Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Nidalee Guide] - She Only Does Everything

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PatMcGroyne

02-08-2010

I like AP Nidalee a lot but I love AD Nidalee... I usually max primal surge first because I find it helps with my harassing a lot. This is usually what my build looks like in a long game. I usually go well over 10 kills so this really isn't that hard to get.

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Nidalee/b7251e4433b0c267d039e5bd3bc1e703

Q,W,E then when they run I go back into human form auto attack and when they get out of auto attack range (which no one has ever done) I throw my javelin.

I usually start with
primal
jav
primal
bushwack
primal
coug
and then go with what I need from there. Anyone who has ever tried to gank me before lvl 4 has not succeeded so I usually don't go for it until later. I just can't resist going the AD route perhaps we should play one day so you can convince me because I do see a lot of potential.

Joru

02-08-2010

Quote:
GkCHN:
Yeah, but can someone confirm the cooldown limit for 40%? I'm really curious about that one since the Utility mastery adds 15% + 6%, and 3% from Offense mastery. Golem then gives 25%, which puts it above 40%.
And Rylai's + Traps = Slow? Heard this elsewhere too, and would like to know.

The 15% is for SUMMONER SPELLS. Not champion skills. So the max you can get from masteries alone is 9%. That plus cooldown runes can get you to 15%, though.

And yes, Rylai's works on traps. It works on everything except Takedown. It's pretty much THE item for Nidalee apart from Sheen, in my opinion. In cougar form you permaslow anyone in melee range, and in human form you can slow people from way out of your normal range through traps and javelins.

TaigaStance

Recruiter

02-08-2010

Quote:
Joru:
The 15% is for SUMMONER SPELLS. Not champion skills. So the max you can get from masteries alone is 9%. That plus cooldown runes can get you to 15%, though.

I have been enlightened. Had no idea on the 15% recharge time thing, so I guess I didn't read the description right. Remind me to hit level 21 Summoner first.

Rylai's + Traps = Good news for me. I'm set for trigger-happiness. Thanks.

ehukaifalcon

02-08-2010

Well I was just thinking and was wondering if anyone has tried going a AD build with a soulstealer early on, like after sheen. With this you can combine the best of both builds and because of the surrivibilty of Nid you can get huge amounts of stacks fast.

COWP0WER

Recruiter

02-25-2010

Quote:
Meta:
Her abilities scale amazingly with AP

Scale amazingly? Had a look on her she scales:
Jav/ Take: 0.40/-
Bush/Pounch: 0.40/0.40
Primal/Swipe: 0.80/0.20

IMO that's not amazing scales. But trying out Nidalee AP as well as AD.

Note: I might be that this thread is so old, and Nidalee has been reworked.

mutilate23

09-26-2010

The build you use is so terrible I don't even know where to begin. First your runes are pretty off, go mpen reds, mp/5/lvl yellows, cdr blues, hp quints. Your item build is also off for many reasons. Nidalee does not need all that hp, mana, or regen and ill explain why later .

Items: Dorans Ring. Hp pot
Merc boots/sorc
Blasting wand>rageblade
Sheen>lichbane
Zhonyas
Buy wards from first trip till the end and place at dragon and enemy blue.

Skills:E W E Q E R E Q E Q R Q Q W W R W W

The reason you get ragebane is that you can keep it charged fully 24/7 giving you a ton of ap and even a little ad. Combined with lichbane procs you decimate squishys in an instant. Javelin like a champ. And heal yourself and your teammates consistantly.

Play Style
Play aggresive from level 1 on constantly harrasing and healing. Keep them low until you hit 6. Once you get cougar you play up past their creeps comboing anytime they get in range. The result of this is they 1. B, 2. Stay out of range of xp and fall behind or 3. Die to your wrath. When you have the chance go back to base and pick up your first items (and 1-2 wards) and head to your blue and get the buff. Ward dragon, head to your red and pick it up, and ward THEIR blue. Gank or kill mid and rinse and repeat. You now control the buffs and should for the rest of the game. During team fights poke with your spear and harass with auto attacks and heal. Wait for the team fight to get going and find a squishy. Jump in, in cougar form, take somebody out and continute, if they change onto you leap out/flash out, heal and throw spear and so on.

VIVr

09-26-2010

mutilate23 uses Raise Thread!
It's not very effective...

Computerz

Recruiter

09-26-2010

Quote:
mutilate23:
The build you use is so terrible I don't even know where to begin. First your runes are pretty off, go mpen reds, mp/5/lvl yellows, cdr blues, hp quints. Your item build is also off for many reasons. Nidalee does not need all that hp, mana, or regen and ill explain why later .

Items: Dorans Ring. Hp pot
Merc boots/sorc
Blasting wand>rageblade
Sheen>lichbane
Zhonyas
Buy wards from first trip till the end and place at dragon and enemy blue.

Skills:E W E Q E R E Q E Q R Q Q W W R W W

The reason you get ragebane is that you can keep it charged fully 24/7 giving you a ton of ap and even a little ad. Combined with lichbane procs you decimate squishys in an instant. Javelin like a champ. And heal yourself and your teammates consistantly.

Play Style
Play aggresive from level 1 on constantly harrasing and healing. Keep them low until you hit 6. Once you get cougar you play up past their creeps comboing anytime they get in range. The result of this is they 1. B, 2. Stay out of range of xp and fall behind or 3. Die to your wrath. When you have the chance go back to base and pick up your first items (and 1-2 wards) and head to your blue and get the buff. Ward dragon, head to your red and pick it up, and ward THEIR blue. Gank or kill mid and rinse and repeat. You now control the buffs and should for the rest of the game. During team fights poke with your spear and harass with auto attacks and heal. Wait for the team fight to get going and find a squishy. Jump in, in cougar form, take somebody out and continute, if they change onto you leap out/flash out, heal and throw spear and so on.

You realize this guide was made 9 months ago... right? It's outdated.

Carados

09-26-2010

It was terrible when it was new.

The best part so is his.

mutilate23

09-26-2010

this is the build that hotshot still uses you say its bad without a single reason why. inidalee gets the full effect of all of these items. the only thibg I cab think of to do is possibly swap lichbane for rylais, but having both roa and rylais isnt efficient.