I知 Ransom. Writer on Zac and the upcoming champion (#116). AMAA!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Folded Socks

09-19-2013

The new champ's gonna be like Teemo's sister or something and there's gonna be a mass suicide

MephyRunsAllDay

09-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladayen View Post
The next champion has already been announced.... there are currently 115 champions on live right so the next would be 116? It was a dragon Au Shun or something like that. Interesting though when I go back and look for the announcement it appears to be gone.
Ao Shin isn't #116, he will be released later.

Soarent

09-19-2013

No Au shen is a upcoming one he is in early development not next one.

Soarent

09-19-2013

Ransom are you still here?

Ransom

Creative Designer

09-19-2013
10 of 39 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocPat View Post
Let me get this straight:
On your first week/month of working for Riot, you successfully created 5 current champion concepts?
OH HELL NOEZ. Those champs were pitched over several months, and I was part of a team that pitched them. I handled personality and theme, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodKilleR 999 View Post
Who do you think is the most well made champion in league?
From a cohesive art, design, and writing point of view, the two best constructed champs in the game are (for me) Ziggs and Lulu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike4statefarm View Post
I hate to be that guy but are we going to see more of a story between jayce and viktor. I personally love Viktor and seeing as the new battlecast viktor skins are coming out (btw if you could tell me when creator vik comes out <3) is there a possibility of jayce creating his own creations to fight viktors. Also are their anymore scientist characters coming out I know there are a lot but there痴 so much you can do with the idea. (I mean like with the zaun labs that made zac just saying it壇 be interesting) Sorry for grammar/spelling.
I'm with you - waiting sucks. Trust me, nobody is more excited about continuing the stories of your favorite champs than me and the writing team. Generally speaking, though, we've taken faction events like the Freljord event as a way of telling new stories about your favorite champions. I would wager that someday, there might be a similar event for other factions, such as Piltover and Zaun.

ManDudeMcDudeman

09-19-2013

Well Ransom, you seem like a pretty cool guy.

Quick question - How do you feel about Aatrox now that he's in game, especially in regards to how his story and gameplay clash?

To elaborate; your story for Aatrox painted him to be a kind of fighter who focused on rallying his teammates, but his gameplay doesn't reflect that at all. Is that troubling for you, or are you fine with the clashing of gameplay and story?

Soarent

09-19-2013

Will next champion be within a month can you say? I really want to try your new girl champ. I am pretty sure its a ap mid because her hand was in a spell gesture in pool party skin design. If that was her of course.

LaxIsBack

09-19-2013

@Ransom

is this new female on fire?

pun intended or not

Jarvan Krislov

09-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Vi's sister associated with flames... feed my tangential imagination!

mike4statefarm

09-19-2013

ty<3