Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Did you know you can check your Dom Elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fancy Wolf

09-15-2013

Originally posted this as a reddit post but thought Id throw the link over here for you guys

go show what for it mean to be super dominion legernd

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege..._dominion_elo/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1mg5cm/did_you_know_you_can_check_your_dominion_elo/)

edit: welp it ran its course,,, all the world championship spoiler threads ate the front page... almost made it...

I will get a super big dominion reddit post to front page!!! mark my words!!

Sfawas

09-15-2013

Reddit gets all that formatting and we don't even get punctuation?

I blame Obama.

Fancy Wolf

09-15-2013

Quote:
Sfawas:
Reddit gets all that formatting and we don't even get punctuation?

I blame Obama.

man reddit format is annoying....

I want to be able to hit enter twice

and leave a big space

wolferer

09-15-2013

wow, I never knew this. Thanks for the tip!

Fancy Wolf

09-15-2013

Quote:
wolferer:
wow, i never knew this. Thanks for the tip!

OHHHH THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!!l!!!!!!

Geryth

09-15-2013

Isn't that still not an exact MMR though? I thought it was some third party algorithm that makes an approximation based on W/L.

Edit: Checked the home page of the site again, and they claim that it's hidden MMR. We still really don't know for sure though.

Sauron

09-15-2013

BRB renaming Clueless to "Diamond SR Team"

Fancy Wolf

09-15-2013

Quote:
Sauron:
BRB renaming Clueless to "Diamond SR Team"

sauron no! DIAMOND SR TEAM CANT BEAT TOP DOM TEAMS!! YOUR GONNA MAKE ME A LlAR

Fancy Wolf

09-15-2013

Quote:
Geryth:
Isn't that still not an exact MMR though? I thought it was some third party algorithm that makes an approximation based on W/L.

Edit: Checked the home page of the site again, and they claim that it's hidden MMR. We still really don't know for sure though.

and considering what people were before jabebot went down, and averaging out across multiple games, it is fairly accurate representation of your mmr

Geryth

09-15-2013

Quote:
Fancy Wolf:
and considering what people were before jabebot went down, and averaging out across multiple games, it is fairly accurate representation of your mmr

What makes me sceptical is that I know I'm over 2k MMR. I was 1886 at +26 wins over losses when jabe bot stopped. Right now I'm something like +42 wins over losses. If each win is an average of 12 elo, then that's another +16 wins at 12 elo each which is 192 elo more then I had, so I'd say plus or minus 50 elo of 2078 is where I'm at, so to assume I'm over 2k is a pretty safe bet. Also, I only solo queue, so my elo gain per game on average is actually better than 12 (evidenced by my 1886 rating at a mere +26 wins over losses, and because I more often play against premade teams then I do playing with premade teams, to which losses hit less and wins are worth more). I've also only played something like 150 games since that jabe bot record, so the chance for some great shift isn't likely.

All that said, quickfind.kassadin.in places my elo anywhere from 1650-2200, but probably 7 times out of 10 the teams' elo is mid 1700's. I know for a fact I'm a few hundred above that. If I were to believe the site, I would assume I'm probably sitting around 1800 elo if I averaged my team elo over a bunch of games. This makes me believe the site is using some kind of algorithm involving wins and losses, because my elo is a lot higher than normal for my number of wins over losses. This, and I see big names like MMKH, SifuCalvin, or Aparkhurst in my games and the team's average would still be like 1800-1900. I think the MMR shown is greatly errored, by up to 200 elo.