"Application has failed to start because d3dx9_39.dll was not found."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Michalo

12-10-2010

Hey,

Everytime I try to start a game, it goes fine until the client tries to switch over to the actual game loading screen or whatever, at which point it tells me the game has crashed and I should try to reconnect. When I try to reconnect the same thing happens. If I go into the c:/riot games/League of legends/game/leagueoflegends.exe, it comes up "Unable to locate component: This application has failed to start because d3dx9_39.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

1) Is there any way for me to fix this without reinstalling the entire application? I am on an older computer that uses windows xp, and it takes forever to download the client and then patch it, and I dont really want to waste that much time. If there is an easier fix, I would very much appreciate hearing about it.

2) Would reinstalling the entire game even fix the problem? Or is this some sort of problem with my video card or something of that sort?

Thanks,
Michalo

threelite

12-10-2010

Uh, do you have DirectX 9? Does your graphics card support it? Attach your dxdiag.txt (start > run > dxdiag, "yes", save all information).

Matricus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-10-2010

Install the latest DirectX.

Hanaeho Vyusher

04-27-2011

I am getting this same problem and I do have the latest DirectX I can get from the website. I am still getting this problem.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2011

Give this one a try: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...1-50ceb6d8fa8d

when downloaded extract to a folder on your desktop, run setup.exe from that folder and install from there :-)

Sarah HyIand

08-25-2011

im getting that reply ): im downloading the stuff again.. to see if it will work now... hhh i hope it will

ThaChoKo

03-02-2012

now im still can't play...