I知 Ransom. Writer on Zac and the upcoming champion (#116). AMAA!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NihilusWolf

09-22-2013

Hello Ransom!

Thanks for doing this. I would just like to have some input between the distinctions of X and C.

They can't be one and the same. They are certainly not the same person since X's style seems more gritty and display-like (the graffiti being the art motif). Caitlyn's judgment clearly defines C as a male thief who leaves a calling card with an ornate C. Is it possible they are criminals in collaboration? Or have similar ideals?

Am I catching on?

T Jiyeon

09-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post

Almost certainly a ranged mage or marksman of some kind. I spoke earlier of my dream of getting more cowboys and cowgirls in the game. I also have found that I tend to gravitate to the fantasy of the formidable, unapproachable female: Morgana, Zyra, and Lissandra. That probably says something about me.
so basically you like getting dominated pretty much?

Zarya

09-22-2013

So Ransom

Does 116 use Shotgun Gauntlets like Yang from RBWY? also does she prefer to fihgt from a distance or up close?

Suicae

09-22-2013

Make an official league comic book. plxthnxbai

BoneSaw Hero

09-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Hanging out with some of my favorite people and talking about our favorite champs all day. Also, working on secret stuff and getting excited because we know it would BLOW YOUR MINDS if you knew.

Generally, I want do more storytelling, both in the game and out. You've already seen some of our efforts to do this with the Lucian login screen - this was the first time we animated the story of a champion, told in his own words. And as far as I can tell, you guys were digging it. So we'd like to do more!

I'm working on a post about a) How to be a writer, and b) More specifically, how to get a job writing in games. Stay tuned.

When can we expect to see the post? i would love to read it.

bloop16

09-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by a boring summer View Post
'C' is the Cat Burglar in Caitlyn's lore. C is the roman numeral for 100.
'X' is the one who vandalized Vi's profile. X is the roman numeral for 10.
'VI' is the sister of X and a champion on LOL. VI is the roman numeral for 6.

How do I know C and X = Vi's sister? Because C + X + VI = CXVI or 116

and what's the number of the champion RiotRansom is working on? Champion #116

You're welcome.

And another color besides Sona's blue is Gragas' orange.
dududuudududuududududuudududuududude highfive

SinoXSKY

09-23-2013

Quote:
I have a question about lore rewrites. Couldn't a champion be much better suited to having lore added more than reworked? Example: Zyra stays exactly the same as she is now. A carnivorous plant thing lived in a jungle, as food was dying out she possessed a sorceress and became humanshaped.... BUT THEN she joins [X] faction and does other stuff?

A: "Great question. As you've noticed, most of our bios are Chapter Ones - telling the beginning of a champion's story. In the Freljord event, we continued the stories for many champions. So yes - we want to do more Chapter Twos. The question is: what's the best way to do that? We're still figuring that out."
Should league have a timeline unit?
As one season goes alone, could be a year or two years have passes in the land of runeterra.
And from that, varieties of events should occur, which will/may includes

1.champions find someone/something. - new champions/items
2.champions involve in same event - pool party/new skins
3.individual event - extended lore/new skin/new relationship between champions

Call me Crona

09-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by a boring summer View Post
'C' is the Cat Burglar in Caitlyn's lore. C is the roman numeral for 100.
'X' is the one who vandalized Vi's profile. X is the roman numeral for 10.
'VI' is the sister of X and a champion on LOL. VI is the roman numeral for 6.

How do I know C and X = Vi's sister? Because C + X + VI = CXVI or 116

and what's the number of the champion RiotRansom is working on? Champion #116

You're welcome.

And another color besides Sona's blue is Gragas' orange.
ya know who else has orange hair? Leona. and sejuani because she's a ginger.

Rodaraujo

09-23-2013

Hi Ransom, since you have experience in screenwriting, how about adapting the lore of the champions into animated shorts for youtube? Or adapting certain lore stories like Rune War Chronicles or something?

AwkwrdRedundancy

09-23-2013

Hi Ransom, first I want to say that Zac has one of my favorite champion designs/lores/personalities (along with pre-change Trundle, Ziggs, Lulu, and Vi.) And when I saw the vandalism on Vi's page my heart skipped a beat and I texted all the league players I know to see if somebody knew what Riot was planning, which lead me here.

I'm really glad you put up this AMAA, since I'm striving to find myself in the same shoes you are in right now: The shoes of a video game writer. Chiefly character concepts. I'm eighteen, and I just discovered this past year my love for writing. I'm currently working up the money to be able to go to a college to dip my toes deeper into the video game pool.

But my main point: How WOULD one-- like yourself-- get into a position like the one you're in? Is it mostly just harassing companies with your work until they let your foot in the door?