Question for Cho'Gath players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Motas

12-21-2009

What are your starting items, I'm just wondering if there's any way I can get more out of my early game phase.

My starting items are usually:
Boots of Speed
1 Health Potion
1 Mana Potion

What are you guys using and what have you found to be most effective.

Second Question:

Is Cho'Gath a viable jungler? (I've heard rumors, but I really doubt it)

Thx in advance
-Motas

cycoconutz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2009

I go health ruby with vorpal spikes for skill. Allows to me keep melee from farming, keeps my hp/mana up if i can get enough minion kills, and if im shut down by ranged, i have enough hp to at least leech for a while.

boots are usually a buy for my first recall home assuming i dont get fagged before 350g

as far as jungling, i sweep through and devour things if its up or blow all my spells on the golem and devour kb around 11+. or with lvl 4+ ravage ill usually get the wraiths if opportune.

just depends on my hp/mp and lane situations as far as the jungling goes, i dont devote too much to it

Motas

12-21-2009

I failed to mention that I'm playing AP/tank Cho'Gath, meaning I don't get vorpal Spikes till later

Mr Spatula

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motas View Post

Second Question: Is Cho'Gath a viable jungler? (I've heard rumors, but I really doubt it)

Thx in advance
-Motas
1. I always get Regrowth Pendant, even when I solo mid. Along with Cho's passive, this helps stave off any harassment and helps you stay in the lane longer. 14HP/5sec * 5 minutes = 840HP + (40 to 82)*(minion kill)

2. Only time I'll jungle is to grab the lizard buff or quickly leaving mid lane for a wave if I need enemy minions/hero away from their tower.

Motas

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spatula View Post
1. I always get Regrowth Pendant, even when I solo mid. Along with Cho's passive, this helps stave off any harassment and helps you stay in the lane longer. 14HP/5sec * 5 minutes = 840HP + (40 to 82)*(minion kill)
Then I guess the question is:
What do you turn the regrowth pendant into?

My endgame build (I rarely lose this way) is usually:
Boots of Swiftness
3XRod of Ages

It sounds simple and useless, but it really isn't. This way, I have a ton of hp and mp as well as AP

Note:by viable jungler, I mean jungle from lvl 1

killd0zer

12-21-2009

Quote:
What are your starting items, I'm just wondering if there's any way I can get more out of my early game phase.

My starting items are usually:
Boots of Speed
1 Health Potion
1 Mana Potion

Second Question:

Is Cho'Gath a viable jungler? (I've heard rumors, but I really doubt it)

Thx in advance
-Motas
i go regen amulet, and wing it.

he ca jungle a bit, especially with feast, it is easy to get buffs, ad with alot of turns, landing rupture in a jungle is easy if your good

Mr Spatula

12-21-2009

Quote:
Then I guess the question is:
What do you turn the regrowth pendant into?

My endgame build (I rarely lose this way) is usually:
Boots of Swiftness
3XRod of Ages

It sounds simple and useless, but it really isn't. This way, I have a ton of hp and mp as well as AP

Note:by viable jungler, I mean jungle from lvl 1
1. 95% of the time I get Warmog's - great value for the HP and regen.

2. I would recommend against 3 ROA's, since each rod takes 15 minutes to max, and most games don't last over 45-60 minutes.

3. Personally I don't think Cho is a viable jungler @ lvl1, but I'm open to new ideas.

WhitemageofDOOM

12-21-2009

Quote:
I failed to mention that I'm playing AP/tank Cho'Gath, meaning I don't get vorpal Spikes till later
Dude, WTF? Vorpal spikes is what makes cho'gaths early game so good. Rupture and scream ain't got nothing on spikes during the laning phase.

Anyways, Regrowth pendent -> Warmogs.

Razerwind

12-21-2009

Yeah HP regen is a good idea early but I also agree with waiting on spikes. Get Rupture and scream and max them out ASAP. A rupture => scream combo will have enemy champs running for their lives.

I also agree with the rod of ages build. Though Rylai's is a good idea on him as well.

WesleyC

12-21-2009

Based on a lot of games playing Cho'gath I've settled on:

Doran's Shield & HP pot
Basic Boots
Sheen
Boots -> Berserker /Mercury
Sheen -> Trinity Force
Frozen Heart

Starting with a Doran's Ring is also reasonable, but between Clarity Glyphs, Cho'gath's passive and golem buffs I find mana is too much of a problem.

Skill build:

1. Rupture
2. Vorpal
3. Rupture
4. Vorpal/Silence (If the silence is needed to cancel an ult)
5. Rupture
6. Feath
7. Rupture
8. Silence
9. Rupture

After that I leave the final points of Vorpal Spines until last.

I experimented with a number of different builds but found Maxing rupture first is by far the best, mostly due to the short cool-down. It increases the efficiency of your farming and you can use it multiple times in a gank. Learning to target rupture properly is the key to becoming a strong Cho'gath.