AP EVE vs AD/AP hyrbrid EVE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kaodynamics

12-10-2010

Which one works the best? I like my AP build if anyone sees me run it, they know to piss their pants. But what about you guys? I think AP eve has a very high amount of burst damage for very little start up cost. A problem i see with the AD build with triforce and and bloodrazor. Though the benefit is that you actually stay in the team fight instead of poking in and out. Anyway discuss here.

bliu23

12-10-2010

Jungle -> AD. Anything else, AP. As far as I'm concerned. Eve is really underrated. Only in the very top 1800+ elo is she trash tier. She is a fantastic pubstomper especially when you go jungle, great ganking capability.

Rekirts

12-10-2010

AD jungle is the only way she's viable.

Anox

12-10-2010

I have not tried AD yet, I just bought her about a week ago and I have not been doing very well. Im only getting about 5 kills a game and a bunch of assists. Can you guys give any advice or types or strategies to try?

biomorph

12-11-2010

AP all the way baby, even when jungling. I'll admit that AD makes up a far better jungler in terms of speed but the reason I do not go AP is that later in the game you will be just a semi carry and if you want to go carry'ish you should pick a champion that is better suited.
AP however becomes a beast mid to late game with Lich Bane, Mejai's, Rylai's and Boots of Mobility, add a Zhonya and those casters and squishy carries will almost get instagibbed and THAT is the true potential of Evelynn.
That said I have seen AD and Hybrid Eve's do fairly well but the way I think that Evelynn is to be played is AP and in my opinion is simply uncontested.
Now the matter of opinion may come due to difference in opinion exactly how she is to be played. My take is that you are an assassin and that means you need burst damage which also favors AP. Your job is to roam around a just wait for a gank opportunity, get in, snipe and gtfo. Staying in the battle is often the worst call you can make as Evelynn because you will get focused immediately. Again to do this best you need burst and again we look at AP.
I know that many will say that AD or Hybrid can do that as well ... yes ... but not as good and I prefer to take the best build there is.

Souul Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2010

why not go hybrid? it's good at doing all stuff

M4nTiCoR3

12-25-2010

I have eben playing around with the idea of a hybrid build that foucses on using Rageblade and maximizing its effectiveness by toting enough mp5 to spam hate spike and keep it at 8 stacks almost indefintly. It is all theorycraft right now as i work out the details in my head since I havnt really had time to try it out, but on paper it seems to have some potential.

I will admit to being new to playing eve so I am not sure if this hasnt been done already before. Just a thought...

acosn

12-25-2010

Saying that Evelynn is AP or AD is pretty silly.

Both builds work and inevitably while playing her over the course of a game you're liable to break with a given stat set and dip into the other.

AP evelynns and AD evelynns alike both like to grab Guinsoo's. AP Evelynns end up using Sheen for a while. AD Evelynns will end up grabbing Raileigh's when an enemy is some how able to survive her initial battery.

Jungling likes AD best, laning likes AP best. While jungling as AD you can end up transitioning quite smoothly into a hybrid build, and visa versa.

Ebonclaw

12-27-2010

I was going to do the legwork for this, but if I recall, the last thread had a lot of great stuff, not all in one post, so I'm not going to expend that much effort.

Suffice to say, dig down 10, maybe 20 pages in this forum for another AD vs AP vs hybrid Eve thread. It's good reading, and I explained a LOT about what works for Eve, and why.

Good luck. <3

(EDIT) - Actually, it wasn't pushed down as far as I thought, just found it for ya - http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=400281

sTrikerT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2010

They are about the same, jungle AD will give you easier early game; lane AP takes abit work to last hit.

Mid game AP gives higher burst while AD hits harder if fight continues.

Late game AP has heavy burst from lich bane every few secs, AD has lifesteal and constant dps

I personally play AP just for the hit and run style of burst->kill->gone. can't get enough of 3 hit kills and the shadow mind games. Once her mid game gets going, Eve will carry like no tomorrow because her ult refreshes and gives her HP back after each kill, which happens alot in team fight especially if you can burst someone down fast.

Ebon has great points on jungle AD if you choose that path.

Either way boot + sheen asap = win, if you can get it early enough, sheen's damage will shock everyone.