I知 Ransom. Writer on Zac and the upcoming champion (#116). AMAA!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolf383

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Great point. There's definitely an oversight here, and we do spend some time discussing same-*** relationships on the team - particularly Runaan. All I can say is we are always looking for ways to strengthen the world of our game. As for Riven x Irelia, I would need to know more about Irelia as a person in order to really believe it - as much as I like playing her, I feel she's a bit thin. And I'd love to take a shot at giving her more story someday.

We focus on 1) making the coolest stuff we can, and 2) pleasing as many of our players as possible, world-wide. Our goal is to make every region feel included and appreciated.

Champion #116 has no obvious ties to Vayne. As for the Night Hunter, I too am curious about whether she works alone or as part of a team, especially in light of the fact that Lucian has a very similar job and is also from Demacia. I honestly do not have the answers here. I just think it's interesting.

Now for some Rioter shoutouts!

It's all about the flash-ult. Watch them scatter!

It's definitely someone who sits on the other side of my cubicle wall, that's for sure.
Please, no not Riven x Irelia

Ethereal Light

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellas View Post
Maybe I'm forgetting someone, but I don't think there's anyone else with purple hair. Ransom said it's the same color as one other champion :P. Purple would be sweet though. considering it's my favorite color.
Morgana!

Nellas

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drasteia View Post
Morgana!
I forgot Lulu AND Morgana, wow. I'm obviously not very awake...

Urgot my Waifu

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellas View Post
Maybe I'm forgetting someone, but I don't think there's anyone else with purple hair. Ransom said it's the same color as one other champion :P. Purple would be sweet though. considering it's my favorite color.
EDIT: I can't believe I forgot about my dear Lulu! Maybe #116 does have purple hair then :O
Morgana too

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2013

is champ 116 a crazy yordle cat lady?

Feral Warwick

09-20-2013

Have you ever thought about making a goofy jungle denizen? Sort of like a World of Warcraft Troll witch doctor. Seeing as the original Witch doctor was cancelled. Or even Well, which was a water elemental.

Basically, what is your stance on revisiting cancelled themes and possibly reincorporating them into new champions?

Mirage Night

09-20-2013

Quote:
Great point. There's definitely an oversight here, and we do spend some time discussing same-*** relationships on the team - particularly Runaan. All I can say is we are always looking for ways to strengthen the world of our game. As for Riven x Irelia, I would need to know more about Irelia as a person in order to really believe it - as much as I like playing her, I feel she's a bit thin. And I'd love to take a shot at giving her more story someday.
It intresting idea regarding Riven. She seems like the person who would not be attract to someone on the physical level, but emotional and to a degree spiritual. I think gender really wouldn't matter in that case.

As for Irelia, again, someone who has a inner strength almost literally unlike any other. So in essence it the type of person I think would attract a person similar to Riven. There would obviously would need to be a very strong reason for these to meet in the first place and require heavy interaction.

Considering Irelia is seen almost a the Poster Child of Ionia, similar to a degree that Riven was once viewed in that context there could be reasons for them to communicate on some sort of level.

If anything I could see them grow a close friends.

blkchaos

09-20-2013

Quote:
肘知 from Texas.
Saint Arnolds or Shiner bock?

Kamku

09-20-2013

From a story perspective we know that noxus you can gain status with power, which was riven liked, but do you think a character showing the weakness of noxus could work?

Also do you think "C" from caitlyn's lore will ever be looked at again? i'm holding out for a thief champ.

Taremt

09-20-2013

Quote:
Give http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...blade+reforged a shot if you got some spare time. Great shot at making a Riven/Irelia FRIENDSHIP actually believable.