There is no way GTA V's map is bigger than San Andreas' map.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AK47WOLF

09-23-2013

Like, the proclamation was that GTA V is bigger than San Andreas, IV, and Red Dead Redemption combined. I have hundreds of hours logged into GTA San Andreas, and I'm calling bs on that. I'm calling bs on the first claim, nevermind the other two.

I just don't see it. I've just beaten GTA V so I've been around the map a good few times. Maybe from a technical, mathematical standpoint GTA V is bigger. But translated into actual player perspective, there's just no way. I spent extensive time in the countryside in San Andreas. Angel Pine (The little town in the bottom left of the map) was completely cut off from the rest of the world. Completely. Cut. Off. If the claim was made that GTA V was the size of Los Santos + Northern Red County + Las Venturas from San Andreas? I'd believe you, because that's reasonable. But there's simply no way GTA V's wilderness trumps the size of Back o' Beyond, Whetstone, Bone County, Mount Chilead, Blueberry, and Red County, and etc.

I feel like an idiot for standing up against the mathematics, but something isn't being taken into account. Something is missing, and I don't know what it is.

Vicvictorw

09-23-2013

In GTA V, you have three characters that can be on opposite sides of the map that can just be swapped on the fly.

The map's going to seem a bit smaller than one person traversing all of that.

Matake

09-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
I feel like an idiot for standing up against the mathematics, but something isn't being taken into account. Something is missing, and I don't know what it is.
You're missing a life, kid.

ALI OT Historian

09-24-2013

This is probably part of the reason why you don't know anything.