Chambers of Cassiopeia Du Couteau (Ask Cass v2)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Script Lord

02-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpantsEmbrace View Post
Cassiopeia's brow furrowed and the tip of her tail twitched with annoyance out of view from her visitor. She hated thinking about the weapon that had destroyed her life, yet it was always on her mind. She wasn't about to give anything away just yet. She still had no reason to trust the man before her. "Unless you have found the blade yourself, I see no reason to speak of this with a stranger."
Faust's smile transmogrified into a purposeful grin as he stared intently at the lamia.

"Now, Lady Cassiopeia, how can I say for certain if I've come across it in my career if I don't know what it looks like? For all we know, I could have purchased it off of some fool desperate for some quick coin then subsequently sold it to some fool who just fancied it for its appearance. I don't bother hiding the fact that I deal in exotic items and weapons, especially those that have been enchanted or cursed, so the real question is: How would my having handled it benefit you?"

SerpantsEmbrace

02-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Script Lord View Post
Faust's smile transmogrified into a purposeful grin as he stared intently at the lamia.

"Now, Lady Cassiopeia, how can I say for certain if I've come across it in my career if I don't know what it looks like? For all we know, I could have purchased it off of some fool desperate for some quick coin then subsequently sold it to some fool who just fancied it for its appearance. I don't bother hiding the fact that I deal in exotic items and weapons, especially those that have been enchanted or cursed, so the real question is: How would my having handled it benefit you?"
Cassiopeia narrowed her eyes slightly. He was toying with her...and it was becoming irritating. She measured her response in her mind before she spoke. "You are not as ignorant as you say, Faust. I am certain that you would have ventured to learn everything you could about the blade the moment you learned of what it could do. It is in your nature." She knew it was a slight gamble on her part, but there was truth to her words. She hoped that they were the whole truth.

Script Lord

02-19-2014

Quote:
Cassiopeia narrowed her eyes slightly. He was toying with her...and it was becoming irritating. She measured her response in her mind before she spoke. "You are not as ignorant as you say, Faust. I am certain that you would have ventured to learn everything you could about the blade the moment you learned of what it could do. It is in your nature." She knew it was a slight gamble on her part, but there was truth to her words. She hoped that they were the whole truth.
Faust chuckled lowly in a rather unprecedented mixture of amusement and surprise, tilting his head slightly sideways as he looked to the lamia with a mischievous gleam in his violet eyes.

"I can't deny that, my dear. My entire business is built upon a foundation of various magical baubles, both good and bad, so you are right in believing that I would conduct endless research about something like a former barbarian ambassador's sword which he used to curse one of Noxus's most devoted daughters. Tell me, Lady Cassiopeia, what do you know about it? What does it look like? Where was the last place you saw it? Do you know where it is currently?"

Ask Fortune

02-20-2014

Quote:
Cassiopeia chuckled lightly. "You don't understand. He will be mine, in the end. They all succumb in the end. I suppose I did not mention that our feelings are more or less mutual. It is only a matter of time. Besides, why the Rakkor? Has he spoken to you about an interest in me?"
"Are you kidding? He wouldn't tell me anything even at the threat of painting boy parts on his shield." Sarah pouted. "But a lady knows, Cassiopeia. I've seen the way he looks at you through the reflection of his shield. He shows no fear. Only desire~."

SerpantsEmbrace

02-20-2014

Quote:
Faust chuckled lowly in a rather unprecedented mixture of amusement and surprise, tilting his head slightly sideways as he looked to the lamia with a mischievous gleam in his violet eyes.

"I can't deny that, my dear. My entire business is built upon a foundation of various magical baubles, both good and bad, so you are right in believing that I would conduct endless research about something like a former barbarian ambassador's sword which he used to curse one of Noxus's most devoted daughters. Tell me, Lady Cassiopeia, what do you know about it? What does it look like? Where was the last place you saw it? Do you know where it is currently?"
"Silence your greed, Faust." Cassiopeia snapped irritably. She did not appreciate this line of questioning, although it did reveal two possibilities. One was that Faust possessed the blade and was causing her grief for his own amusement. The other is that he had a burning desire to find the blade for himself and thought she knew of its whereabouts. Cassiopeia decided to uncover his true intentions. "I know not where the blade resides. The last I saw of it, it lay in my hands as I took a vow of silence and secrecy."

Quote:
"Are you kidding? He wouldn't tell me anything even at the threat of painting boy parts on his shield." Sarah pouted. "But a lady knows, Cassiopeia. I've seen the way he looks at you through the reflection of his shield. He shows no fear. Only desire~."
Cassiopeia scowled and rolled her eyes. "Desire to cleave my head perhaps. All he desires is battle, nothing more. I have no interest in him regardless. We have been over this before."

Script Lord

02-21-2014

Quote:
"Silence your greed, Faust." Cassiopeia snapped irritably. She did not appreciate this line of questioning, although it did reveal two possibilities. One was that Faust possessed the blade and was causing her grief for his own amusement. The other is that he had a burning desire to find the blade for himself and thought she knew of its whereabouts. Cassiopeia decided to uncover his true intentions. "I know not where the blade resides. The last I saw of it, it lay in my hands as I took a vow of silence and secrecy."
The very faintest twinkle could be seen within his eyes as he pushed himself, with his cane, back to sitting upright and altered his position once more. This time he raised his cane, moving it to his side, as he lifting his right leg and crossed it over his left knee. He no longer looked like the suave, smooth-talking merchant of dangerous things but more like a dignitary who was relishing in the luxury around him. His smile was broad, but did nothing to betray the secrets he held.

"I'm not really greedy, my dear, it is just that the nature of my wares makes it impossible for me to set very low prices for them. I have everything from rings, to knives, to pieces of armor that were worn by heroes of old; anything your mind can imagine I have seen, obtained, or even sold. I find that I am most interested in those items that possess a very....deeply personal history with specific individuals, that blade is one such item. Now, I did not come here to make any deals of any sort, and I even swore not to conduct any such business on the premises of the Institute, however.....What would you say if I were to tell you that I came across it recently?"

Ask Fortune

02-21-2014

Quote:
Cassiopeia scowled and rolled her eyes. "Desire to cleave my head perhaps. All he desires is battle, nothing more. I have no interest in him regardless. We have been over this before."
"I'm just trying to understand why not." Sarah replied. "I thought you Noxians were all about strength and power. That's why your sister is all over Garen~. Are you not at least intrigued by Pantheon and his thighs? He's like the strongest man ever."

SerpantsEmbrace

02-21-2014

Quote:
The very faintest twinkle could be seen within his eyes as he pushed himself, with his cane, back to sitting upright and altered his position once more. This time he raised his cane, moving it to his side, as he lifting his right leg and crossed it over his left knee. He no longer looked like the suave, smooth-talking merchant of dangerous things but more like a dignitary who was relishing in the luxury around him. His smile was broad, but did nothing to betray the secrets he held.

"I'm not really greedy, my dear, it is just that the nature of my wares makes it impossible for me to set very low prices for them. I have everything from rings, to knives, to pieces of armor that were worn by heroes of old; anything your mind can imagine I have seen, obtained, or even sold. I find that I am most interested in those items that possess a very....deeply personal history with specific individuals, that blade is one such item. Now, I did not come here to make any deals of any sort, and I even swore not to conduct any such business on the premises of the Institute, however.....What would you say if I were to tell you that I came across it recently?"
Cassiopeia was starting to become severely annoyed with his games. Her eyes narrowed and all pretense of amusement left her, leaving only an aura of irritation. "I would say to tell me what you know or I'll kill you. Your games are not amusing. I have had enough. Say what you have come to say and get out."

Quote:
"I'm just trying to understand why not." Sarah replied. "I thought you Noxians were all about strength and power. That's why your sister is all over Garen~. Are you not at least intrigued by Pantheon and his thighs? He's like the strongest man ever."
Cassiopeia shook her head. "You don't understand. It is not simply about the amount of strength, but how that strength is used. The Rakkor only uses his strength for battle and for war. That does not interest me. His physical appearance does not interest me either. As for my sister, you know she holds no romantic feelings for the Might of Demacia. She acknowledges his ability in battle, but nothing more." Cassiopeia scoffed irritably before continuing. "Although his sister has decided to remain in delusion about the nature of their relationship. She has annoyed me with her worthless fantasies often enough."

Script Lord

02-21-2014

Quote:
Cassiopeia was starting to become severely annoyed with his games. Her eyes narrowed and all pretense of amusement left her, leaving only an aura of irritation. "I would say to tell me what you know or I'll kill you. Your games are not amusing. I have had enough. Say what you have come to say and get out."
His smile only fell very slightly as his lips became a tight line and he regarded her with immense caution. Even he knew that he couldn't continue to be coy for long before the one known as the Serpant's Embrace, and as such it was with great displeasure that he donned a more serious and somber expression.

"My dear Cassiopeia, I only came here to inform you that I have come into possession of the very blade that cursed you to your current form. I did not intend to come right out with it because I had no idea of how you would react to such news, but since you refuse to let me be coy I have been forced to say it outright. That fabled barbarian's blade is now amongst my inventory of wondrous items, weapons and accessories both exotic in appearance and rife with magics new and old. What say you now? What will you do now that you have this knowledge?"

It was clear from his new posture that he was no longer his usual playful self, instead he held the air of a shrewd and experienced businessman. The man sitting before Cassiopeia's very eyes was the notorious Merchant of Death, a man who has been attributed to many terrifyingly dark things.

Ask Fortune

02-21-2014

Quote:
Cassiopeia shook her head. "You don't understand. It is not simply about the amount of strength, but how that strength is used. The Rakkor only uses his strength for battle and for war. That does not interest me. His physical appearance does not interest me either. As for my sister, you know she holds no romantic feelings for the Might of Demacia. She acknowledges his ability in battle, but nothing more." Cassiopeia scoffed irritably before continuing. "Although his sister has decided to remain in delusion about the nature of their relationship. She has annoyed me with her worthless fantasies often enough."
Sarah just smirked wide, and shook her head.

"Sorry girl, I'm sure you and your sister are close and all, buuuuuut there's no way she'd admit this before the time was right." She cooed. "Regardless... so... what would a thighmaster like Pantheon need to do with his strength to intrigue you? Build bridges? Open pickle jars?" She leaned in coyly. "Wrangle serpents~?"