games with a duo on both teams 381 times winning 176 of these games and losing 205 of these. That's a 47% winrate.

So, does this mean I'm the most unlucky person ever, or can we just have an option to not be in games with duos? I can't imagine anything more frustrating than being placed in the same ****-fest situation over and over and over again. I mean, either way if I have a duo on my team I only win 42% of my ranked matches where a duo is on my team at all, meanwhile in completely solo queue with no duos in a game I win 60%? Is this a method of creating artificial elo hell?

I propose you make a duo/trio queue next season for people who don't want to play 5's but what to queue up in ranked with their friends. Yeah, matchmaking might take a long time to find them games, but that should be the price they pay to do it. I get that not all duo's are bad and I'm probably just jaded based on my experience this season, but I'm really tired of it riot. 3 Seasons and I'm pretty sure I've fallen short of my ranking every season because when I get close I get these duo's on my team that just drag me down.

TL;DR

Should read, should start keeping track yourself too.

edit:
Someone brought up a good point, so before you post it again here's my explanation for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mcburn View Post
I didn't actually look at the lolnexus results before playing, I just searched and alt tabbed back. I didn't see if I had duos or who was duo until after the game. I generally assume everyone I play with is at least as good as me or better, and wait until in game to decide if I have to make plays to specifically make them better than they are and win games.

Spacecrusher

09-26-2013

I don't believe you

Steven Mcburn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecrusher View Post
I don't believe you
I could care less, I'm not good enough at math to figure out how many wins/losses/total games each category would've had.

That's why I used excel.

I'd suggest trying to keep track yourself from now on and you'll see a trend. I might just be insanely unlucky in the duo's i get on my team, who knows, but I doubt it.

Opened

09-26-2013

Duo queues auto start at a higher MMR than solo queues so it is generally someone at lower elo that is in the duo... Doesnt mean duos are all bad just means some of them belong at their elo.

Spacecrusher

09-26-2013

Quote:
I could care less
You mean you couldn't care less?

Saying you could care less kinda implies that you care about it at least somewhat, because if you cared none at all it would be literally impossible to care less.

BrightNooblar

09-26-2013

Quote:
Out of these 636 wins and 620 losses, I've played in games with no duo on either team a total of 595 times. In these games I've got 348 wins and 247 losses. That's a 59% winrate.

Also out of these games, I've played in games with a duo on my team and none on the enemy team 137 times. I've won 42 of those, and lost 105 of them. That's a whopping 31% winrate.

Also, I've played in a game with a duo on the enemy team but not on mine 143 times. I've won 70 of those games and lost 63 of them. 57% winrate.

And lastly I've played in games with a duo on both teams 381 times winning 176 of these games and losing 205 of these. That's a 47% winrate.
Especially the last one, makes me think you've got a bias effecting your data. If you lose more often when BOTH teams have a duo, i'd start wondering if you simply assume you're going to lose, and then it effects your play.

What you need to do, is take a random sampling. Once you finish a match, look up the next game of your four allies, and of the four enemies who took roles other than yours (ie; if you supported, don't look up the enemy support, etc) Track those sets of more random, more balanced, more blind data, then tell us what you find.

Steven Mcburn

09-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecrusher View Post
You mean you couldn't care less?

Saying you could care less kinda implies that you care about it at least somewhat, because if you cared none at all it would be literally impossible to care less.

I also went on to defend my point, so I obviously cared a bit

Steven Mcburn

09-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightNooblar View Post
Especially the last one, makes me think you've got a bias effecting your data. If you lose more often when BOTH teams have a duo, i'd start wondering if you simply assume you're going to lose, and then it effects your play.

What you need to do, is take a random sampling. Once you finish a match, look up the next game of your four allies, and of the four enemies who took roles other than yours (ie; if you supported, don't look up the enemy support, etc) Track those sets of more random, more balanced, more blind data, then tell us what you find.
I didn't actually look at the lolnexus results before playing, I just searched and alt tabbed back. I didn't see if I had duos or who was duo until after the game. I generally assume everyone I play with is at least as good as me or better, and wait until in game to decide if I have to make plays to specifically make them better than they are and win games.

margalolwut

09-26-2013

Quote:
Based on this season of keeping track and always suspecting duo's cost me more games than they won, I've got to say my hunch was always right.

I was originally going to come and cry about how I got a gold III pairing in a game where the enemy team's duo was a plat V and a gold II, but I realized you guys would just say, "it's one game" and "MMR bro, mmr."

I suspect riot uses duo's to bring down your winrate. The evidence that follows is based on my 1256 matches so far this season, and using lolnexus to check out to see who's duo and who's not in solo/duo ranked.

The point:
Anyway, I've kept track of all the games I could since lolnexus came out in terms of duos on my team and duos on the enemy team.

Currently, I'm 636 wins and 620 losses.

Out of these 636 wins and 620 losses, I've played in games with no duo on either team a total of 595 times. In these games I've got 348 wins and 247 losses. That's a 59% winrate.

Also, I've played in a game with a duo on the enemy team but not on mine 143 times. I've won 70 of those games and lost 63 of them. 57% winrate.

So, does this mean I'm the most unlucky person ever, or can we just have an option to not be in games with duos? I can't imagine anything more frustrating than being placed in the same ****-fest situation over and over and over again. I mean, either way if I have a duo on my team I only win 42% of my ranked matches where a duo is on my team at all, meanwhile in completely solo queue with no duos in a game I win 60%? Is this a method of creating artificial elo hell?

I propose you make a duo/trio queue next season for people who don't want to play 5's but what to queue up in ranked with their friends. Yeah, matchmaking might take a long time to find them games, but that should be the price they pay to do it. I get that not all duo's are bad and I'm probably just jaded based on my experience this season, but I'm really tired of it riot. 3 Seasons and I'm pretty sure I've fallen short of my ranking every season because when I get close I get these duo's on my team that just drag me down.

TL;DR

Should read, should start keeping track yourself too.
i believe you.

there was actually a time where i lost 16 out of 17 duo games.. id say at in 10 of them they under performed.

I started keeping track after i 3 games in a row and i noticed that the common factor in those 3 was duo's

Steven Mcburn

09-26-2013

Gonna bump this and hopefully get enough support to get a red involved with some general statistics going on here.

1234511 ... 27