Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

FUNDED Petition - Camera Balance!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sorderon

09-22-2013

Quote:
IS13afa20c6968d74fba626:
You have actually no idea (and I insist : no idea) on how long this added functionnality is really going to take.
Besides, your pledging is nothing. No offense, but they make thousands in sales in less than 15 minutes.

Welp...it's been years...and YES...it's REALLY THAT EASY....it's a simple number on the y-axis of where your character is locked ... more difficult if they let you lock it wherever u want...but a new default spot would literally be that simple.

As to the pledge....you gotta start somewhere...and this is an effort to do so.

Saydene

09-23-2013

Why do some people have to come in to these just to start stuff? I know programmers that could have script like this done in literally minutes. And Riot should be viewing these posts as a representation of their player base, not just a couple hundred bucks. If this many people talk about it on the forums, how would it affect the full population of the game?

Pissfer

Recruiter

09-24-2013

First, what I want to say: The point where you took the screenshots is overly misleading. This may be part of your point, but those steps actually do have a vertical portion to them, so you do have less vision to a greater extent when facing down

And to Saydene: You can say that this may be a representation of the playerbase, but at the same time, many people only seek out the forum when they have an issue. It is much less common to see people who visit places to give praise instead. In that light, you have to look at this from a point of view that says that a larger portion of those that have issues with the locked screen are going to both come to this forum as well as look in threads that have to do with this topic compared to those who have no real opinion on the situation. So the representation I see here is actually fairly small. Does that make your point overall invalid? Probably not, but realize that the vocal will often represent a much smaller minority than the ratio of them represents

Sorderon

09-24-2013

Pissfer: First, not really sure what you mean in your first paragraph...if you're trying to say that the pictures are misleading...you're going to have to be more explicit. The pictures speak for themselves and show the OBVIOUS difference in viewable area toward your enemies.

Your response to Saydene...try this thread...

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2019392

Just one that has 180,000 views and over 800 replies.

It's just not a hard fix...and it WON'T change the game AT ALL for the people who aren't having problems and hence don't come to look at or comment on the forums about.

Show me the downside of making a fix like this.

Bolraguard

09-25-2013

Well, Unless Riot has something serious in the mix for fixing this issue by Newyears, - Im putting in the towel and Shoving my $15 a month happily into the hands of another company.

New years Riot, - Atleast to have true Confirmation that something is actually being done... At the end of that.. If nothing is done.. I will (Removed due to legal reasons)

Sorderon

09-26-2013

Will a blue ever respond to the idea of having a new optional default lock spot for purple side or the ability to re-lock your champion wherever you want on the screen?

riot has shot down every other suggestion but this one....why won't you respond to it?

Wuju Lord

09-26-2013

I pledge $10 to this. I know its not a lot, but dammit I agree. We've always had this problem.

While i understand that its surely harder to implement than most of us can imagine, this would definitely be worth the effort.

Sorderon

09-27-2013

Thanks for your pledge Kelnack.

Even people who can't pledge $$ please still pledge your desire...responses keep the thread alive.

Pissfer

Recruiter

09-28-2013

Quote:
Sorderon:
Pissfer: First, not really sure what you mean in your first paragraph...if you're trying to say that the pictures are misleading...you're going to have to be more explicit. The pictures speak for themselves and show the OBVIOUS difference in viewable area toward your enemies.

Your response to Saydene...try this thread...

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2019392

Just one that has 180,000 views and over 800 replies.

It's just not a hard fix...and it WON'T change the game AT ALL for the people who aren't having problems and hence don't come to look at or comment on the forums about.

Show me the downside of making a fix like this.

I have take part in that Discussion. I'm probably between 5 and 8 of those replies. While not a lot, it's still significant. Also, just because it has been viewed and responded to by those numbers does not show your representation because of two reasons: 1. The threads been going on for a long time, which automatically attracts higher view numbers, especially since there's a red post in it, and 2. because there's probably an equal amount of naysayers in there. I'm not here to fight the changes, I'm just here to keep you all level-headed about it all.

And as to my first paragraph, what I mean is that those steps magnify the difference between the two, because those steps have a vertical portion to how they're viewed (which is why skill shots often partially disappear under it). Maybe that's part of why the pictures are taken there - to amplify the effect. But at the same time, most of the game is not played in that siege position (though I will give you that river has similar characteristics), so the amplification is blowing it a little more out of proportion.

I don't disagree that there is a vision discrepancy with the locked screen, simply that you should represent it fairly, such as using from the inner turret towards the steps, rather than from the inhib turret towards the steps.

I'm not saying changes don't need to be made, or even that they shouldn't be made, but I do want people to "keep it real". Honestly, I'm probably one of the most reasonable people you'll find on this forum. Whether that's cause I'm Canadian, or whether it's because I'm a freak, I don't know, but it is true. You won't often find me posting extremes of one side or another, but trying to figure out where the happy medium exists that might actually be possible.

There's more that I could say right now, but this seems like it covers most of the response points.

Sorderon

09-30-2013

Pissfer: The screenshots are in no way misleading or 'blown out of proportion'....nothing has been altered in these pictures and no zooming in our out has been done to any of the pictures. They are in all senses of the words "accurate and true". The stairs being in them makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.

The first photo shows the blue sides Leona skill shot from the turret directly out to lane reaching the bottom of the stairs and then still having viewable area out into the lane.

The second photo shows the SAME EXACT POSITION from purple side with the same exact skillshot. You cannot see the end of the skill shot, the bottom of the stairs, or any distance into the lane.

The third photo is just a suggestion of where we could be allowed, as a choice, to relock our cameras to when on purple side.

I fail to see anything misleading about these photographs and am now greatly wondering if I've been trolled this hard or if you're seeing something that no one else apparently sees.

To your last point...even if the camera disadvantage only affects 10% of the playerbase as Riot claims (I personally think it's higher than that and I know EVERYONE says they lock their cameras once they actually get into the team fight and even the pros have admitted a disadvantage during those points of the game while on purple side), 10% is still a lot of people.

Take 10% in a typical Summoners rift pvp game. On average...1 person EVERY game. So even if it doesn't affect you, it's affecting the game.

Think of it another way...5 people on your team...10% chance...HALF of the time you will have someone on your team that plays with the camera locked. Don't you want your teammates to play competently and not be at this disadvantage?