Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who would you pick for the next Ultimate quality skin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quartzmonkey

09-23-2013

With Riot's recent trend in skin-making, I think the community in general has been impressed. Not all skins are amazing, but it's certainly a great improvement compared to the skins of old (recolors and all). Udyr's ultimate skin, for instance, is awesome. I don't think anyone would argue that it makes him visually much much more appealing to play. It also provided him with a bit of popularity (at least for a little bit).

So given that ultimate skins can radically transform a champ's image and it could potentially bring back the popularity of a champion (hopefully the next one chosen isn't one like Udyr who is just too impaired by the current kiting/mobility trend of champs)...

Who would you pick to be reborn with an epic looking and changing skin?

I know some champions have been waiting for a long time for new skins (Rumble, Zilean, etc), and I think they need good ones, but not ultimate yet. So...

I'd go with Morgana after she gets a visual upgrade. She's a champ that most people can appreciate, many enjoy playing, but has fallen off in popularity. She's still a solid pick. She isn't exactly falling into the "mid needs to be an assassin" like Ahri or Fizz popular trend right now which is why she isn't picked. She's still good (though could use some "fixing" to make her more desirable against the mobility meta). But she's a beloved champ who has a lot of potential for awesome ideas when it comes to skins and changing her spell effects.

Since she is based on corruption, it would be nice to see that theme played out to an extreme. Make her look beautiful, but in a twisted way that possibly evolves with level (as Ezreal's suit does). Really give her a series of sinister shadow effects.

Black Shield could be an opaque cloud of swirling tormented spirits surrounding the guarded champion.

Her Dark Binding could be a pulsating orb that has blighted roots (like a twisted version of Zyra's bind) spring from the ground and hold the target in place.

Her Soul Shackles could use more flair, and possibly give enemy champions a growing visual effect as it continues to channel. Like they turn darker, as if their essence is being corrupted.

Just some off-the-cuff ideas. But I'd love to see Morgana get an ultimate skin in the future and I'd love to see her popularity return.

Who would you all pick, and why? What kind of ideas do you have for an ultimate skin?

Also, paging Morgageddon.

Jim Jìm

09-23-2013

Zed or Zyra.

Morior Invictis

09-23-2013

Void Fizz or Dragon Master Swain.

Chaosneobreakage

09-23-2013

Look at the least played champs and that might give you an idea.

GLaD0S

09-23-2013

Ascended Lux.

OH LAUGH

09-23-2013

Zed, Zac, Sivir (since she is being remade), Kassadin,

Quartzmonkey

09-23-2013

Quote:
Morior Invictis:
Void Fizz or Dragon Master Swain.

Fortunately, we do have confirmation that DM Swain is a planned future project. Hopefully it won't take too long. I'd also love to see Swain's popularity grow. Very underrated champion presently.

Azazel XIII

09-23-2013

ahri with increasing number oof tails as she levels

Hayaishi

09-23-2013

Full corruption Varus pls

Shaco ftwin

09-23-2013

I think Zac would be cool. They know to have him look anything other than a recolor, it would take a lot of work. So Not sure the route they'd want to go, but I think that if they were able to put the effort into Zac to make him something crazy special, it'd be great

<EDIT> but I guess we also have to think of variety. Udyr can play Jungle and KIND of play top... Ezreal is definitely mean tot be an ADC (though played mid sometimes). I'd imagine the next one would be an AP mid champion. Orianna could be pretty awesome with design and ball.