So Morello, Where is "The" Lux skin?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flaest

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
To be honest, I thought that too, but we (and I think correctly) focused on making sure to do skins for some underserved champions first. That changed the equation a bit too.
I hope we won't have to wait for another year, anything else is fine=)
By the way, do you guys have any general ideas about her skin? Or you're still unsure of what it should be?

Spitsonkittens

12-16-2013

What kind of engine is League running on that it takes teams of talented developers 9+ months to make a high quality skin? How? Entire games are created in that time.

RavenHusky

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaD0S View Post
But what about blitz, who as noted received two skins in a time period after lux got steel legion. I know they were already in progress, I assume, but then why can't we expect that for lux?
I think that the thing about Blitz was that one was to commemorate the launch of the mac client, and the other being a Riot skin to give out at events. It may have been the exception to the rule because they were both somewhat special skins.

AndyArcanine

12-16-2013

Honestly I'd prefer a rainbow lazer over dark sorceress. All of her skins are military and depressing. We don't need more dark. Unless it's black light Lux. Black laz0r would be sick.

GLaD0S

12-16-2013

Just rain them down morello. Non stop lux skins all year 2014 bring it we know you want too!

RavenHusky

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foshan Ip Man View Post
I just find it weird that people would even hint about something, and not have it at least be released in the near see-able future.

I mean, really you could say "There is going to be an insane Varus skin!!!!!" And suddenly people will speculate what it could possibly be. Meanwhile there is no actual timeframe in which to flesh out ideas and no real deadline as to when this skin NEEDS to be done and created. You just sorta... made the idea to everyone that Varus will have an amazing skin and in their minds= soon, or at least in the near future with updates on its progress. Instead you just sorta... have it in the back of your head.

While you're "Prioritizing" other things. I don't understand, there are too many things you guys "prioritize" it's a wonder how you even keep up the game at all O_o

I just hear that you guys will create something and just sort of place it in the back of my mind because... honestly it'll take you guys forever and a day. I assume my grandchildren will still be waiting for Ao Shin.
The thing is, normally Riot doesn't broadcast these things that far in advance in order to manage expectations, mainly because if they do announce something that far ahead, and people get excited for it, and then suddenly have to cancel the project for some reason, cue pissed off community.

Anyone remember the old Magma Chamber? Or more recently how Lunar Karma got scrapped?

The issue with Lux is that our reaction to Steel Legion Lux kind of forced Riot's hand on this one. Also, Ricklessabandon's failed attempt at PR didn't really help anyone.

GLaD0S

12-16-2013

any way thanks for the birthday present post morello. Ily.

Kid JustSoul

12-16-2013

I, for one, love lux. she is by and far above my favorite champion in the league, and i own half her skins. you're most certainly correct that she doesn't have "the" skin yet. i use Steel Legion because its her best (while clunky... at least the particles are nice) but im pretty dissapointed. i would in mere seconds spend any amount of money for a new skin like Predator Nidalee, Pulsefire Ezreal, BMX (primal) Udyr, or Zombie Brand.

Best Karma Ionia

12-16-2013

Quote:
Soon(TM)

Though in all seriousness, we still want to do this. What form it takes and when is still up in the air a bit. No news yet!
Morello.

What about Karma's Jade Empress or Lunar skins? If they are 'poor quality' just... Update them maybe?

Starlighte

12-16-2013

Quote:
To be honest, I thought that too, but we (and I think correctly) focused on making sure to do skins for some underserved champions first. That changed the equation a bit too.
I'm a bit confused by this. Everyone admits on Riot's end and on the community's end that SLL was a complete disaster... Doesn't the fact that she doesn't have any decent skins OR any decent splash arts that aren't a military theme? I thought that that fact would still keep her on the books for getting a skin.

Apparently, from the sounds of it from your first two posts Morello, there hasn't even been ideation on a Lux skin. Sweet, I am SO thrilled about that.

Really though?... Really?