I知 Ransom. Writer on Zac and the upcoming champion (#116). AMAA!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devack The Holy

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMI View Post
So let's talk about the Horsemen - Thresh, Mordekaiser and Hecarim. Are they mutually affiliated? Aren't they missing a 4th member in their team (which tropes should dictate to be The Chick)?
Actually, Karthus is widely considered to be the 4th "Horseman" champ.

thumbnail9

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
  • She'd run - and not walk - there to burn the fire WITH A BIGGER FIRE.
  • She'd throw an even louder party at 2:05 AM.
  • I know for a fact that she loves kittens, and this love of kittens is evident in-game!
  • Well, she behaves like she couldn't care less about crushes, so it's hard to say. The closest thing she has to a crush right now is her admiration for Ziggs: "I like your style, bombrat!" is something she might say.

You are a very astute player of our game. Let's just say there's a lot about Riven's past that we don't know yet. And that she'll have to come to terms with it. And that it'll be difficult for her. She's got a long road ahead of her, but no different from the one that we all face. We're all growing, all the time!

I am a candy fiend, and have always gravitated to any color that is purple or pink.

We're all super excited about #116 here, and we've poured a TON of work into her. So many Rioters added extra little touches to her, just so you guys would notice and be happy. She's a very spoiled girl. We think you guys are gonna fall in love with her. And yes, she most definitely has a rivalry with one of the most popular champions in the game.

What I love about Murakami is the way that he combines the language of the hardboiled detective novel with the supernatural elements of, say, Lost. Murakami is a huge Lost fan, by the way. I think his biggest weakness as a writer is his failure to end his novel satisfyingly. That's not entirely his fault - he is so masterful at building suspense and mystery that how could he ever pay it off?
Hopefully by we poured a lot of work into her you don't mean: sometime later after release someone doesn't go "We rushed them" like they have on the past 3-4 champions.

zitchy14

09-20-2013

On a scale from Annie to Syndra, what's 116's bust size?

4thaGe

09-20-2013

So - a tiger riding, flame throwing girl from the Tempest Flats.

note - I don't know much about LoL lore.

FMI

09-20-2013

Oh, hey, I have a question I am earnestly curious about. So considering LoL's popularity in Asia, I was wondering if there has been a conscious decision to integrate Eastern tropes into the game's story-telling (as seen with the Warring Kingdoms skins - particularly J4's -), or whether keeping the "exotic" Western feel of the game would be more resonant in the long run.

I know that ideally the game would have characters that are universally relatable, or to strike a balance, but I'm wondering if this is something that is problematized within Riot.

kiloampbanisher

09-20-2013

What if she were related ti Caitlyn or Jayce?

From what it looks liek she is from Piltover and she would make a great foil to these two champs.

PsychoSim

09-20-2013

#116 is the tattoo arms from Splash party. Punk song gives it away!

Blews

09-20-2013

Welcome back, your gorgeous person.
I wasted(debatable) most of my morning reading your AMAA.

Having played Vi since release, (my self-acclaimed spirit animal,) #116's attitude sounds right up my alley.

From what you said, #116's got a kind of "Hey. I think you're a badass" thing going on with Ziggs.

What about Zilean? Any sort of respect for the Time Bomber?
Or is it more of a "Get out of here, geezer. You're cramping my style" kind of thing?
Too much magic, not enough gunpowder?

RANSOM PLS. KAYLA NEEDS ANSWERS.

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Born in Lubbock, grew up in Richardson. Now my family lives in Plano.
Haha awesome! I was born in Plano, lived in McKinney, moved to Oregon, back to Texas and lived in Lubbock for a while!

TEXAS IS THE BEST!

FMI

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devack The Holy View Post
Actually, Karthus is widely considered to be the 4th "Horseman" champ.
Kewl, I hadn't read his new lore! Though in Riot's website he doesn't seem to be friends with lil' Hec.