I知 Ransom. Writer on Zac and the upcoming champion (#116). AMAA!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Neverworld

09-21-2013

Good day or good morning Ransom :P

I really feel sorry for you, reading and answering those wall of posts.. I really wouldnt disturb you further, but as this is an AMAA, you probably would like or atleast find it not so bad.

Currently, I'm on my way studying. I want to be a Game Designer, asides from that, I always loved to draw. I've began about 6-7 years ago to begin to draw. First, I loved to draw Greatswords or Longswords. There are so freaking many variations of what it looks like. Sharp, solid, with crystals, in every shape.

Then I've began about 4 months ago to start drawing more. Axe's, Scythe's, Halberd's and Character as well.

I also have written 15 Concepts within those 4 months in Fan Creations to get some feedback of what I could change, make it different or better. As I don't want to further take your time, because I think you make a awesome job like you did before, would you care to elaborate some lore that I've written? Of course just a small summary, not the lore itself. About the boundaries and the connections and source. Why do I ask you this now? Because you stated once in this thread that Riot likes to unveil the background lore from many Champions, but it needs some time. I want to be better in any way, no matter if just with LoL or future plans. So I was asking myself if my ideas are a total throw-away or not.

1# Ograine, a Frostguardian from the age of the Watchers. I've made him in first line, because Lissandra has no real ally except Trundle, but he's more a silence ally. But Ashe has Tryndamere and Gragas, Sejuani has Olaf, but Lissandra has noone really. I also suspect Trundle as a traitor, lore technically. So, Ograine was once a Warrior from a Kingdom at the Watchers time, he was the king's guard and lost his king due to a assault while travelling to an ally of the kingdom. He then walked away, found himself in the ice region Freljord, found from the Watchers, he showed many times that he's capable of being a Immortal, same as the three sisters (Lissandra, Avarosa..). Avarosa was rebelling, as we know, but before, she trapped him in infnite ice, then the Watchers were destroyed. Centuries passed and Lissandra, the Ice Witch, took over the Tribe and from that point, her dark ice took slowly over the land, reaching Ograine and himself in stasis, freeing him and a new ally is born.
Ograine is the Frostguard of the Watchers, maybe the tribe also named itself because of him.

2# Surion, a homeless kid without a family, grown up to an adult, but Noxian militia captured him offguard. Forced to be in the army, he never felt to help those who didnt care about him. As a war arrived, he stumbled down in the battle and all his surrounding soldiers died, the blood went in his face and then he began to be an Berserk, killing hundred of enemy soldiers, even some of his allies. After some time, graduation from Noxus, he went alone against a whole army, got killed by a trap, his heart got taken out and his body was left over. Noxus tried to revive him(Like Sion), but without a heart, it is impossible. Zaun scientist arrived and noone could help, except one. Viktor. Viktor didnt care much about helping others, but he once wanted Surion to be a personal guard. He built a mechanical heart for Surion, and received a free-wish from Noxus. He demanded a special thing, a thing that is highly secured and not purchaseable. [OOC] This could refer to another experiment like Blitzcrank, but now Viktor receives all credits

3# Mortalis, a Darkin. He seeks for battle and war, so he decided to transform to a human with the help of an talisman. After some months, he had human feelings, turning back as an Darkin, he slayed innocent peoples, but turned back. Then there it began, the splitting. Two personalities, the human and the Darkin. Both strong, but the human is stronger, taking over the part of controlling. The human didnt wanted that the bloodlust takes over him again.

4# Mayros. Son of King Jarvan Lightshield III. Sent to exile with his mother, the King never accepted a bastard. Going through pain and sorrow, after many years, his mother dies. He swores to take revenge on his father, King Jarvan. On the way to Demacia with a ship, the ship got destroyed and he went unconscious. Arrived in Shadow Isles, he goes further and found a cave. In its cave, there is a black orb that he touches and he felt again unconscious. Waking up, the black orb was bound to him and didnt let him go from the Shadow Isles away. Many, many years passed and he decided to suicide and jumped into the sea, lying on the ground of the sea and waiting for his death. He awakes, the orb made him undead. He walks on the ground of the sea to Valoran, to finally revenge his mother.
[OOC] I'm not sure if I should change the ending or atleast add to the ending. Mayros wants to take Revenge on his father, King Jarvan. Wether King Jarvan dies by illness and Mayros takes revenge then on the field of Justice against Prince Jarvan, or Mayros kills King Jarvan, attract the attention from Prince Jarvan and fighting in the league. OR King Jarvan decides to take a role in the League and then both fight each other.

I have more Concepts outgoing, but these are the ones I want some feedback from you, as an Rioter and in the same time a creator of legends. Also, those Concepts are the ones who are bound to already existing Champions and their lore.

MrCroc987

09-21-2013

"Vi sTaNdS fOr STUPID. RuNnInG aLL oVeR ToWn WiTh SiLLy HaT LaDy,VI CoUlDnT sOlVe a CrImE iF A CrImiNaL sNuCk Up BeHiNd HeR aNd ShOt HeR iN tHe HeAd - I MeAn TuRnEd HeRsElF iN - WaIT- WhaT wAs I sAyInG? oH YeAh, VI DoEsEnT GeT It: RuLeS aRe MeAnT To Be BrOkEn, LiKe BuIlDiNgS, Or PeOpLe!!! IlL Be bAcK sOoN EnOuGh. No OnE DIE sCrEaMiNg WiThOuT ME!!!!"

You know what this reminds me of?

"TC: MaN eVeRyWhErE i LoOk...
TC: aLlS i SeE iS mOtHeR****iN mIrAcLeS.
TC: It'S sO sPiRiTuAl, AlL tHeSe mIrAcLeS aNd ****.
TC: oK lIkE jUsT bE tAkIn tHiS ****iN **** bOtTlE oF ****iN fAyGo I jUsT cRaCkEd Up OpEn.
TC: AnD hOw It'S bEiNg AlL lIkE hIsSiNg AnD ****.
TC: mOtHeR****iN hIsSiNg MaN, wHo WeNt AlL aNd ToLd It To Do ThAt?
TC: HoW wOuLd It EvEn Do ThAt, It'S cRaZy.
TC: iT's A mIrAcLe."

Gamzee!

#116 is an insane juggalo that will most likely become the most important character in League of Legends!

Zyxia

09-21-2013

Quick question:

Champion #116 obviously has something to do with the letter/number "X", based on the graffiti plastered on Vi's page, but the one at the bottom is an underlined X. Is this meant to be a separate symbol? Or is it literally an underlined X, and people are looking too far into it?

Rozencrants

09-21-2013

Its speculated that JinX is her name due to new files in the PBE having data for somebody/something named "Jinx". Marked by the X, possibly showing Vi (roman numeral 6) and her sister JinX (roman numeral 10).

Valodor

09-21-2013

I was just wondering how the Ionian champions feel about each other. More specifically how does Ahri feel about the other Ionians? Her new profile says she is friends with Wukong, but was that just because they are both animal people?
Also can the next Ionian champion look Ionian and be good and not be against the Ionian government? The last 3 Ionian champions are Varus, Syndra and Zed.
Also can the next major city state patch like the Freljord one be one for Ionia?
As you can see Ionia is my favorite city state (mostly because of Ahri) so now I'm going to list all the Ionian champion so you can talk about them! (And show you the champions you can work with for an Ionian City State patch! =D) Ahri, Akali, Irelia, Jax, Karma, Kennen, Lee Sin, Master Yi, Shen, Sona, Soraka, Syndra, Udyr, Varus, Wukong, Xin Zhao and Zed.

Neriulthi

09-21-2013

The new champion is from Jet Set Radio Future.

The Neverworld

09-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozencrants View Post
Its speculated that JinX is her name due to new files in the PBE having data for somebody/something named "Jinx". Marked by the X, possibly showing Vi (roman numeral 6) and her sister JinX (roman numeral 10).
Very interesting. It may be that JinX is just a project name. Sometimes Riot wants to irritate us by giving false information like these, and then something else comes up. But I think it's not Vi's sister, maybe something new revealing Vi's lore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valodor View Post
I was just wondering how the Ionian champions feel about each other. More specifically how does Ahri feel about the other Ionians? Her new profile says she is friends with Wukong, but was that just because they are both animal people?
Also can the next Ionian champion look Ionian and be good and not be against the Ionian government? The last 3 Ionian champions are Varus, Syndra and Zed.
Also can the next major city state patch like the Freljord one be one for Ionia?
As you can see Ionia is my favorite city state (mostly because of Ahri) so now I'm going to list all the Ionian champion so you can talk about them! (And show you the champions you can work with for an Ionian City State patch! =D) Ahri, Akali, Irelia, Jax, Karma, Kennen, Lee Sin, Master Yi, Shen, Sona, Soraka, Syndra, Udyr, Varus, Wukong, Xin Zhao and Zed.
I would more recommend a hidden underground base between Noxus and Ionia. Somewhere deep in the sea between both countries, there is a small and forgotten dome where ruins and mysterious magic lies.

As we know, Ionia and Noxus are fierce enemies, but such a opportunity like a new base.. it would maybe lead to a war. The next map could be under this dome.

I think it would lead to more attention for Noxus and Ionia, since both countries fight only on the field of justice against each other.

Scrubby Yum Yums

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2013

Ransom, I've just realized you're the perfect person to ask this kind of question. On the only map of Valoran that I know of (Possibly all of Runeterra, but there could easily be other continents) there's a few places that I don't think have seen the light of day. I have no idea how current that map is is, since things can change and Mt. Gargantuan is now Mt. Targon from what I've gathered, but is there anything you can tell me about the Fyrone Flats?

Clearly they're flatlands and from the small depiction they appear to be salt flats or something similar, however, are there settlements there? People at all? Are there even creatures? It's south of the barrier, so it's in that little niche in Valoran where things get a bit hairier. I've always been weirdly attached to that place, curious about its nature and (as a role player on a separate forum dedicated to League of Legends) I've always wanted to be able to know more about it, its ecosystem, any sentient inhabitants, if there are any plans for the area, or if there's anything about the place I've missed or misinterpreted while poring over the available lore documents.

TL;DR "Fyrone Flats; What's the Deal With That Place?"

Kaiser King XIII

09-21-2013

Hey there Ransom, hope you are having a good day. First of all, I love your work on the Freljord journey and the Aatrox mystery.
Something I have been wondering ever since the web site got the update is the section of a champs friends and rivals. Some of those relations are explained on their lore like why Master Yi and Wukong are friends or why Soraka and Warwick are rivals. But some of those relations aren't explained. Some where explained when the JoJ still existed ( like Maokai and Malphite are friends or Annie and Amumu). But some relations might need more info like why are Lulu and Veigar friends? Does Lulu sees Veigar as a friend because of his magic powers and not as a master of evil? Does Veigar sees Lulu as a possible right hand yordle for evil? It would be nice to have in the champion's pages an indication as to why that relation, something like a quote of the champion saying what they think of each other or something like that.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

Killme304

09-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Final Fantasy Tactics
Instant upvote