So Morello, Where is "The" Lux skin?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Level5syndrome

12-17-2013

...almost 2 years later...

Still SOON TM.

Haha riot, never change!

CrimsonBlader24

12-17-2013

Morello, is there any word on a new Malzahar skin? While everyone is here whining about Lux, who just got a new skin a few months ago, Malzahar hasn't had one in over 2 years! I completely realize that you guys have a lot of work under your belt at Riot, I'm just curious to see if anything will be coming soon(TM). Thanks!

BaddieMcScrub

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Soon(TM)

Though in all seriousness, we still want to do this. What form it takes and when is still up in the air a bit. No news yet!
So another stitch in the "Riot mentions project and promptly drops it" pattern?

I used to attribute it to working on video games being hard but after doing a fair bit of research it just turns out that Riot has poor management and teams generally have a hard time seeing any individual projects through to completion.

"Soon TM" used to be a cute way of saying "we're working on it and it'll be done when it's done!" but now it just means "we don't want you, the consumers, to hold us to any sort of deadline because that would mean we'd have to commit to something and complete it in a timely fashion." Working at Gearbox last summer as an associate opened me up to how much work can get done under good management, and Riot really has no excuse, especially with the sheer manpower you guys have.

Still waiting on the new Lore platform, updated splash arts (which apparently take a month at Riot when similar work at any other company takes around 10-15 hours, depending on the complexity of the splash), replays, follow-up work on Dominion/Twisted Treeline, etc.

I used to have sympathy whenever I heard you guys say "don't get mad at us, game development is really hard!" but I've seen how other dev companies work and it really all comes down to good management which Riot frankly does not have. Why do you think you guys have such a hard time holding onto talent? Why do you think that most of the dev positions open are leadership positions?

Stark6000

12-17-2013

Quote:
Depends on the skin - normal skins are faster to make than Legendaries of course. Ultimates are massive undertakings - I think 9+ months per, considering new tech and bugs also.

Mindbullets actually has this kind of information, and it's morphed quite a bit since I worked more closely with the skins team

It takes you guys 9 months to make a reskin. 9 months to make a make a single game model? 9 months? How? That's almost an entire year.

Seigmoraig

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2013

Quote:
To be honest, I thought that too, but we (and I think correctly) focused on making sure to do skins for some underserved champions first. That changed the equation a bit too.

and how exactly does that translate to a 5th sivir skin when Diana only has 1 ?

GrumpyB3ar

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordeliagallo View Post
It also doesn't help that China's splash art looks sooo much better than ours..

Edit:

China

Attachment 782155

...'Murica

Attachment 782156
I think the US Riot artists sucks.

Where did they find these people? I call nepotism.

Luninareph

12-17-2013

Here's hoping for Sailor Moon Lux. Would buy on release.

RavenHusky

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luninareph View Post
Here's hoping for Sailor Moon Lux. Would buy on release.
Same.

Morello pls.

Wheeliam

12-17-2013

yes where is the new lux skin?!?!? we only already have 5 amirite? because **** kha'zix and varus right?

GLaD0S

12-17-2013

bumped