I知 Ransom. Writer on Zac and the upcoming champion (#116). AMAA!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ransom

Creative Designer

09-19-2013
1 of 39 Riot Posts

Hi guys,

Despite working here for over a year, I致e never introduced myself properly to the community, so this is my AMAA Ask Me Almost Anything.

If I don稚 answer your question, I知 either not the right person to answer it, or I知 sworn to secrecy, or I致e already answered it in the thread.

About me:

My Twitter is @RiotRansom.

I知 a writer here at Riot, working primarily on champions, new champion concepts, and champion teasers like the Zac journals, Quinn痴 Freljord journey, and the Aatrox mystery. I also come up with cool special projects like the Lucian login screen!

In my first days working here, I helped pitched a bunch of new champion concepts like Zed, Vi, Thresh, and Nami.

The first champion I wrote for was Zac. My second champion is #116, who is a FEMALE - can you handle the spoilers?! (I just don稚 want to have to refer to her as him/her for the rest of this thread.)

Quinn X Jarvan OTP. Shyvana who? :P Actually, my favorite romance in the game is between an existing champ and a champion who has yet to be released. Runaan disapproves of this romance in the same way your lame parents disapprove of your sweet prom date. Runaan is grumpy like that.

As I致e said earlier, if it were up to me, we would pair off all the champions into couples, and then there would be no reason for all this fighting! A prosperous (and romantic!) peace would descend over Runeterra, and League of Legends would become a game about making babies, not about killing people to obtain gold, and then buying items with that gold to kill even more people! Madness!

I知 from Texas. So obviously, my dream is to get more cowboys and cowgirls in this game.

I studied creative writing in college, and then screenwriting in graduate school. Although I learned a ton in film school and it痴 a big part of me, I would say that it痴 generally not worth the exorbitant tuition you would spend these days. So save your money and don稚 go to film school!

I致e written a bunch of screenplays. One received an award from the people who give out Oscars. None of them has ever been made into a movie, but that may very well change someday...

Before Riot, I worked as a writer and level designer on a Star Wars game and the Mercenaries series. I also co-founded a video game company, secured funding from a publisher, and shipped what might very well be the lowest-selling XBLA title of all time.

A few of my favorite video games: Final Fantasy Tactics, Dead Space, FTL, Wasteland, System Shock 2.

I知 terrible at LoL, but I知 getting better each and every day because of my positive, non-toxic attitude! My most-played champion is Morgana. Nowadays, I love playing Zyra and Malzahar. I generally like standing in the back and bursting people down, or immobilizing them so other people can kill them. I also jungle Zac (of course) and Sejuani, and jump at the chance to play Ashe when people let me. (Which isn稚 often.)

I have walked across the entire nation of Spain, from the French border all the way to the coast. Five hundred miles - about the same distance as San Francisco to Los Angeles. It took about 30 days.

I知 more flexible than anyone in my kickboxing class. And I can beat the stuffing out of anyone in my yoga class.

supergamewizard

09-19-2013

Welcome aboard.
Where did you get your username from?

Radecut

09-19-2013

Can I hold you for a ransom?

w0nderw4ll

09-19-2013

3rd

Edit: You like Final Fantazy Tacticz? Dude that waz my favourite Final Fantazy game out of the zeriez. Well anything before 11 waz pretty dam good but That waz my favourite. I didnt even know you could change clazzez zo my whole team waz complied of zquirez. It took me forever to beat the fking game becauze I had to reach lvl 99 juzt zo my zquirez could get pazt chapter 3 when you fight beliaz. .____. Anyway hi

Can you pozt your work in a link ?

Morgra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2013

Hi Ransom! I hope you have a wonderful time working at Riot and make some great game mechaincs.

Masterm111

09-19-2013

save

Leo the yordle

09-19-2013

When will we see a new yordle champion!? ;_;

Eerds

09-19-2013

tf is hawt C:

Better Ban Vi

09-19-2013

If Vi were to murder/eat Caitlyn, would she really taste like a cupcake?

Flytrap

09-19-2013

Sneak peek on champ #116 soon?