Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Graphic oddities

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

b0urgeoisie

09-19-2013

Started playing League on this mac because my windows laptop is a gigantic pos. Everything runs beautifully with fps/latency and whatever but for some reason SOME character models produce giant artifacts that stretch across the screen. They block out everything aside from hud/minimap and hp bars.

Blitzcrank was fine, but things went crazy when his passive activated.
Rumble was fine, and all abilities/particles/whatever were fine.
Aatrox was kinda fine for a while, with giant **** coming off his sword, but eventually he turned into a ****storm too.

Dunno what to make of this or do about it. Would really like to get it worked out without having to do bootcamp or whatever the hell that is.

system:
2.66ghz intel core i7
4gb 1067mhz ddr3
geforce gt 330m 512mb (pcie) intel hd 288 (onboard)
os x 10.8.5

screens of what this looks like in game (https://imageshack.com/a/hT5b/1)

b0urgeoisie

09-19-2013

i should also add that i get weird red clusters of artifacts (like lego block looking things) that dance around the screen while the client/game are running. i don't see them in the game (just the giant weird **** that pop out of models while in game) but if i tab out or just have the pvp.net client running, they're all over.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

09-20-2013

This issue is caused by a dieing / faulty graphics card. Sometimes it can be induced by heat but your best bet is replacement if you're still under warranty.
Also make sure you have the latest updates from Apple.

Sorry I wish I could give you better news or a fix .

b0urgeoisie

09-20-2013

Hrm. This is terrible news.

Assuming replacement isn't an option, is there a way to disable the graphics card like I might with device manager in Windows? I'm assuming the onboard intel gpu can run the game if my Windows machine's legitimately terrible hardware can run with more or less acceptable fps. I'm just totally unfamiliar with the OS...

Either way, thanks for the response.

NEVRENOUGHBACON

09-21-2013

The pictures legitimately made me LOL because one picture is fine then the next is just ASRHGTOLSJKERGAJWREGOILKRJ