I知 Ransom. Writer on Zac and the upcoming champion (#116). AMAA!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EvilTreeSpock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualRobo View Post
That's cool, I'll just kill you all and then claim the spot
You haven't met my friend, who changed his name twice to Riven inclusive names.

And to Ransom, what would you think of a Dynasty Warriors styled game based on League lore? I think there is a lot of potential already written into the lore of many champions. And there is already good material for it in Garen, J4, Urgot, and Kat's lore. Urgot goes and captures J4, Garen then goes and rescues him/defeats Urgot, then I think Kat goes and saves Urgot's body. I think this would be really cool.

Igiveupp

09-20-2013

Ransom, will you play a game of the league of legends with me this weekend? You can be Morgana <3

Alacor

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
A few of my favorite video games: Final Fantasy Tactics
Probably one of my favorite Rioters now.

"All such tales of gods and their miracles are false. Those who would lead prefer that history suit their needs, and rewrite it to see that it does. And why shouldn't they? The fault lies not with them. The reeking masses yearn for gods and miracles. It is their opiate, and they consume it greedily. The people do not endeavor towards greatness, but rather mire them-selves in their petty strifes - shackles on the feet of man. Their leaders give them no more than that for which they clamor. It is history's oldest and most oft-repeated tale. Do men exploit this weakness to dominate their fellows? Mayhap they do. But they succeed only because the people are eager to know such dominion. Gods are only illusions born of man's fear. It is they who see this charade for what it is and join in the pageantry who are to blame."

That game is too good...

Ransom

Creative Designer

09-20-2013
28 of 39 Riot Posts

Good morning! I'm back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel May Cry View Post
1. When it comes to writing stories and lores about a champion do you come up with the story first then apply it to a character or create the story based off the champion handed to you?

2. And lastly do you use past life experiences as an influence to the stories you write for League?
Usually, the writer comes on board last, after seeing some artist sketches and some gameplay ideas. But this is because we writers are lazy. We should be coming up with more of our own champion pitches!

Absolutely. In fact, #116's jokes are loosely based on the preoccupations of ladies who crush on me/I crush on.

EDIT: I mean her joke emotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValoryGirl View Post
Is Zyra going to be included in any lore? She just seems abandoned. ):
Good point. A lot of our indepedent champs - champs without a faction - tend to be a little isolated. That's why we try to give most champs a relationship - rivalry, romantic, etc. - with another champ: to reinforce their place in the world. Thanks for bringing this up. I'll bring it up in our discussons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohawnes View Post
When will the new upcoming champion #116 be teased at with a REAL riot-esque teaser? Before or after worlds are over?

Just a simple "before" or "after" is all I ask lol.
Buckle up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoram View Post
But I know you kind of ripped off the idea of Zac's story from that crappy horror sci-fi movie splice

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1017460/

care to comment about why you chose to take elements from that and make it into zac, well besides the crappy movie part of course.

First of all, Splice is a cool movie. But out of all the movies out there, THIS is the one you accuse me of ripping off? What about Gremlins? Or Frankenstein? Or The Fly? I mean, come on - SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN SPLICE - Zac never HAS *** WITH HIS PARENTS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talix of the 35 View Post
Do you know of any plans to develop story related to the Void?

And will there be some more character interactions (like Vi and Cait or Kha and Rengar) added for already existing champions later? (my initial hope being Jarvan IV and Swain of course)
You can assume that we are working on story for all factions that have not yet gotten their moment in the spotlight. And to be honest, adding interactions for champions already in the game is possible, but we focus our resources on newer champs because messing with old ones can get messy. That being said, I can see a day in the future when we go back and retrofit the older champs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ternce View Post
Will Lore re-writes ever stop, or are will they continue to be overhauled every year or so?
As someone who touches every bio that is released or revised, I would love to take a vacation and say that lore re-writes will end someday. But I'd be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmookpup View Post
Will we ever see more action with the Shadow Isles, kinda like the Freljord patch?
The Shadow Isles had an event when Elise was released - a bunch of champions had their lore updated. And we just released a Shadow Isles rival in the form of Lucian. So it's going to be a while. But! I would say when the next Shadow Isles champion is released (and I honestly don't know when that is), we'll find out more about this mysterious and dreadful place.

Wolf383

09-20-2013

Again, don't do anything drastic with that Riven thing you were talking about!

ZenMasterSteelix

09-20-2013

Ransom! Tell me more about my Riven! D= What are you doing to her in the future? Don't hurt her. ;-;

Editted for typo gremlins.

Soarent

09-20-2013

Hey I'm in school and was wondering how long did it take for 116 concept to be made?

Wolf383

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMasterSteelix View Post
Ransom! Tell me more aobut my Riven! D= What are you doing to he rin the future? Don't hurt her. ;-;
This! ^^^

Atares

09-20-2013

In FFT what jobs/classes is your team setup?

Flytrap

09-20-2013

WTB a Red Mage style champion.