Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Nidalee Guide] - She Only Does Everything

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crunx

12-21-2009

hmm seems like a nice build.

i mostly play her physical and late game your cat or human form can have constant crits in the 500s to 600s.

the physical build i favor is sheen into tabi boots, into tri-force then infinity edge followed by phantom dancer. at that point you are free to fill out anything since it is a 40+ minute game.

the skill build is exactly the same though, since traps only need to be level 1 until the very late game.

i usually get all 3 skills 1,2,3 however so i can heal, nuke and trap early as possible.

Gaimcap

12-21-2009

What do you guys think of my item build?

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Nidalee/a3c9acb9be64ec462109dc25c2495f3b

That would be the end result if that were ever possible to be reached (But I've never gotten that far. closest i've been was completion of Nashor's) and so the general buildup looks something closer to this by the end of the game:

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Nidalee/e9a8dbf4aaceee88a1795e7807087b2b

I haven't tried Clairvoyance or Clarity and always taken Exhaust + Teleport (I've found Exhaust invaluable on so many occasions, it's saved both my and my teammates lives so many times). For this reason I usually buy a Meki Pendant and 2 Mana regen potions and grab the heal first (I run pubs and it's rare anyone goes for dragon or golem/lizard first and so the heal/buff is useful for bush skirmishes. After that it's either two levels or spear or a level of spear and a level of trap at 4. Either heal or spear is finished off depending on how the lanes are setup/what i feel my role is (Though I won't lie and will say I pref spear since it's excellent for harass/kills) and traps is saved for last.

Edit: Oh, some general advice that I think is nice for playing Nidalee is that when you're running away, don't forget you can shape shift. Of course go catform and pounce away as much as you can, but don't forget you can set traps and heal yourself in human form and then shift yourself back into cat. I've saved both myself and my teammates lives countless times with it because sometimes the super speed given by catform just isn't enough to get away, but a trap + heal can make all the difference.

KYNB23

12-21-2009

Quote:
Tyrfang:
I have no idea what the hell you mean by "2557 + 200% x thier health + 200% x thier health in 6 seconds."

Try at least some of your builds before giving it out. Tear of the goddess is unique, so it won't stack. I don't know how you can get some combination of 10 kills/20 assists without any deaths by "mid-game." What opponents are you getting?

Also, proof your posts, at least somewhat. They are barely legible.

sorry tyfang i made alittle woopsie i know tears dont stack but if you have archangels and tear they effects are on two different items then you are getting the same effect from two different items thats kinda what i meant i just read it and i realized i fked it up

Sorry thats the damage that you can pump out in about 6 seconds with cougar form i was in a hurry when i wrote this

and i have tried it out give it a shot yourself you will be impressed

Whitemage82

12-21-2009

Lately when playing Nidalee I've been going for cooldown reduction items with AP in order to spam cougar abilities. This has worked really well for me because her heals are always fast and I can spam pounce to run someone down or get away.

Has anyone else tried this? I'm wondering if just going for more AP is better then spamming her abilities.

Gaimcap

12-21-2009

Quote:
Anguish:
Lately when playing Nidalee I've been going for cooldown reduction items with AP in order to spam cougar abilities. This has worked really well for me because her heals are always fast and I can spam pounce to run someone down or get away.

Has anyone else tried this? I'm wondering if just going for more AP is better then spamming her abilities.

I read somewhere that Cool Down reduction caps at 40%. I'm not sure if it stacks additively or multiplicatively but either way you'd hit a hard cap fairly fast and therefore is inefficient to stack, especially since golem buff already gives you a 25% CD reduction.

Edit: I tried Clarity and it works wonderfully . Without the meki it's still enough to sustain me if i play smartly and with it i can spam my spells.

Tyrfang

12-21-2009

Quote:
Gaimcap:
I read somewhere that Cool Down reduction caps at 40%. I'm not sure if it stacks additively or multiplicatively but either way you'd hit a hard cap fairly fast and therefore is inefficient to stack, especially since golem buff already gives you a 25% CD reduction.

Edit: I tried Clarity and it works wonderfully . Without the meki it's still enough to sustain me if i play smartly and with it i can spam my spells.

Clarity works...alright. I tried getting Clarity and it's useful enough to warrant getting it, but I still prefer Flash for survivability.

I tried getting sheen before going RoA and Rylai's, as well as after getting Catalyst. It works, but your survivability, again, is lower than it was before. People have a tendency to focus Nidalee pretty early on for some reason, so it felt tougher to stay alive if you put off getting an RoA or Rylais for so long.

I DID try out Nidalee with golem buff early on, and **** is she awesome. With golem buff, you can harass endlessly with traps and javelin toss. It's ridiculous how much better it makes her early game. If no one else is getting golem, request some help and grab it. If you do get golem, don't bother with traps though, just go with Primal Surge instead until Level 7.

12-22-2009

Quote:
Gaimcap:

Cooldown reduction stacks additively.

Quote:
Tyrfang:
Clarity works...alright. I tried getting Clarity and it's useful enough to warrant getting it, but I still prefer Flash for survivability.

I tried getting sheen before going RoA and Rylai's, as well as after getting Catalyst. It works, but your survivability, again, is lower than it was before. People have a tendency to focus Nidalee pretty early on for some reason, so it felt tougher to stay alive if you put off getting an RoA or Rylais for so long.

I definitely understand where you're coming from on the survivability part. I find that I have to use awareness a lot more to sustain my early-game survivability to help make up for the fact that I don't have a defensive summoner spell. Traps + Clairvoyance do the trick quite nicely, along with communicative teammates.

Usually I go:
Sheen -> Boots 1 -> Giant's belt

I'm usually able to get the Giant's belt around 7-8, which is just in time for the mid-game group fights and Cougar DPS. If I'm a little behind in gold I always have the option to jungle for a bit as well.

Crunx

12-22-2009

do your traps proc rylai's?

DrugLady

02-08-2010

You should try Mejaj's soulstealer early on. If you get some early kills you could then just go with sheen to get all your AP needs sorted, and even more. This should work in the early game where the autoattack deals enough damage on it's own, and you're getting a lot of help from the added AP at the same time.
If you want, add that magic resistance penetration staff for an hybrid build.

Off course, this simple solution is intended for whoever wants to use the rest of the slots for an attack focused build.

The trick? You're trying to solve any doubt about your AP needs, even in late game, by having a very powerful item that forces you to a certain play style in order to get it's benefits.
The good news? ...well, you like kills don't you? good!

TaigaStance

Recruiter

02-08-2010

Interesting guide. I play AD Nidalee since I had bad experiences with AP in my earlier games with her. But that might have been due to inexperience. I may give AP another go sometime since I spam Javelin/Heal/Traps mid-game anyhow. Can't hurt to have sharper claws.
I was surprised to see that you take Bushwack first. I thought I was the only one, because the other Nidalee's I've faced hardly used it before level 6 while I'm there spamming it in the bushes and avoiding their ganks. It's such a useful ability, and the ones who run away thinking they got away only to run into a trap in the bush/beside their tower have some interesting rages/comments about it.

Yeah, but can someone confirm the cooldown limit for 40%? I'm really curious about that one since the Utility mastery adds 15% + 6%, and 3% from Offense mastery. Golem then gives 25%, which puts it above 40%.
And Rylai's + Traps = Slow? Heard this elsewhere too, and would like to know.