I知 Ransom. Writer on Zac and the upcoming champion (#116). AMAA!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sadistic Lulu

Recruiter

09-22-2013

as much as mis derpina LOVES yordles..

your favorite?
least favorite?
any news on bandle city?
why is amumu not part of the shruima, according to the beta site?
and your opinions on veigar and lulu (because i love this pair so much)?

sorry if i'm throwing too many questions at the same time. idk, it's cuz i haven't heard about them anymore...

crzymdscntst

09-22-2013

As to singular hair colors, Gragas is the only orange-haired champ.
White, Black, Auburn, Red, Blonde and such are taken of course by multiple.

The only other hair colors I can think it might be is Blue. (Sona and Rumble... if you count rumble)

We don't have any Green hair though... (Soraka skin about it?) So I can see maybe a short haired guy with green hair being visually conducive. (Caitlyn's nemesis "C" maybe?) Other cases would be a wilderness-based style... something more Kumungu or Yordle.

Speaking of Gragas though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Great question. As you've noticed, most of our bios are Chapter Ones - telling the beginning of a champion's story. In the Freljord event, we continued the stories for many champions. So yes - we want to do more Chapter Twos. The question is: what's the best way to do that? We're still figuring that out.
1. My concern is Gragas. Out of all the lore reworks and tweaks and progression. Him being in Freljord seems like just an incident, rather than something that contextually makes sense. He's really due for a visual rework as well as probably a kit fix/tweak/rework... but can we expect to see him end somewhere more fitting? Like Bilgewater?

2. Nocturne as he fits in the scheme of things... Zed's Shadow Box might be notable for a connection. Could you see that working?

3. As to the Lore-based skins... They're a terrific way to expand on the past or future of many of the champs, both lore-wise and visually. I think I'd like to see at least 1 other time in the future or past of any given champ as a skin. Can you think of any champ this might be difficult or nonviable? (Naut, Morde, and such seem the most apparent, since it's hard to envision a future for them... whereas Morde himself has an unapparent past or focus.)

4. Female in a suit. Make it happen? Zyra was my pick personally.

5. Shaco lore makes him out to be a puppet. Albeit a puppet with strings now cut. He's one of the fun, but slightly dead-ended designs. Any ideas as to making him have a more solid lore, while retaining a safe distance from Batman and the Joker?

6. The Black Rose... Leblanc and Swain are terrific designs. (Though Leblanc's rework made her less fun, overcomplicated it a bit, and generally was non-conducive to making her a more solid champ.) However, as to the Black Rose, has anyone at Riot bounced any ideas about on it? I remember back when I polled people on the forum about what area of character backgrounds and future character lore and design they'd like delved into, the Void and Black Rose ended up tying at over 20 each. I'm not asking for specifics, but rather if any interest has been taken into it.

The Neverworld

09-22-2013

"crzymdscntst"
Read more posts from Ransom, he stated "She", so its not a guy.

Limakoko808

09-22-2013

if u count Rumble as having blue hair u should count Twitch as having green hair

Nearbeer

09-22-2013

Quote:
Hi guys,
I generally like standing in the back and bursting people down, or immobilizing them so other people can kill them. I also jungle Zac (of course) and Sejuani, and jump at the chance to play Ashe when people let me. (Which isn稚 often.)
May I recommend you learn to play Orianna? A great suit for your playstyle.

PteraBite

09-22-2013

Will 116's release skin be something to do with a certain DC character?
A DC character that has an association with cats...and bats?

The Neverworld

09-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PteraBite View Post
Will 116's release skin be something to do with a certain DC character?
A DC character that has an association with cats...and bats?
Soooo... the new champ looks like Penguin?

Name:  Penguin3.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  19.1 KB
Click image for larger version

Name:	Penguin.gif
Views:	53
Size:	498.1 KB
ID:	784975

crzymdscntst

09-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Neverworld View Post
"crzymdscntst"
Read more posts from Ransom, he stated "She", so its not a guy.
The new champ is a "she"... a champ with green hair is more easily envisioned as a male in my head.

Though it's a potential for her to have green hair, the hair color itself speaks all "punk", "nature" or "odd"... which means design-wise, I'm not saying that there isn't a chance it's her hair color, but I am saying that design-wise, green hair short fits a man, long green hair speaks more to the nature aspect. Meaning as a technologically advanced urban society, a female with longer green hair isn't conducive to the idea. Where short green hair brings her design-wise, a bit visually close to Vi.

Ergo, I'm saying green hair would be nice to see, since we've covered the other colors for the most part. However, it doesn't seem likely for this next champ.

Unless I'm missing the assumption that "C" and "X" are the same person. (Which doesn't fit, one is a burglar, the other is a vandal... criminally inclined pastimes, psychologically different crimes.) I don't see "C" using carefully engraved cards and then going all insane and spray-painting "X" as their symbol.
Unless we're dealing with multiple personalities... which might be a fun concept to toy with, but not quite the mark without careful design.

Ailith088

09-22-2013

Quote:
What I'm hearing a lot from you guys is that you would love to see more lore-related skins. Me too! I'll start pitching more of these ideas to the skins team. I personally would KILL KILL KILL for a Redeemed Morgana skin, one where she looks pleasant and heroic.
In regards to this, can we get voice overs to match "redeemed" skins? For example, I love Justicar Syndra, but she still has her usual, rather hostile "I'm super powerful so stay out of my way or I'll kill you" voice clips. It just seems weird. :\

Also, could 116's hair be green? Only Twitch has green hair/fur, unless you count Thresh's ghostly dreads.

PteraBite

09-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Neverworld View Post
Soooo... the new champ looks like Penguin?

Attachment 784978
Attachment 784975
More or less. At least now I can put a face to the name.