I知 Ransom. Writer on Zac and the upcoming champion (#116). AMAA!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leon Hinomoto

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keikomatsui View Post
Maybe it already is.
Or Lb x Lb clone.

Or zed x lb x zed clone x lb clone.

That seems Runaan worthy.
I think we can fit some Shaco and Shaco clone in there.

NotBuzzJack

09-20-2013

"X wuz here"

So can we call her 10?

Drakonitus

09-20-2013

Ransom, the new girl champion is prettier than Ahri? In your opinion.

PyroPhoenix

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
We focus on 1) making the coolest stuff we can, and 2) pleasing as many of our players as possible, world-wide. Our goal is to make every region feel included and appreciated.
This is a mouthful, but here goes:

I'm all for diversity, and global appreciation. I really love several of those skins/champs. But I can't help but feel like that idea has turned into an avoidance of American themes. Off the top of my head, the last time we had a *strictly* American reference was basically Uncle Ryze. Sure, we had some Red, White & Blue with the old Olympics-themed skins, but that was still a global celebration/event.

I'm glad that you want more cowboys (and indians?), that's definitely a great start (I'm not sure what else, other than sports-themed skins, which could be neat too (dunkmaster )) I do understand that since America is a "melting pot" that it is hard to define our culture in its current state.

BUT- do you think that Riot could do a better job of celebrating OUR roots, history or culture? Especially being a veteran, I'd really love to feel proud about a champ/skin in that way, for my country. Give me that reason!

Thanks for listening.

Fyaddon

09-20-2013

This is X, I have discovered her.
http://puu.sh/4wgqP.jpg

NA Darklarik

09-20-2013

Ransom, Yordles and backstories aside, i have to ask the real question that youve yet to answer:

WHO IS THE NEXT VOID CREATURE? WILL IT BE OUT THIS YEAR?

GwingMaster

09-20-2013

I just wanted to throw this out there as something for you "becoming a writer" megapost - I'm currently working as a writer for a startup company and discovered that sometimes it can be difficult being a creative-minded person working with engineers/coders who tend more towards the nuts and bolts of the game rather than the story elements.

As a writer, what are some of the biggest sources of frustrations for you during your time working in games, especially in relation to working with large teams of people on a single project?

On a different note - I love the more animalistic champions (Rammus for example) and was just wondering if you guys plan to have more of these creature-type champions in addition to the human ones? (NO, YORDLES DON'T COUNT) Shyvana and Elise are awesome, but they still start as humans before shifting forms.

Katテ。rina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
I think this is a super cool idea. I've never thought of Katarina as evil, really, and I could easily see her being forced into a situation where she has to ally with Garen or Riven.
Going off of this answer Ransom. Which side would you see Katarina joining forces with more? Because looking at it, at the end of the day, Katarina fights for Noxus, her home, and her family. Her views and ideas and Demacia's just do not mix(Hint... Kat x Garen would NOT be possible with thier personalities, friendly-rivals? Sure. Romance? Forget about it). Wouldn't Katarina and Riven make a much better team? After all, she did have a Crimson Elite skin in the files at one point. *winks* Katarina, Riven, and Talon would make a nice team to go against Swain, Darius, Draven.

Though that brings up another one. If a Noxian Civil War did begin, what side would Darius be on? Surely he'd begin on Swain's team, but because Swain could not prevent this war, wouldn't that hint that Swain isn't strong enough to keep Noxus united? Darius is about strength and honor, not trickery and deception. He's blunt and straight to the point. He and Riven/Kat would seem like good allies in their ideals.

And lastly. What is the relationship with Talon and Quinn? Talon, only remembers himself in Noxus as a young kid. Nothing else before that. Only a knife in his hand. He grew up on the streets and trained himself before being found by Marcus Du Couteau. Now, Quinn lost her brother, he 'died' supposedly at a somewhat young age I suspect... 6-8 years old? The same age Talon remembers and nothing before. Could it be possible Talon (Caleb) was thought to be dead, but lived. Became afflicted by amnesia, and wandered into Noxus instead of back to Demacia, as Quinn and Caleb often played in the woodlands bordering the two domains? If you look at Quinn and Talon's splash arts, they have... VERY similar qualities. Hair color, eye color, facial structure, they look the same age. They look like friggin twins is what they look like. Both have a 'bird' theme. And Talon? Knew the path which Quinn hunted the assassin that conveniently lead her right by the place where Caleb (TALON!) had died many years prior. Da theories.

And last but not least.... Katarina x Riven? Yes? You yourself said Kat is not 'evil' but chaotic. She and Riven have a lot of common interests with Noxus, and bettering one self. Think about it~

-Kat疵ina, the Riot Forum Katarina Roleplayer and #1 fan.

Nebula

09-20-2013

Is the line of smoke in the backround of Renekton's pool party splash art reference to the new champion in any way?

6Tiberon9

09-20-2013

Hi Ransom, first of all this is my first post directly to a Riot employee, and for the most part I don't even know if this is still active, but I thought I would give it a shot. I guess my first question would be about Riot as a company, and how exactly I would go about trying to apply to Riot, wether it be as an employee, or an intern, or any sort of relation. I would love to be apart of anything you guys do in some way. Now, I don't wanna hold you up with any personal requests so ill stop...anyhow, when you are in the middle of designing a champion, have you ever tried to expand on a great new concept, and then find out that one small aspect of the character is completely broken? Either good or bad? If you have, then how do you handle that? Would you scrap the champ and start over, or would you spend extra effort to make it more appropriate, and have to sacrifice your original core concept?