So Morello, Where is "The" Lux skin?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RavenHusky

Senior Member

12-17-2013

Is there any further point in bumping the thread any further? Morello came and said that our skin hasn't even begun production yet, so there isn't really anything else that can be said on either side.

When I get home from my appointment with my college adviser, I'll set up another poll thread similar to the one back in April since we still have the opportunity to influence the direction our skin takes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blubberking

Senior Member

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenHusky View Post
Fair enough. In the meantime, what is keeping you guys from changing Sorceress Lux's splash art to the Chinese one? I'd play Sorceress a bit more if it had the better splash art.
On the contrary, I prefer the western rendition. Less template-y, less poster-girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyB3ar View Post
I think the US Riot artists sucks.

Where did they find these people? I call nepotism.
I think you're just hot for the big bewbs and clean lines portrayed in the Chinese. Splash -art- should be more than that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RavenHusky

Senior Member

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubberking View Post
On the contrary, I prefer the western rendition. Less template-y, less poster-girl.



I think you're just hot for the big bewbs and clean lines portrayed in the Chinese. Splash -art- should be more than that.
The thing with the Chinese art is that it is a lot higher quality, on the level of Lux's current default splash art, as well as not making Lux look all derpy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Starlighte

Senior Member

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenHusky View Post
Is there any further point in bumping the thread any further? Morello came and said that our skin hasn't even begun production yet, so there isn't really anything else that can be said on either side.

When I get home from my appointment with my college adviser, I'll set up another poll thread similar to the one back in April since we still have the opportunity to influence the direction our skin takes.
Why bother? In the end, Riot has demonstrated time and time again that they give 0 ****s about the community's opinion unless it LOSES them money. Look at the change from Shurelia's to Talisman. Nobody wanted that and Riot's reasoning was completely awful. Even the LCS announcers still refer to it as Shurelia's.

You can make a poll that every single player in this game participates in, and the best you can get is maybe a Red to bump it and then the art team to sit on it for 9 months before even ideation begins. Then, after that begins, the team somehow has so much on their plate, and it is in my opinion that they have so many time conflicts BECAUSE Riot doesn't make timetables and stick to them, that the project gets pushed back to the point that maybe if you're lucky, 2 years after your poll, Riot will release the skin that the community overwhelmingly declared as their desire.

Truly it is a hopeless endeavor.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GLaD0S

Senior Member

12-17-2013

I'm pretty #SadFayce about this topic too. Realizing that almost a year has gone by and Morello still isn't quite ready to talk about it yet is dangerous and makes me feel like we wont be seeing it until mid 2014. Does lux really need to wait five and a half years for a decent skin that suits her? Can we at least get a model update before that?!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Starlighte

Senior Member

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaD0S View Post
I'm pretty #SadFayce about this topic too. Realizing that almost a year has gone by and Morello still isn't quite ready to talk about it yet is dangerous and makes me feel like we wont be seeing it until mid 2014. Does lux really need to wait five and a half years for a decent skin that suits her? Can we at least get a model update before that?!
B-B-But GLaDOS... Then we can't have our shiny champions released every 2 months with a super amazing release skin!
/end sarcasm
High Noon Yasuo
Secret Weapon Jax
Mafia Jinx
Justicar Aatrox
Hired Gun Lucian

With all due respect Riot, these skin ideas suck horrendously. If this is what we get for fewer champions and higher quality, i'd prefer to go back to S2 where you were releasing them every 2 weeks and they got 2 crappy skins rather than every 2 months with 1 crappy skin.

Lux will NEVER get another skin in my opinion. Riot doesn't have the manpower to produce like they used to whether through lack of hiring or undesirable working conditions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blubberking

Senior Member

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaD0S View Post
I'm pretty #SadFayce about this topic too. Realizing that almost a year has gone by and Morello still isn't quite ready to talk about it yet is dangerous and makes me feel like we wont be seeing it until mid 2014. Does lux really need to wait five and a half years for a decent skin that suits her? Can we at least get a model update before that?!
I'm still standing with you here, IMO Lux is the only champion that deserves over 10 skins.
In fact, I have a gorgeous Lux skin idea as a classy Photography Student Lux.


Her E, She'd take out a camera while the subject is in dim light (her slow field) and she'd be in a crouching/creeping movement with viewfinder up to her eye and facing the location of the center AoE until it detonates to a moderate camera flash. (With snapshot sound) She will resume normal running animation when she detonates E. (After she's done "framing" her shot)

Her Ult, would of course be a high powered external flash on the top of her camera chat has to charge up before whiting out everything in front of her in its powerful light. Since it has a long cast time, the animation would differ (she'd set up a tripod and everything)

Her W would probably be a darker shaded lens that's kind of like an ND filter that protects the subjects (the team) from being "over exposed". (A darker bubble of its current animation, but maybe with a slightly more opaque border)

Her Q would probably be in a Sepia color gradient (shades of brown) with old similarly colored film flaking off of the orb as it travels. When she "Captures" a subject with Q, maybe the wall of light around them would turn to a cylinder of unraveling film.

Her attire might be like a student with a shoulder sling bag on the side stuffed with her camera components, she may be in a green coat with denim jeans, brown shoes with beige pom-poms and brown fingerless gloves and circle glasses to finish the look. (Her blonde hair will be curly)


I even married her in S2. If I could draw, I'd illustrate the idea, I have so many ideas vivid in my head for skin champs, but Lux is the only champ IMO.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solari Eclipse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-18-2013

I saw a shirt on J!nx where Lux is wielding a big ass paint brush and blasting a ray of rainbow paint that splashes out. Why can't Starving Artist Lux be a thing, where she wields said brush, is wearing raggity, dinky, paint splotched clothes, has a red beret on or something, and a palette in her offhand. Instead of light, she blasts you with paint, her passive has you doused in the stuff. Her Q is a big ball of paint, she throws her palette at allies for a shield, her E leaves a splot of paint on the ground. And she blasts the ray of rainbow paint for her ult. You could make it a 1350, Legendary, or even Ultimate if you really wanted. Be fairly easy, I'd think.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fljrshfnoslf

Member

01-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solari Eclipse View Post
I saw a shirt on J!nx where Lux is wielding a big ass paint brush and blasting a ray of rainbow paint that splashes out. Why can't Starving Artist Lux be a thing, where she wields said brush, is wearing raggity, dinky, paint splotched clothes, has a red beret on or something, and a palette in her offhand. Instead of light, she blasts you with paint, her passive has you doused in the stuff. Her Q is a big ball of paint, she throws her palette at allies for a shield, her E leaves a splot of paint on the ground. And she blasts the ray of rainbow paint for her ult. You could make it a 1350, Legendary, or even Ultimate if you really wanted. Be fairly easy, I'd think.
Lol I actually kinda like that idea.
I want either a dark/evil theme for her or a silly kinda skin.
The paint idea is pretty cool.
It would be cool tho if the ult was a different color everytime.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mindspeaker

Senior Member

01-07-2014

Summer fun Bikini lux pls.