Season 4 ELO Reset

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lHydra

09-23-2013

So I'm assuming we'll have a soft reset for Season 4 like we did for S3. I just hit Gold V and was wondering if this means that I'll go back to silver and have to make the whole climb again. My ELO will probably be higher than it is now by the end of the season, I'm aiming for Gold III, but someone said the soft reset will be current elo + 1200 / 2. This means that if it happened right now, I'd be around silver 3. Is this true? I really don't want to have to fight through silver again...

LazyBub

09-23-2013

False information

TinyHugeMonster

09-23-2013

Attachment 786495

Buk Wild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2013

I have no idea how they will do it in the new system. MMR soft reset with a divisional wipe I would think.

SuicideCreamPuff

09-23-2013

yea expect to get placed in silver 3 or silver 2

YellowChocoPugna

11-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lHydra View Post
So I'm assuming we'll have a soft reset for Season 4 like we did for S3. I just hit Gold V and was wondering if this means that I'll go back to silver and have to make the whole climb again. My ELO will probably be higher than it is now by the end of the season, I'm aiming for Gold III, but someone said the soft reset will be current elo + 1200 / 2. This means that if it happened right now, I'd be around silver 3. Is this true? I really don't want to have to fight through silver again...
Ok I'll start with the true things:
Yes there is a Elo reset
You have preseason to get to Gold 3
Yes silver is boring to climb but now that you climbed to gold by yourself you should be able to easily do it again
Now for the somewhat false things.
Statistically speaking the equation actually normalizes everyones elo not. It does not perform a soft reset. Now let's see why.
(Your current mmr + 1200)/2
Ok first of all 1200 is mid silver mmr so we are trying to bring everyone closer to silver mmr
Still don't get it? Let's take examples. Diamond 1 players have an average elo of 2450 so let's plug it into our handy equation
(2450+1200)/2=1850
This elo reset just made the system assume that this former diamond 1 player is now a Platinum 5 or 4 player which in my opinion is a immense drop in mmr.
Now let's see it's advantages!
If you are bronze 1 you average about 1000 elo so back to the equation
(1000+1200)/2 = 1100
This is the mmr of the average silver 4 or 5 player.
So I think this formula is incorrect because to degrades high elo players and boosts low elo players slightly
An acceptable equation which is a total opinion would be
(current mmr + average mmr of division)/2
Or just add 50 to current mmr but that's really lazy and ineffective
Thanks for your concern summoners!!

YellowChocoPugna

Vince513

12-30-2013

I'm in bronze 3 at the moment i do duo q in ranked with a friend thats in silver 1 we win most of the time and i checked on the mmr calculator thing and it says i am beyond this league. If the reset was based off ur mmr could it be possible for me to get boosted to silver?