Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[HotStuff] ADC, SUPP, & Subs wanted!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AfroTurtle

09-19-2013

Hey guys! We're a Semi-Serious pro team that just kicked off last night. We have a decent Mid Jungle and Top, and we need a good Bottom Lane as we got rid of our last Support & ADC for raging/feeding/complaining etc. and then started a new team. We are also looking for 4 subs. If you're interested in being a sub, just be aware you'll only be playing if we need you to fill a role. You also need to be able to play 3-5 different positions. We won't ever have more then 2 subs in a game.

The requirements I'm asking for right now are:
-Be mature. I don't care about age, just don't act like a child.
-Don't be a shy lil' bastard. We're a team; so we're a family. We're in this together, you have a voice. Use it.
-Don't disrespect/judge other plays in/out of the team based on their solo/duo division. I'm Bronze 5 and I'm almost never out-jungled when playing 5s. Know why? Because a lot of people work better as a team then with 3-4 *******.
-Have a mic & Skype.
-Be free (most of the time) from 12am (GMT) - 3:30am (GMT) I'm -3 GMT time, check yours using Google.
-Be a team player for god sakes.
-We're here to have fun & go somewhere with this team. So lets kick ass and have fun doing it.

Leader(s):
-AfroTurtle

Top: Vboy97
Jungler: AfroTurtle
Mid: Return of Zero
Adc: iVoxz
Support: [Open]

Subs (The backbone of every team! <3):
- tlaliquid sen
- [Open]
- [Open]
- [Open]

**Currently not taking applications for ADC or Support. We're working on aquiring 3 more substitutes though who can play 3+ different positions each. If interested go to this thread:
[N/A]

Thank you all very much for visiting this thread! I'll be checking it daily. Please do NOT add me in game, if you do you'll be instantly de-considered for making the team.

IS18660e887cebcdc9f13de

09-19-2013

Application for Support

IGN: The Vayne Plays

Teamwork Background (irl/games): Play a lot of sports Basketball(MVP co-captain, Baseball(MVP, only pitcher in city to throw a no hitter)Football, and a few teams with former (almost) pro team managers.

Real name(if you don't mind): Matt

Positions you play?: Support

What do you have to bring to this team?: my strongest role is support I have very high kda's and win rates, im a student of the game and my knowledge is higher than most, I know how to allow people to carry and play unselfishly, and know the appropriate times to go in drag push freeze etc.

Why do you want to go serious in LoL?: Im a hyper competitive person and I like to play with people that have the same goals as me.

Why do you want to be on this team?: The team is in need of a support and I know I can preform in a way that would positively affect the team

How long have you been playing LOL?: iv been playing for just over 2 and a half years

Do you have skype?: yes

Do you have a mic?: yes

Top 5 strengths:
1) Large champ pool
2) High understanding of the game
3) understand complex strats and what it takes to see them through
4) Im a team player
5) Good communication skills

Top 5 weaknesses:
1) Low elo
2) I don't go on tilt to often but when I do I play like garbage
3) Sometimes make scrub mistakes
4) don't always focus in teamfights the best, but I have improved a lot and I think its now up to par
5) im in school so my hours of availability to play will be low, but still pretty high

Are you sure you're okay with not playing every game?: of course whatever the team needs

Why do you want to be a sub for us?: If that's what the team needs ill be fine with that

Complete list of champions you can play WELL* for EACH position you're applying for:

Janna- 2.7 KDA, 73.1% win rate
Thresh- 2.7 KDA, 73.3% win rate
Nami- 2.6 KDA, 62.5% win rate
Sona- 2.3 KDA, 66.7% win rate
Blitz- 2.4 KDA, 100% win rate (but that's because he's almost never available to pick)

SavingGrace

09-19-2013

Application for Support:

IGN: SavingGrace

Teamwork Background (irl/games): irl/ I usually put myself in a lead position whether it is at school or at work, and when things go bad, or when people disagree, I have no problem in stepping down and listening to others. game/ Every team I've been on has taken me as a shot caller and a support. I've always been good with map awareness and engagement/ disengagement. There are still a few kinks to work out, but my communication is strong and we all still have flaws.

Real name(if you don't mind): Jacky Lin.

Positions you play?: Mainly support

What do you have to bring to this team?: I can bring someone with a level head, who can work well with almost everyone, as long as they understand the importance and seriousness of different situations. Someone who is very serious, but gets along with people who understand that there is a time and a place. Also, a support who can adjust to any situation during the laning phase (very quickly), and who can carry an ADC back into the game.

Why do you want to go serious in LoL?: Ever since I've started playing League, I've been hooked. I play as a religious action, and I do my best in every game. I have a strong passion for the league, and I want to become a pro one day just to say I've accomplished something. People think gaming is for people with no life and what not, but I want to help prove them wrong.

Why do you want to be on this team?: I want to be on this team because I want to grow and climb up with others who share the same passion for the game.

How long have you been playing LOL?: I've been playing since Elise was released or just before the Season two worlds.

Do you have skype?: Yes

Do you have a mic?: Yes

Top 5 strengths:
1) Good leadership and follower traits
2) Passive-aggressive
3) Able to adjust to different situations
4) Strong communication in general, (especially with the adc and the junglers in laning phase)
5) Never trolls, always takes the game seriously and puts forward my best effort

Top 5 weaknesses:
1) Doesn't play well with team mates who troll each other (serious teams don't but noob teams do)
2) Can time dragon and wards, but not so good on buffs and baron
3) Rarely, but surely sometimes over aggressive
4) Usually focuses the ADC, but sometimes panics and accidentally hits someone else while initiating
5) Sometimes accidentally steals CS from ADC, though it's never much, sometimes enough to make a difference

Are you sure you're okay with not playing every game?: I'm sure. We all have times where we're not available, or we're just not playing at our best, so someone can step up as a benefit to the team.

Why do you want to be a sub for us?: I don't mind being a sub. I'm currently in a team where we're working our way up, but we only get in a game or two a night. I want to do more with my time (sometimes I'm not a fan of solo queue).

Complete list of champions you can play WELL* for EACH position you're applying for:
Shen 6-0 (1.5/6/16.7)
Nidalee 6-2 (3/3.5/10.9)
Taric 3-1 (2/4.8/16.3)
Nunu 8-4 (2.3/4.8/10.6)
Thresh 16-12 (2.4/8.5/16.3)
Leona 12-9 (1.9/5.9/11)
Janna 5-4 (.9/5.3/13)
Nami 1-1 (1.5/3.5/8.5)
Those are the ones that I play well. ^^^
But I can also play Sona and Orianna as supports (Sona- 36-53 [1.5/6/13.5] Orianna 6-10 [2.8/7.6/16.4])

Thank you for your time and consideration.

AfroTurtle

09-20-2013

Quote:
SavingGrace:
Application for Support:

IGN: SavingGrace

Teamwork Background (irl/games): irl/ I usually put myself in a lead position whether it is at school or at work, and when things go bad, or when people disagree, I have no problem in stepping down and listening to others. game/ Every team I've been on has taken me as a shot caller and a support. I've always been good with map awareness and engagement/ disengagement. There are still a few kinks to work out, but my communication is strong and we all still have flaws.

Real name(if you don't mind): Jacky Lin.

Positions you play?: Mainly support

What do you have to bring to this team?: I can bring someone with a level head, who can work well with almost everyone, as long as they understand the importance and seriousness of different situations. Someone who is very serious, but gets along with people who understand that there is a time and a place. Also, a support who can adjust to any situation during the laning phase (very quickly), and who can carry an ADC back into the game.

Why do you want to go serious in LoL?: Ever since I've started playing League, I've been hooked. I play as a religious action, and I do my best in every game. I have a strong passion for the league, and I want to become a pro one day just to say I've accomplished something. People think gaming is for people with no life and what not, but I want to help prove them wrong.

Why do you want to be on this team?: I want to be on this team because I want to grow and climb up with others who share the same passion for the game.

How long have you been playing LOL?: I've been playing since Elise was released or just before the Season two worlds.

Do you have skype?: Yes

Do you have a mic?: Yes

Top 5 strengths:
1) Good leadership and follower traits
2) Passive-aggressive
3) Able to adjust to different situations
4) Strong communication in general, (especially with the adc and the junglers in laning phase)
5) Never trolls, always takes the game seriously and puts forward my best effort

Top 5 weaknesses:
1) Doesn't play well with team mates who troll each other (serious teams don't but noob teams do)
2) Can time dragon and wards, but not so good on buffs and baron
3) Rarely, but surely sometimes over aggressive
4) Usually focuses the ADC, but sometimes panics and accidentally hits someone else while initiating
5) Sometimes accidentally steals CS from ADC, though it's never much, sometimes enough to make a difference

Are you sure you're okay with not playing every game?: I'm sure. We all have times where we're not available, or we're just not playing at our best, so someone can step up as a benefit to the team.

Why do you want to be a sub for us?: I don't mind being a sub. I'm currently in a team where we're working our way up, but we only get in a game or two a night. I want to do more with my time (sometimes I'm not a fan of solo queue).

Shen 6-0 (1.5/6/16.7)
Nidalee 6-2 (3/3.5/10.9)
Taric 3-1 (2/4.8/16.3)
Nunu 8-4 (2.3/4.8/10.6)
Thresh 16-12 (2.4/8.5/16.3)
Leona 12-9 (1.9/5.9/11)
Janna 5-4 (.9/5.3/13)
Nami 1-1 (1.5/3.5/8.5)
Those are the ones that I play well. ^^^
But I can also play Sona and Orianna as supports (Sona- 36-53 [1.5/6/13.5] Orianna 6-10 [2.8/7.6/16.4])

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Thank you for applying Please add me in game I'll talk to you tonight when I'm online.

AfroTurtle

09-20-2013

Quote:
IS18660e887cebcdc9f13de:
Application for Support

IGN: The Vayne Plays

Teamwork Background (irl/games): Play a lot of sports Basketball(MVP co-captain, Baseball(MVP, only pitcher in city to throw a no hitter)Football, and a few teams with former (almost) pro team managers.

Real name(if you don't mind): Matt

Positions you play?: Support

What do you have to bring to this team?: my strongest role is support I have very high kda's and win rates, im a student of the game and my knowledge is higher than most, I know how to allow people to carry and play unselfishly, and know the appropriate times to go in drag push freeze etc.

Why do you want to go serious in LoL?: Im a hyper competitive person and I like to play with people that have the same goals as me.

Why do you want to be on this team?: The team is in need of a support and I know I can preform in a way that would positively affect the team

How long have you been playing LOL?: iv been playing for just over 2 and a half years

Do you have skype?: yes

Do you have a mic?: yes

Top 5 strengths:
1) Large champ pool
2) High understanding of the game
3) understand complex strats and what it takes to see them through
4) Im a team player
5) Good communication skills

Top 5 weaknesses:
1) Low elo
2) I don't go on tilt to often but when I do I play like garbage
3) Sometimes make scrub mistakes
4) don't always focus in teamfights the best, but I have improved a lot and I think its now up to par
5) im in school so my hours of availability to play will be low, but still pretty high

Are you sure you're okay with not playing every game?: of course whatever the team needs

Why do you want to be a sub for us?: If that's what the team needs ill be fine with that

Janna- 2.7 KDA, 73.1% win rate
Thresh- 2.7 KDA, 73.3% win rate
Nami- 2.6 KDA, 62.5% win rate
Sona- 2.3 KDA, 66.7% win rate
Blitz- 2.4 KDA, 100% win rate (but that's because he's almost never available to pick)

Nice to see fellow sports players playing the game :P Make sure to add me in game and I'll talk to you tonight to see if you belong with us.

BestTopNasus NA

09-20-2013

IGN: BestTopNasus NA

Teamwork Background (irl/games): I used to play Madden if that counts XD....
I was in band in highschool, and plays with buds on LoL all the time.

Real name(if you don't mind): Bryan

Position: ADC

What do you have to bring to this team?: im a very experienced player, knowing the game and knowing what to do in situations

Why do you want to go serious in LoL?: Because i know i have the ability to be one of the best, by not dwelling on mistakes. but realizing that they were made and improving from previous situations

Why do you want to be on this team?: I want to be apart of something that is serious for some type of competitive play

How long have you been playing LoL?: December 30, 2010

Do you have skype?:yes

Do you have a mic?:yes

Top 5 strengths: Learn from mistakes
always wanting to improve
big champ pool
im on all the time
The love for cheese

Top 5 weaknesses: tunnel visions easily
hates to lose :/
Never been on a competitive team before
too aggressive at times
Plays at the level of people around me

Complete list of champions you can play WELL* for your position:
Varus
Ezreal
Trist
Vayne
then ive been working on Graves, Corki, and Cait.

AfroTurtle

09-20-2013

Quote:
BestTopNasus NA:
IGN: BestTopNasus NA

Teamwork Background (irl/games): I used to play Madden if that counts XD....
I was in band in highschool, and plays with buds on LoL all the time.

Real name(if you don't mind): Bryan

Position: ADC

What do you have to bring to this team?: im a very experienced player, knowing the game and knowing what to do in situations

Why do you want to go serious in LoL?: Because i know i have the ability to be one of the best, by not dwelling on mistakes. but realizing that they were made and improving from previous situations

Why do you want to be on this team?: I want to be apart of something that is serious for some type of competitive play

How long have you been playing LoL?: December 30, 2010

Do you have skype?:yes

Do you have a mic?:yes

Top 5 strengths: Learn from mistakes
always wanting to improve
big champ pool
im on all the time
The love for cheese

Top 5 weaknesses: tunnel visions easily
hates to lose :/
Never been on a competitive team before
too aggressive at times
Plays at the level of people around me

Varus
Ezreal
Trist
Vayne
then ive been working on Graves, Corki, and Cait.

Mhm. A love for cheese is always a good thing to have, and my young brother is named bryan :P Add me in game man and we'll talk more when I'm on tonight.

XPitchxBlackX

09-20-2013

Wassup guys

Application for ADC or Support:

IGN: FrankFKA

Teamwork Background (irl/games):
I'm in competitive soccer and used to be a captain for a team, and as a result I am able to adjust myself according to other players' behavior in the game. I've also played Combat Arms and led a clan before I quit

Real name(if you don't mind): Frank Jia

Position: Adc/Supp (I main bot lane)

What do you have to bring to this team?: A SOLID bot lane that will hold its ground no matter how good the enemies are.

Why do you want to go serious in LoL?: The same reason I went into competitive soccer. No risk no reward games, to me, are boring as hell. I love being in competition.

Why do you want to be on this team?: I think being part of a real team is exciting. It gives me the opportunity to meet people that have the same goals/interests as me

How long have you been playing LoL?: 5-6 months

Do you have skype?: Yeah

Do you have a mic?: Yeah

Top 5 strengths:
1. I can farm decently even if it is an enemy kill lane.
2. I respond to pings and help out teamates in trouble
3. I adjust myself with the team comp, i can play an aggresive lane but i can also sit back and just farm
4. I don't give up on the game, even if we're behind by several thousand gold
5. My positioning in teamfights (Depending on who i play, i usually sit at the back and deal damage from a safe distance, rather than going all in as an adc.

Top 5 weaknesses:

1. My focus during a teamfight. It is something i have been working on for a while (but i am slowly improving) I used to find it hard to keep track of the events and tend to focus the wrong people.
2. My support champion pool. I main thresh and leona. Although i can also play sona/lulu, i probably need some practice with those champions in case thresh and leona get banned/picked
3. School/parents. i may not be able to play all the time, but i spend a fair amount of time online
4. At early levels, i sometimes take kills (maybe 1 or 2 per game, sometimes none at all)

Vayne, Trist, Twitch, Ezreal, MF, Cait, Ashe (Really depends on our and their team comp, we'll need lots of peel for ashe). SUPPORTS: Thresh, leona, sona

AfroTurtle

09-20-2013

Quote:
FrankFKA:
Wassup guys

Application for ADC or Support:

IGN: FrankFKA

Teamwork Background (irl/games):
I'm in competitive soccer and used to be a captain for a team, and as a result I am able to adjust myself according to other players' behavior in the game. I've also played Combat Arms and led a clan before I quit

Real name(if you don't mind): Frank Jia

Position: Adc/Supp (I main bot lane)

What do you have to bring to this team?: A SOLID bot lane that will hold its ground no matter how good the enemies are.

Why do you want to go serious in LoL?: The same reason I went into competitive soccer. No risk no reward games, to me, are boring as hell. I love being in competition.

Why do you want to be on this team?: I think being part of a real team is exciting. It gives me the opportunity to meet people that have the same goals/interests as me

How long have you been playing LoL?: 5-6 months

Do you have skype?: Yeah

Do you have a mic?: Yeah

Top 5 strengths:
1. I can farm decently even if it is an enemy kill lane.
2. I respond to pings and help out teamates in trouble
3. I adjust myself with the team comp, i can play an aggresive lane but i can also sit back and just farm
4. I don't give up on the game, even if we're behind by several thousand gold
5. My positioning in teamfights (Depending on who i play, i usually sit at the back and deal damage from a safe distance, rather than going all in as an adc.

Top 5 weaknesses:

1. My focus during a teamfight. It is something i have been working on for a while (but i am slowly improving) I used to find it hard to keep track of the events and tend to focus the wrong people.
2. My support champion pool. I main thresh and leona. Although i can also play sona/lulu, i probably need some practice with those champions in case thresh and leona get banned/picked
3. School/parents. i may not be able to play all the time, but i spend a fair amount of time online
4. At early levels, i sometimes take kills (maybe 1 or 2 per game, sometimes none at all)

Vayne, Trist, Twitch, Ezreal, MF, Cait, Ashe (Really depends on our and their team comp, we'll need lots of peel for ashe). SUPPORTS: Thresh, leona, sona

Nice to see another soccer player apply XD hit me up in game tonight and we'll talk.

Argrista

09-20-2013

IGN: Argrista

Teamwork Background (irl/games): Played Competitive Football (soccer),Basketball,volleyball, and Gymnastics. Part of almost two dozen ranked teams over the years, Have been avid Halo 1 (pc), Shogun total war, and Age of empires 2 player.

Real name(if you don't mind): Elijah

Position: ADC/Support

What do you have to bring to this team?: Unlike your previous Bot lane. 800+ Games of solo queue this season has made me simply be quiet and only speak constructive things. As in the long run. Raging dosent matter.

Why do you want to go serious in LoL?: I thoroughly enjoy every little detail and aspect of the game. IT is an ever changing environment which always has room for improvement and creativity.

Why do you want to be on this team?: My reasons are twofold. After so many ranked teams have disbanded on me over the years I want something solid. The second temporary and selfish reason Is I do not want to miss out on the Season 3 rewards. (My team disbanded last night out of the blue, so pardon my honesty/greed. It is only temporary and a reaction to recent events)

How long have you been playing LoL?: Since Mid of Season 1.

Do you have skype?: YES

Do you have a mic?: YES

Top 5 strengths:
-Silent but deady...
-Creative
-Regularity in Playing league
-Love playing a variety of Champions and Positions
-I BUY WARDS NO MATTER THE POSITION

Top 5 weaknesses:
-Creativity (Sometimes it works sometimes you take a Nasus Q to the anus)
-Misjudgement
-Sometimes I am affected by the team doing bad
-Do not use smartcasting (I played bloodline champions before coming to LOL I despise smart casting)
-Male

Complete list of champions you can play WELL* for your position: (Preface: I can play anything well but jungle, Since I posses and play a variety of champions) Caityln (100+games this season), Vayne, Ashe, Mf (though I rarely play her as she is very situational). Leona, Sona, Taric, Thresh(if he isint banned), and Malaphite (again if he is not banned I make then regret that decision)

Thanks for reading my application (sorry for the wall of text). Hope to hear from you soon.