@Riot: Nobody was surprised when you guys didn't follow up on Heimer.

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Truculence

09-12-2013

We would have only been surprised if you did.

Seriously, why do you hate the little guy and the people that enjoy playing him so much? Understand that I'm not even being sarcastic when I ask what year you will update him. I've been here since beta, and you guys even told us it that the Heim rework of old was going to simply have a waiting period to see whether aspects would need to be reverted or buffed. Then we were told S2 would be when Heim gets that attention he sorely needs. Then S3. S4? S5? S6? When do you guys actually begin to see this as a priority, if not to keep the game balanced and have people enjoy playing Heimer again, then to begin to repair your souring relationship with an increasingly large segment of the community that feels disenfranchised as your company grows larger and more distant.

IlIlIlIIIIIIllll

09-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truculence View Post

Seriously, why do you hate the little guy and the people that enjoy playing him so much? Understand that I'm not even being sarcastic when I ask what year you will update him. I've been here since beta, and you guys even told us it that the Heim rework of old was going to simply have a waiting period to see whether aspects would need to be reverted or buffed. Then we were told S2 would be when Heim gets that attention he sorely needs. Then S3. S4? S5? S6? When do you guys actually begin to see this as a priority, if not to keep the game balanced and have people enjoy playing Heimer again, then to begin to repair your souring relationship with an increasingly large segment of the community that feels disenfranchised as your company grows larger and more distant.
obviously they put much more emphasis and priority on the skin department

too bad they don't give a **** about the balancing team

(not to mention the balancing team has 0 brainpower)

GutEveryone

09-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlIlIlIIIIIIllll View Post
obviously they put much more emphasis and priority on the skin department

too bad they don't give a **** about the balancing team

(not to mention the balancing team has 0 brainpower)
go home, angry barcode man

mertatron

09-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truculence View Post

they said xyph was working on him and it was a lot of work and I they work on it.

be happy they work on it, they could just ignore it and release new champs that bring money .. nooo .. they also try to improve old outdated champions.

why always so impatient ?

Pebkio

09-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertatron View Post
they said xyph was working on him and it was a lot of work and I they work on it.

be happy they work on it, they could just ignore it and release new champs that bring money .. nooo .. they also try to improve old outdated champions.

why always so impatient ?
It's a little worse than that, BECAUSE they've put out so much info on him and made a lot of promises. If they hadn't been promising over and over that Heim was the next major rework, there'd be less anger. If they didn't mention him at all, Heim would just fade away from these forums. All you'd see would be the occasional "Whatever happened to..." posts.

I once asked Morello, in a post, why he kept promising that Heim was being reworked when that clearly wasn't the case. I pointed out how it felt like he was just trolling us. I stand by that statement. Because the one time we see anything solid, it was scrapped and they blamed US.

Oh, and don't say the word "impatient". You clearly haven't been paying attention. This has been years now.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-13-2013
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebkio View Post
It's a little worse than that, BECAUSE they've put out so much info on him and made a lot of promises. If they hadn't been promising over and over that Heim was the next major rework, there'd be less anger. If they didn't mention him at all, Heim would just fade away from these forums. All you'd see would be the occasional "Whatever happened to..." posts.

I once asked Morello, in a post, why he kept promising that Heim was being reworked when that clearly wasn't the case. I pointed out how it felt like he was just trolling us. I stand by that statement. Because the one time we see anything solid, it was scrapped and they blamed US.

Oh, and don't say the word "impatient". You clearly haven't been paying attention. This has been years now.
The only takeaway I get from this is "don't tell me anything until it's released." Now, I don't like that approach because I can't share information, but let me clarify something;

This type of reaction and wide-spread expectation (it's common, not calling just you out here) is why so many game companies and devs are gag-ordered. Because all information is ammo against the developer. All info is equated to a promise that will meet expectations of "now, and just how I want it in my own mind." Considering we have a LOT of issues to work on and talk about, we can't follow-up with fresh information all the time.

Xyph posted a kit peek. We've been working on him. This stuff is time and work intensive. It's still happening.

I'm gonna level with you; the way we get to communicate with players openly, without PR scrubbing, without gags is nearly unique to Riot. But there's little that makes me regret doing it more than seeingposts like this. It's disheartening.

We want to be a company that's more open and forward, and we want to just be real and unfiltered. In return, I think we have to have a better relationship and players can help by understanding that dates shift, and game development is complex and hard. Don't accuse on this stuff - it's extremely frustrating and not productive in the least.

We do this on our own time out of fervor - we want the open communication. There's a lot of issues, a lot of concerns, and a LOT of people. It's been like a few weeks since we've talked about Heimer which is basically no time at all.

Just because you don't have a date doesn't mean we're not doing it - it's just not the only thing in the universe that matters. Nothing in development is.

Just Mid

09-13-2013

It's k Marshmello. I like you ;-;

Take your time. I can wait. I prefer quality and you guys are doing an awesome job!

sleepisdeath

09-13-2013

3 years to be correct. and if this rework wont come out they trolled us for the 3rd time.

Iron Angel 2k2

09-13-2013

My only question is will it also come with a VU?

He desperately needs one but if I had to make only one suggestion on his VU it would be that you DO NOT under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES take away his swag walk. Pls.

Teemo is Life

09-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
The only takeaway I get from this is "don't tell me anything until it's released." Now, I don't like that approach because I can't share information, but let me clarify something;

This type of reaction and wide-spread expectation (it's common, not calling just you out here) is why so many game companies and devs are gag-ordered. Because all information is ammo against the developer. All info is equated to a promise that will meet expectations of "now, and just how I want it in my own mind." Considering we have a LOT of issues to work on and talk about, we can't follow-up with fresh information all the time.

Xyph posted a kit peek. We've been working on him. This stuff is time and work intensive. It's still happening.

I'm gonna level with you; the way we get to communicate with players openly, without PR scrubbing, without gags is nearly unique to Riot. But there's little that makes me regret doing it more than seeingposts like this. It's disheartening.

We want to be a company that's more open and forward, and we want to just be real and unfiltered. In return, I think we have to have a better relationship and players can help by understanding that dates shift, and game development is complex and hard. Don't accuse on this stuff - it's extremely frustrating and not productive in the least.

We do this on our own time out of fervor - we want the open communication. There's a lot of issues, a lot of concerns, and a LOT of people. It's been like a few weeks since we've talked about Heimer which is basically no time at all.

Just because you don't have a date doesn't mean we're not doing it - it's just not the only thing in the universe that matters. Nothing in development is.
I really enjoy the way Riot responds to the community, not some robotic response or some copy pasted script that apologizes while nothing is accomplished. I think the only issue here is some time last year there was a whole big emergence of the Heimer rework, his abilities were posted and everything about how much better it was going to be. I personally main Teemo, but I can understand from the point of view of a diehard specific-champion player. Those that main Heimer know he's underpowered, and for reasons that Riot has clearly pointed out. I think all they want is just a little acknowledgement that there are people working on it and they want to get it out as soon as possible, and that it's not something to be delayed like a random skin.

1234511 ... 22