Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

To Sivir Fans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maxsparrow

09-14-2013

Hi there! I am one of the few people who likes Sivir, but I do feel she could use a rework. I want to write an article about what could be good for a Sivir rework and I want to know what the community thinks about her. Please answer the questions below and add any other comments you feel are relevant. Thanks!

What do you like about Sivir?

What would you change about Sivir?

What would you absolutely not want changed?

An Evil Goat

09-14-2013

They already have a rework planned for her.

Maxsparrow

09-14-2013

I know but I still think it can be an interesting discussion

Frightning

09-15-2013

Quote:
An Evil Goat:
They already have a rework planned for her.

Don't you mean VU, I've not recalled hearing that they're going to be changing her kit at all. She does desperately need a VU though (dat Season 1 quality model).

Thubgar

09-15-2013

Quote:
Maxsparrow:

What do you like about Sivir?

What would you change about Sivir?

What would you absolutely not want changed?

1) her former aoe dps carry status

2) i think her primary concerns are her e and the arrangement of her abilities. currently her shield vacillates too much in its value. in the early game it's a giant mana boost, but late game it does nothing. if they resolved her mana problems her shield could do something more valuable. it woudl go a long way. (i've often thought it should push cooldowns which could make buying mana meaningful while also checking her early game)

i think her w and r should be altered and switched. right now the w is a paltry dps increase, and her ult is so huge that her entire kit is under valued because of the remote chance that 5 auto attack champs pile into a team.
by moving her (modified) team steroid to her normal kit, she'll have access to it in smaller engagements.
her ult can then be free to give her loads of bouncing boomerangs which is only valuable in large fights. s1 sivir's field of aoe doom becomes more appropriate when it's coming from a long CD all-in style ult.

3) keep her aoe centric.

iP1ayJarvan

09-15-2013

Keep the range. Revert W into a toggle. Watch chaos ensue in champion feedback.

Bo0m5l4ng

09-15-2013

Her e is not only a mana return, it also BLOCKS all damage from an ability, which is situational, but is not as worthless as people claim. Playing sivir, I consistently have the lowest damage received, which could be blamed on a number of things, but i credit spell shield above all on this. I do get focused, but manage to peel for myself just by blocking that incoming cc. Certain champs that have all their burst in a single skill, or revolve around an advertised opener, HATE sivir, because of her spell shield. Veigar, blitz, etc. If you are at the point that her e doesn't seem to return much mana, you no longer need that mana, but blocking those massive abilities are even more important at this point, so I think her E is perfectly fine. It is also the one skill that dictates how well of a sivir player you are.

Her problem lies in the fact that her kit REQUIRES her to block abilities to maintain her damage output. This is a flawed kit, as it is too easily countered, AA sivir while she blows through her mana, and she can't do anything. I think boomerang should return 25% of the mana cost for each enemy hit, but half of that for each hit after that against the same champion. I think this would fix the issue with her kit, and bring it back around.

Don't bring back the W toggle, it was removed for a reason.

iP1ayJarvan

09-15-2013

i know. which is why i said chaos would ensue

SuperShadonic

09-15-2013

Here is my suggesstion.

W and Range
Range increase to 550
OR
Make W Toggle again.

Passive
Keep Same.

Q Boomerang Blade
Decrease Mana costs at all levels by 20.

E Spell Shield
New passive gives 3/4/5/6/7 Mana reg per 5 now.
Mana cost increased to 10.
Mana restore on shield hit increased by 15.

R Adreneline Rush Rework
No longer grants AS and MS to Champions, still does to minions.
Passive 15/30/40 AD.
Active: Increases MS only like previously. For the duration Sivir also gets 2 reduced Cooldown on all abilities. Also Sivir attacks with one hand while spinning the gianter boomerang with another arm. During the active, Boomerang Blade can be cast enhanced once. Adreneline Rush Boomerang Blade has AD Ratio increased by 0.4. Has Slightly more range and width and damage does not reduce on multiple target hits.

Frightning

09-15-2013

Quote:
SuperShadonic:

Q Boomerang Blade
Decrease Mana costs at all levels by 20.

This by itself would make her immediately BROKEN!