Mac Dock Icon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hablapatabla

11-12-2013

I'm not sure if this is the right subforum to be posting this in, or if I should even be posting this in the League of Legends forums, but here goes.

My Mac dock is incredibly cluttered, filled with many apps for school and recreation. I've been trying to find a way to minimize LoL or just any application in general without having the icon on the dock show up. Many different sites tell me to insert a sketchy string of commands into the info.plist part of the package contents of the League application, but no luck. It doesn't work with other applications either. I've tried just opening the get info window of League and changing the dock icon from there to see if that is possible as well, but still no luck. Is there any way at all to get rid of the LoL dock icon without completely closing out of Lol, or am I just SoL?

Thank you very much,
Hablapatabla

Palasit

11-13-2013

Repeat After Me:
I will not pin LoL on the Dock
I will not pin it on my sock
I will not pin the old LoL Launcher
Of this I could not be any stauncher
I will not pin the LoL Client
Heaven forbid I pin the game-game
that would just be lame-lame
If I wish to be compliant
For if I do my LoL will break
Because my shortcut will be a fake

-brent

thenicksolo

11-14-2013

Launch Pad (Silver rocket ship icon) and Spotlight (Command + Space Bar by default) are both great ways to load into league successfully without having a league icon on your dock.

Normally I use Spotlight and just type "le" and spotlight figures out I want to play league.

Give it a shot.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2531