Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Low FPS (only in LoL)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pozio xD

12-11-2010

~Hi all. I know lots of people have this problem, also i want say my english is bad but i hope u can understand me.

Once while i was playing LoL my dad shut down my computer, after recconect i had SOOOOOO MUUUCHH laags ( first time in my life!) FPS was 09 - 12, i thought this is because i reconnected but i was wrong... In next game i still had so small fps. I decided to update my graph card drivers, clean windows a little, now i have 10 - 15 fps but still soo laggy, i reinstalled LoL also. I always have been running LoL on max setting and had 40 FPS, i don't know what happend. I know lots of people have this problem, but maybe my problem is somewhere else. I have GeForce 9600 GT, 4 gb RAM and 2,2 Ghz dual core so i shouldn't have lags. I tried Game Booster too, still nothing .

I hope u can help me guys

Eambo

Recruiter

12-11-2010

Hi Pozio,

The common ways to resolve game lag would be:

- Close all background windows and tasks
- Disable any antivirus and firewall software (scans especially can cause lag)
- Disable any advanced visual effects, such as Windows Aero, to increase FPS
- Lower your graphics settings ingame
- Try changing the framerate cap ingame
- Try toggling the 'fast terrain' option ingame
- Try togglign the 'Vertical Synch' option ingame
- Make sure your graphics card control panel isn't overriding the ingame settings. In your graphics card control panel (ATI Catalyst/Nvidia Control Panel) make sure everything is low and application controlled.
- Especially make sure Anti-Aliasing and Anistropic Filtering (AA/AF) are low/off
- Try lowering your resolution
- If windowed, try fullscreen.

If issues persist, it might be worth uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics drivers, and following the steps above again.

Pozio xD

12-11-2010

Well thx for answer but i tried all these things before, problem is somewhere else, i dont know where.

Eambo

Recruiter

12-11-2010

Well you could try some of the tools listed here:

http://cid-c35572ce02808614.office.live.com/browse.aspx/.Documents/Troubleshooting%20Game%20Issues

These tools can probably help pinpoint the issue. Using them all you can keep an eye on your processor, graphics card and RAM, to see which is being throttled or not keeping up performance.

Wannacookie

12-11-2010

This isn't a user issue - this seems to be software issue caused by the latest patch. I don't see how one could have gone through all the threads on here since Trundle release and not think this. The only thing that has changed on my computer is patching LoL. The game is unplayable atm, gone from steady 60 FPS to 5-15.

Eambo

Recruiter

12-11-2010

If you think there's an issue with the patch send in a report to http://support.leagueoflegends.com. I personally still get a solid 60FPS, and anyone who I've played with hasn't mentioned anything regarding this, so I'm under the assumption it's not a patch-wide issue.

Edit: There's also the fact that Pozio said it was fine until his dad turned the computer off, and then the next moment it was laggy. Unless he got a patch mid game, I have my doubts on this being a patch issue.

Wannacookie

12-11-2010

I've asked frequently in the games I've played, and it seems to be an issue. Further, the threads on these forums suggest that there is a major problem with new pushes causing FPS loss; the only way people are able to play is by closing Lolclient processes. This has happened after the Trundle push, the MF push, and perhaps others. There is a problem with subsequent patches causing degradation in gameplay; the question is, how to fix it.

I myself had no issues up until the Trundle patch. I noticed decreased playability after hours of play/client open, but that's simply memory leaks, and a reboot fixes that. To date, I've cleaned my registry/drivers, reinstalled DX, uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled the game (without the need to patch), and still have these issues. If my system specs would help, I'd post them, but I don't think anything short of a look under the hood of the game and the changes made is going to alleviate the issue.

Eambo

Recruiter

12-11-2010

If the issue is simply happening after a few hours of gaming, then yes - a simple reboot of the client should resolve it. Riot are always looking to improve the performance of the client, and it's known there is a few memory issues after extended gameplay.

Pozio xD

12-12-2010

Well itsn't patch issue, i really don't know what the problem is.
I really don't think that is my computer, lots of people have SUDDENLY FPS PROBLEM,

I tried your tools, every temp is good, no problems, i send my logs and problem to riot week ago, no answer. That is weird, really weird

KamikazeeKing

12-12-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=359167

Plenty of people are finding issues like this and finding the common ways to resolve it utterly useless :\.